Crafting skill books?

I believe once you pass from beginner of a certain skill, you can craft a beginners skill book of that skill, for example someone capable of intermediate level farming can craft a farming for beginners skill book. This would make the fact that they are consumables a much less significant issue and can open the road for new bartering options.

Teaching other people about skills would be nice, it should get you some exp and the student should get some multiplier.

I actually like this idea too and for this idea

Kinda like that, could work for NPCs and players, but keep in mind that not everyone IRL is capable to write a book or teach to some people, even if he is an expert of his job.

Well maybe a new skill can be released? Perhaps communication, higher communication in SP means better chances that an NPC is friendlier to you and you can write or teach a skill book at certain levels. In MP it would work much the same except if there are NPC's in MP you can basically become better liked than others if your communication skill increases. The way to increase the skill is a little difficult to balance, but, perhaps using the text chat to talk, but put in a spam guard if the server host chooses to activate it so people can't spam and get full skill in a short time. Another possible way to increase it is the writing a book or writing a journal or read them, so that if you are write enough your books and journals and your levels increase, your work gets better and your books have higher value as they reduce more boredom and give more exp to those reading your books.

Teaching is something that I do believe is being considered and will be implemented (scribbling was suggested somewhere as well)

... but IRL someone who is experienced might be missing a skill that allows him to pass on the knowledge to others.

... o even if you're the best at something, you might be the worst at teaching