More, apocalyptic world?

Johnny

Hello, I am a newbie to PZ and the forums of course. I am here to discuss a more "Apocalyptic" world. Now, lets get started!

The Buildings

During the outbreak of the virus, the town would've gone to hell. Houses with smashed windows and blood, houses on fire ect. This would be a nice feature to the game. Maybe a house half-barricaded as the owner was munched on by a zombie during the construction? Maybe even survivor camps when NPCs are added. This would be quite real... 

The Streets

Ok, now were onto the streets... Blood splattered across the road, power lines snapped if we get power lines to the world. Maybe once vehicles are added the highway can become packed with them and zombies. Not once have I seen a zombie apocalypse without a highway packed with cars. Maybe bodies of those who didn't make it and have them soon come back?

The Woods

There could be some tents and fires in the woods with survivor living in them, farming for food. It would be great to finally have something out in those, deep, derpy woods. Once animals and hunting are added the survivors can hunt for food.

But as I know programming all this in would be a challenge and kinda hard. But yes, its good to get this suggestion out there. Someone else probably suggested this in the past but yeah, I would absolutely LOVE to see this happen. Yes I have seen the Erosion mod and I love the look of it, well done Turbo.

Thanks for reading, this is my first suggestion and I don't mind any criticizing.  

Hello, I am a newbie to PZ and the forums of course. I am here to discuss a more "Apocalyptic" world. Now, lets get started!

The Buildings

During the outbreak of the virus, the town would've gone to hell. Houses with smashed windows and blood, houses on fire ect. This would be a nice feature to the game. Maybe a house half-barricaded as the owner was munched on by a zombie during the construction? Maybe even survivor camps when NPCs are added. This would be quite real... 

The Streets

Ok, now were onto the streets... Blood splattered across the road, power lines snapped if we get power lines to the world. Maybe once vehicles are added the highway can become packed with them and zombies. Not once have I seen a zombie apocalypse without a highway packed with cars. Maybe bodies of those who didn't make it and have them soon come back?

The Woods

There could be some tents and fires in the woods with survivor living in them, farming for food. It would be great to finally have something out in those, deep, derpy woods. Once animals and hunting are added the survivors can hunt for food.

But as I know programming all this in would be a challenge and kinda hard. But yes, its good to get this suggestion out there. Someone else probably suggested this in the past but yeah, I would absolutely LOVE to see this happen. Yes I have seen the Erosion mod and I love the look of it, well done Turbo.

Thanks for reading, this is my first suggestion and I don't mind any criticizing.  

Welcome to the forums! :D Here's my take:

The buildings: I've already suggested this and said it to Turbotune, he said he could add a couple lines of code for cobwebs and such, doesn't mean he will but just it's possible for him to add that to the mod. It would be quite difficult to add to the detail I wanted I was told, but I agree with you, down to the last detail (furniture overturned, like fridge on its side etc...) if it's possible it would add a lot to the game and it would be worth it IMO.

Here's my thread if you want to see or add to it, feel free: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/6413-buildings-interiors-apocalypse-look/?hl=%2Bbuilding+%2Binterior

The Streets: I heard on a video with the devs that when cars are added they want to have the highway packed full of them and for them also to be lootable, also that you would be able to pack your bags into the cars' trunks (or maybe the backseat if you're on your own) so you can carry more loot with you. The roads definitely need to be more realistic which I *think* I heard might happen, those turns look impossible lol.

The Woods: Definitely would also love to see actual "survivors" who live out in the wilderness, more of a chance of seeing them insane. The wilderness is the place I want to play most, hunting, bows and arrows are something I'm seriously looking forward to next to NPCs.

Overall, I agree with everything, it looks too, well, cheerful for an apocalypse. Would love to see just something like a fridge being overturned or a chair, gives that sense of a story that happened in each individual house just by the bloodstains or toppled furniture. :D

Off-topic. I'm seriously expecting too much, I don't doubt TIS, but they're a pretty small team and there's an extent to an isometric game and I don't know if this comes close to it. If this got a serious backing then maybe they could dabble back and forth at it but at low priority.

