ID_DISCONNECTION_NOTIFICATION

Slugga

as soon as the game has updated to 25a, I'm having the same issue... I can log in using the lan ip, but not using the external ip, which was perfectly fine just yesterday (the ports are correctly open).

I've tried deleting the servertest folder, but nothing happens. I'll resume the issue:

1)I've deleted the servertest folder, but if I log in with my account, I appear in the same spot as usual, with an already "used up" map

2)I can log in correctly with a different username and password using the internal ip (and the character appears in a random spot in Muldraugh as usual)

3)I cannot log in (noone seems to be able to) using the external ip

The server had the (awesome!) "old map" mod up, but I've also deleted the entire PZ folder and downloaded it again anew just to be sure.

Hey homie! I came here and registered just to share this tidbit my friend and I gleaned after 2 days of beating our heads against our routers. Let me know if this happens to be it.

So after monkeying with port forwarding for a day we said screw it and decided to try Hamachi. I'm sure you have it setup this way already, but I'm gonna go ahead and go throguh it all so i'm sure we're on the same page.

-- Both people install Hamachi, one creates a Hamachi Network, the other joins that network.

-- Host runs the server, both players connect to the server using the Hamachi I.P. address of the Host.

-- Here's what got it to work for us: both players connect to port 16261.

We were repeatedly unable to join even with ports 16261-16269 blown WIDE open on our respective systems, but what we noticed is that when a player successfully connects to the server via 16261, the server sees the incoming connection, and assigns the player to an open port.

For instance, when I Hosted the server, connected via 16261, and then watched the server- I saw an incoming connection to 16261, and then I saw the server move the connection to port 16262, and voila! My friend was on my server, using port 16262, but with 16261 in his server settings.

Hope this helps someone! Happy zombie-hunting y'all!