profession related clothes

Scythe

hi there^^ . my idea for the suggestion post was, profession related clothes . for an example: a construction worker will have - an helmet + tshirt + jeans.       and a ranger - will have,  raincoat or other outdoor clothes with boots.

what do your think? not necessary but it would be cool to have :)

srry for my bad english... :(

I like the idea of having a higher chance to spawn with such items with each profession so every play through would be a little different. It would also make for fun backstories!

There should be a mod to give players the option to start out with stuff (like the policeman in earlier builds). Construction worker could start off with a tool belt containing nails, hammer etc.

Security guard starts with a baton and torch

Not to make them too overpowered, but even some misc items like that.

I like the idea of having a higher chance to spawn with such items with each profession so every play through would be a little different. It would also make for fun backstories!

There should be a mod to give players the option to start out with stuff (like the policeman in earlier builds). Construction worker could start off with a tool belt containing nails, hammer etc.

I like it. But I still wish we could find a utility belt that acts like a backpack but can only contain tools and nails and can be used even if they're not in your main inventory.

I like it. But I still wish we could find a utility belt that acts like a backpack but can only contain tools and nails and can be used even if they're not in your main inventory.

That does sound interesting, the workman wouldn't need to gather/store if it has the utility belt, but that would make him rather over-powered compared to the rest of the professions. Mind you, that wouldn't be difficult to mod in at all, have him spawn with a tool belt equipped on his back, and it containing tools whilst having minimal weight, would be a carpenters dream

and the Unemployed? my only idea was a jogging suit with a fanny pack XD :D

+ a bottle of booze and anti-depressants....he's been unemployed pretty long you know...;D

Crying Because I'm Laughing So Hard :D

Noo...nooo...don't cry, it's over soon, i promise....shhhh *grabbing the pillow*...

yea XD -- but seriously i had no idea if it could be better balanced if every class gets a toolbelt

I don't know, would feel wrong if everyone would just get one. Than you are at the same point as now and the purpose is gone. I agree that everyone should be able to find a toolbelt.

But just in case everyone agrees to you. "FIRST FOR BATMAN'S TOOLBELT" o/

If you guys want I can quickly write a mod to implement these suggestions?

Fireman = Fire Axe
Police Officer = Pistol + 2 mags
Park Ranger = Camping Equipment
Construction Worker = Tool belt with hammer, saw + some nails
Security Guard = Torch + Baton

I can write a short bit of code to make each profession spawn with these items

Fireman = Fire Axe

for me not neccesary ^^ it was just an idea for the charakter creation. BUT i looking foward to your Resident Evil Map that i found a few minutes ago ;)

for me not neccesary ^^ it was just an idea for the charakter creation. BUT i looking foward to your Resident Evil Map that i found a few minutes ago ;)

Well if you thought of it, im sure others did too! Also check out my Resident Evil Mod I released last night. It's the foundation of my mod.

Fireman = Fire Axe

DO IT!!!!

please...

I know it wouldn't fit in with the current 'narrative' of Project Zomboid (i.e: Starting a week or two after the zomzoms came to town), but having a character spawn in, in their work gear, at their place of work, could be... Interesting.

In the case of the security guard, sure, they get the rent-a-cop clothes, and a baton/handgun, but they spawn inside a poorly barricaded room inside a mall or something. No water left, no food left, they've got to move.

I dunno. What I'm getting at, is some way to start with a character up shit-creek without a paddle, with the horde about to break down the door or something similar. I spawned inside a house on MP once with a new character, and the alarm went off. There was a large amount of zombies nearby. The frantic packing and running for my life was pretty epic.

That does sound interesting, the workman wouldn't need to gather/store if it has the utility belt, but that would make him rather over-powered compared to the rest of the professions. Mind you, that wouldn't be difficult to mod in at all, have him spawn with a tool belt equipped on his back, and it containing tools whilst having minimal weight, would be a carpenters dream

I wasn't saying that he was the only one who could get a construction belt but he may have a chance of spawning with one.

I wasn't saying that he was the only one who could get a construction belt but he may have a chance of spawning with one.

Ah my apologies. I guess we just have differing opinions of wether or not spawning with it is overpowered.

Fireman = Fire Axe

DO IT!!!!

please...

Ask and you shall receive...

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/6979-professional-professions/