NO descriptions of hack methods 'for us to fix' please

lemmy101

We know fine well that with the moddability of the game, there are many ways people can hack. When releasing multiplayer we warned that whitelisted servers were the only sensible way to play if you want to avoid hackers. As it turns out people are running public servers and that's cool, and we are planning ways to improve the security which will hopefully render any lua hacks completely ineffective, but in the meantime you run or play on public servers at your own risk of hackers.

In the meantime, please do not post hack methods on these forums, as all this will do is advertise how to do it to others who normally wouldn't have the ability. These threads will be deleted on sight.

If you want to report hacks, please PM us. Even so, reporting lua hacks are of limited usefulness since we plan to lock these all down at once with checksum checks.

On a more serious note, Eliakoh and I (and admins on other servers, Eliakoh's one is pz.mindescape.eu) could actually benefit from that kind of knowledge !

Like a "speedhack" would be pretty useful when we're spawning zombies, it takes a couple of hours (maybe more) to properly spawn zombies in Muldraugh + West Point and make them migrate with meta events or gunshots. That keeps us from reseting too often and keeps the server alive, but that's a really long and dull job considering the few admin tools we have right now ^^

It would be easier to put on a "Game Master jacket" and create some sporadic events as well, like spawning bags of loot + zombies and give an approximative location on the global chat to give players a goal and create some RP etc...

I guess the admin tools will see their number grow, but in the mean time dem hax could be usefull for Game Mastering !

(I'll post it in suggestion, but a way to wipe all the dead bodies from the map would be awesome, the epic number of corpses when we spawn hordes all accross the map stress the server or people's computers pretty hard !)

If it's for single player use only, then it's not hacking, but modding. As long as it doesn't interfere with other people's gaming experience, there's no problem.

It's the multiplayer part that really has to be safe.

Internet is full of troll ! :D

A recent study found that internet trolls are  more likely to be sadists that the average internet user

Any link ? :P

An article on time: http://time.com/8265/internet-trolls-are-actually-sadists-study-finds/

the young Turks did a video on it: 

Internet is full of troll ! :D

A recent study found that internet trolls are  more likely to be sadists that the average internet user

Any link ? :P

An article on time: http://time.com/8265/internet-trolls-are-actually-sadists-study-finds/

the young Turks did a video on it: 

I thought it said three times more likely, but I couldn't find that part 

• 3 weeks later...