So I won Project Zomboid.

Rikashey

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, this is Build 25, there are no mods that work with it atm.

Also, this is Build 25

this is Build 25

Build 25

;o

That's not winning project zomboid, that's exploiting an alpha test version missing 3/4 of the features planned for the final version. Ofc it's easy if you don't RP something somewhat "realisable" and grow plants in concrete.

Good job tho, looks nice.

So far, in it's current state, I won.

Honestly, what could they possible add that would cause me to lose? I have a great stockpile of food and water and a home in the sky. I guess they could add droughts but even if they did that I have non-perishables. I hadn't even searched the houses for supplies yet I only looted the major buildings in Westpoint. If I were to loot ever single house in Westpoint and the buildings + houses in Muldraugh then I'd never have to farm again. 

Well, from my point of view I don't play open rpg to win :)

Yeah on that session you're pretty much all set till the end of time, but in the future it will be way harder to achieve what you created there !
Like I don't think you'll be able to farm on concrete/wooden floors anymore. Health and nutrition systems will be deepen, if you get injured in the process it will require much more time and efforts to heal than just eating food and wait a few minutes; infected wounds, broken limbs, diseases, severe bleeding etc... you might want to eat something else than only bags of crisps for the sake of your health as well ;p. NPC and zeds migration will make it way harder to loot, guns overhaul will make it impossible to slay entire hordes with a shotgun etc...

imo, in its current state, PZ is pretty much a walk in the park compared to what it's going to be. Red moodles will be the norme ;p

I think I might be safe enough to start farming now ;-)

2n67xja.png

I really have to wonder how do people kill such ridiculous amount of zombies. I'm going on my 5th month now and only have killed 400. I seriously should get the title pacifist when compared to you guys lol.

I think I might be safe enough to start farming now ;-)

2n67xja.png

I really have to wonder how do people kill such ridiculous amount of zombies. I'm going on my 5th month now and only have killed 400. I seriously should get the title pacifist when compared to you guys lol.

Play in sandbox with number of zombies set to insane and you'll get there. I got 1567 in a month and a half... Then a horde took me out at the hardware store in west point... R.I.P. Sensei Bobby Johnson.

You don't have that many non-perishable food in your inventory

Take a look at these additional images.

http://imgur.com/a/9KJYF

68 bags of chips...

I also have some perishable food in the fridge at Twiggy's.

I've read OP, that's in total "only" 4-5m worth of non-perishable food.

.... whaaaaat .... what do you mean perishable in fridges? 2m into the game and you still have power?

Actually, there isn't any power but for some reason the fridge at Twiggy's never lost power. It continues to keep my food cold.

That seems like a developer oversight and I may have to go check that out myself. Twiggy's shall rise as a glorious safehouse.

Oh oh.. or the devs sneakily put NPCS in and one crawls up the rope while ur sleeping and embraces u in the sleep... with a knife...

Keep on chur toeses :3 

You can remove/add sheet rope at anytime. Just have to take it down before going to bed if there was npcs.

Can you? :o I didn't know that :3 well we know who'll die if i was in his position :P

• 3 weeks later...

I also have the refrigerator bug that continues running after the power shuts off. It's in a 2 story house at this spot:

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.4975411491155223,0.22149557371594608,243.10379849685154

This is version 25c. Also, I've been eating the same 1/4 piece of cooked chicken 90% of the time. It's the endless chicken leg. I really mean it - the *same* chicken that I cooked on day 1.

Also, to OP, nice base - mine looks like a peasant's hovel comparatively; however, I will never die in my current situation either so I've grown bored with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't tried living on the road yet.

You should! Being a Nomad is fun, it's usually what I do - But this current build I am gathering materials to do the fort thing. I haven't tried being non-nomad since the old map, so thought I would switch it up.

I feel kind of in the same boat.  I'm over a month in and I rarely have to leave my fort for anything. I feel like I'm just playing a farming game. Occasionally I try cooking something fancy, but just eating a potato gets me through an entire day. Now there's fish too if I want. I have to go looking for them to find a zombie. I've made a couple runs into westpoint to fire off my shotgun in the hopes of generating a super horde but after one reload worth of shots they're all dead.  They've only really seemed like a relevant threat the first week of game time, when still looking for the basic toolset (axe, saw, etc.).  And even then, just crisscrossing behind some trees or houses always loses them.

I'm wondering if I stick it out longer will zombies actually start becoming a problem again? Like, do they start attacking your fort or anything? Massive migrations?

I'm guessing it gets harder to farm in the winter, and I'll start eating though non-perishibles. Could just play out for months and months to die of starvation but boredom will make me stop before i ever get to that point.  Am I missing something?