FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.12

lemmy101

REMEMBER: This is a forum test release because it may have new bugs or other serious issues, in fact a few we're aware of already and this latest build hasn't had a huge amount of closed testing. However we'd like to extend it to a forum test to get any remaining issues as quickly as possible.

If not comfortable with that, please wait until official release on Desura, which should hopefully be for Mondoid if it goes well. REMEMBER, it's always advised to back up your saves when using forum builds.

[removed outdated links]

Changelist:

• Optimizations - FPS comparisons would be ace.
  • Fixed flickering roofs
  • Possible invisible wall fix? (again)
  • Can now see zombies at maximum range instead of them fading in before edge of screen (may have balance ramifications since they can see you at any range u can see them, albiet with falloff chance)
  • Various crash fixes
  • Other stuff I forget.

Ingame it still says 2.9.9.11 ? Just forgot to change the number? :P

And my game still crashes after a few steps, but I guess that's due to the mods I had installed..

Anyway, great job! I like the crawling zombies :)

Which mods do you use?

And my game still crashes after a few steps, but I guess that's due to the mods I had installed..

I got the same bug, but I don't use any mod.

If it crashes PLEASE put the error output in here otherwise it's literally of no use to us? :P

Like I said in the previous post, there is no log, at all ^^

However I can make an error appear while exiting the game (without having moved) and moving once reloaded. I don't know if it is the same error.

Got the same problem, and there is no log in the console or any other message. Additionnally, I don't have any mod. Don't know what to add, since I cannot get a log of what's going on.

Edit : I just quit the game once the game was loaded (without walking at all) and reloaded the game, it gave me :

bug.jpg

bug2.jpg

Edit : from http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/79-test-forum-released-project-zomboid-version-29911/?p=10311

I got the same bug, but I don't use any mod.

Where is this mystical 'no error log' comment? :P

"They added crawlers, the bastards! At least these walking dudes are no prob.......wait now he's a crawler too?"  :cry:

If you are stood at the zeds feet when it changes from a knocked-down to a crawler there is an issue where instead of crawling towards you it will almost flip towards the player (so that it is facing the right way) with its feet being the pivot point of the flip. This is a terrible explanation of this I know but I will try to record it and post the vid if I can :)

Majority of the zeds I kill always turn into crawlers, its very challenging but can be frustrating at points as It may only be 4 / 5 of them and I usually can take them on but those crawlers are just o.O non the less I love the feature but maybe nerf it a lil bit =)

This build is glitched for me.

The game loads, I can start a new survival game, but when it loads the world, the map is just black. Pressing escape works. Screen decorations are present, inventory is present. Cursor is present. Everything else is black. Did not have this problem with version 2.9.9.11 .

Nothing in the logs, no error messages popped up.

Version:  Linux AMD 64 2.9.9.12 forum test build (vanilla)

hardware / OS: Gentoo Linux (kernel 3.10.5) amd64 / Intel HD Graphics 3000 (sandybridge) / intel video drivers version 2.21.14 / mesa version 9.1.6 / xorg-server-1.14.2.901/ 8 GB RAM /

tried 13? (using backup save, chances are its fubarred by that)

I will try it once the linux version is up.

By the way, I tried using bzip 2 instead of gzip on the game files and the archive was 207 MB instead of 240 MB, if you're concerned about saving bandwidth (just doing tar -cvjf instead of -cvzf )