Multiplayer lag mitigation

Asrayl

I didn't see this specifically in my search so forgive me if I missed something that's already planned or constantly talked about. 

I have a couple of ideas about minimizing server lag

1: Create a "maximum dead zombies rendered", where the oldest zombies (and their related blood spatter, and effects) are deleted, minimizing the rendering of objects, ground inventory, and related loading at one time.

2: Create a map cleaning interface to manually remove dead zombies, blood effects and such.

Anyway, it's too early in the morning, I haven't had my coffee. Would love to hear other ideas about this.

I think the rain should be able to wash away bloodstains. Alternatively (especially indoors) players then should have the option to pour water on the ground/floor.

Also, admins should be given the ability to remove corpses until the feature is implemented officially.

I think the rain should be able to wash away bloodstains. Alternatively (especially indoors) players then should have the option to pour water on the ground/floor.

Also, admins should be given the ability to remove corpses until the feature is implemented officially.

you mean this?

Why not give punishments for not cleaning the blood/bodies. Besides already to be implemented sickness, we could give certain moodles like being anxious near a corpse or blood spatter. Giving incentives to take some load off the server sounds like a grand idea to me. 

TiS, please make all bodies bodies burnable at some point and maybe we could use bleach to help remove stains. 

Why not give punishments for not cleaning the blood/bodies. Besides already to be implemented sickness, we could give certain moodles like being anxious near a corpse or blood spatter. Giving incentives to take some load off the server sounds like a grand idea to me. 

TiS, please make all bodies bodies burnable at some point and maybe we could use bleach to help remove stains. 

as far as i recall psychological and physiological factors are planned for corpses once they get removable and once mental health are implemented

body burning is planned aswell if i recall it right...but at least "removal"...burning was suggested and i think planned aswell (not 100% sure about the planned part)

I like all the dead bodies, I like going back and remembering a past battle I had. I like going back to see the old dead bodies of the zombies I killed when I first started playing. It's part of the charm of Zomboid for me. I think it would just be better if we could burn the bodies and stuff to get rid of them that way instead. 

I like all the dead bodies, I like going back and remembering a past battle I had. I like going back to see the old dead bodies of the zombies I killed when I first started playing. It's part of the charm of Zomboid for me. I think it would just be better if we could burn the bodies and stuff to get rid of them that way instead. 

nobody forces you to remove the body, but in future, if you want to bath in nostalgia you should get proper protection onto yourself

nobody forces you to remove the body, but in future, if you want to bath in nostalgia you should get proper protection onto yourself

I was saying I am against the zombies fading away after awhile.