NO zombies Multiplayer servers?

PunishmentPanda

I was not sure where to put this so I apologise if this should be in the Multi player section. 

I've had this idea floating in my head since I first played multi player, what if there were no zombies, what if it was just that most of the population suddenly vanished, and the last survivors want to pick over the remains of  human society.

Basicly it would be a PvP server with no zombies, just players and NPCS eventually. Players would end up fighting over the remaining supplies. This would be a little like the Hunger games but on a bigger scale. Unfortunately though, my current economic situation does not enable me to be able to host a server by myself.  Please tell me what you think. Is this a good Idea?

More likely devolve into DayZ or Rust since the enemies in those games are nothing but nuisances rather than anything of great threat. You might get some to enjoy it, but I imagine it would be a very baron and unenjoyable world to be playing in. 

Interesting idea. Could also do something similar (using sandbox settings) by lowering the amount of zombies, upping their smarts and senses, then switching the infection to being non-transmittable. Bam. The word is sparsely populated by crazy people who want to bite you, but they're not really that much of a threat. Good source of spontaneous loot though.

I feel like most servers are dead after a few hours of zombies and loot anyway. I log on and have nothing to do but drink from rainbuckets most the time.

According to one of the last monoids, that's something, that is been worked on

I was not sure where to put this so I apologise if this should be in the Multi player section. 

I've had this idea floating in my head since I first played multi player, what if there were no zombies, what if it was just that most of the population suddenly vanished, and the last survivors want to pick over the remains of  human society.

Basicly it would be a PvP server with no zombies, just players and NPCS eventually. Players would end up fighting over the remaining supplies. This would be a little like the Hunger games but on a bigger scale. Unfortunately though, my current economic situation does not enable me to be able to host a server by myself.  Please tell me what you think. Is this a good Idea?

Sounds like it can go two ways. Towards the Hunger Games / DayZ where people squabble over the last can of  beans, or towards The Sims, where they slowly rebuild society, plants farms, help new arrivals, and exist in a boring utopia.

Sounds like it can go two ways. Towards the Hunger Games / DayZ where people squabble over the last can of  beans, or towards The Sims, where they slowly rebuild society, plants farms, help new arrivals, and exist in a boring utopia.

Well before the Pycho army thats been building a fort in the middle of no where decides to come out and murder everybody...Not that im planning anything like that...