The Buildings

The Streets

The Woods

The buildings: I've already suggested this and said it to Turbotune, he said he could add a couple lines of code for cobwebs and such, doesn't mean he will but just it's possible for him to add that to the mod. It would be quite difficult to add to the detail I wanted I was told, but I agree with you, down to the last detail (furniture overturned, like fridge on its side etc...) if it's possible it would add a lot to the game and it would be worth it IMO.

Here's my thread if you want to see or add to it, feel free: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/6413-buildings-interiors-apocalypse-look/?hl=%2Bbuilding+%2Binterior

The Streets: I heard on a video with the devs that when cars are added they want to have the highway packed full of them and for them also to be lootable, also that you would be able to pack your bags into the cars' trunks (or maybe the backseat if you're on your own) so you can carry more loot with you. The roads definitely need to be more realistic which I *think* I heard might happen, those turns look impossible lol.

The Woods: Definitely would also love to see actual "survivors" who live out in the wilderness, more of a chance of seeing them insane. The wilderness is the place I want to play most, hunting, bows and arrows are something I'm seriously looking forward to next to NPCs.

Overall, I agree with everything, it looks too, well, cheerful for an apocalypse. Would love to see just something like a fridge being overturned or a chair, gives that sense of a story that happened in each individual house just by the bloodstains or toppled furniture. :D

Off-topic. I'm seriously expecting too much, I don't doubt TIS, but they're a pretty small team and there's an extent to an isometric game and I don't know if this comes close to it. If this got a serious backing then maybe they could dabble back and forth at it but at low priority.

Its good to get a reply... Yes, I am expecting too much from this game too, but this game DOES have much potential. The wilderness is where I'd like to see a majority of the survivors. Maybe sitting the cabins in the woods, right? Kinda like The Walking Dead Season 2 (Game). Thanks for the reply bud, I am a newb and anything is ok for me. :D

[Edit] Thanks for the welcome! It is good to get welcomed to this community. Such a good community.

The Buildings

The Streets

The Woods

Its good to get a reply... Yes, I am expecting too much from this game too, but this game DOES have much potential. The wilderness is where I'd like to see a majority of the survivors. Maybe sitting the cabins in the woods, right? Kinda like The Walking Dead Season 2 (Game). Thanks for the reply bud, I am a newb and anything is ok for me. :D

It definitely has an incredible amount of potential and I haven't been let down by anything that was ever added to the game, TIS keep going through any obstacle to give us potentially the only proper zombie survival experience for a good amount of years so I praise them for that.

We can't really add much more to this, but I hope that if this ever becomes something they want to have, it might be tied in with the Sadistic AI Director in some way. After certain periods, like 3-4 months, houses you haven't been in look considerably worse than they did when you started the game. I'm 90% sure I heard they wanted cars to be packed in the highway in an interview with lemmy on YT. Not sure about the building's interiors though.

Would be pretty awesome if the first thing you need to do is stay alive while everything goes to hell.

You start maybe 20 minutes after it started going shit. Thats the time where some cars drive fast through the streets, people shoot guns, many getting killed by zombies. Some police force trying to keep the zombs back.

You would need to decide then if you want to stay at home and wait there, run into the woods or maybe even try helping to fend off the zombs- ofc just holding them back and save the town wont be possible.

Maybe you could keep a small group of NPCs safe. Some of them would leave after some time because they want to find their loved ones and a few would maybe stay.

Could open the doors for some different play styles.

Im not talking about "life before the apocalypse" like suggested before. No new items, no storyline. But it would be interesting if there would be "AI development" as time passes. At first they trust you pretty much as you are a human and no zombie. But by time they get more suspicious.

Also there wouldnt be just:

- Fresh food stage

- Water+Electricity stage

- Farm stage

... but also some even more early stage than the "Fresh food stage". Somekind of "panic" stage.

(Wow I got off topic here... again)

Would be pretty awesome if the first thing you need to do is stay alive while everything goes to hell.

You start maybe 20 minutes after it started going shit. Thats the time where some cars drive fast through the streets, people shoot guns, many getting killed by zombies. Some police force trying to keep the zombs back.

You would need to decide then if you want to stay at home and wait there, run into the woods or maybe even try helping to fend off the zombs- ofc just holding them back and save the town wont be possible.

Maybe you could keep a small group of NPCs safe. Some of them would leave after some time because they want to find their loved ones and a few would maybe stay.

Im not talking about "life before the apocalypse" like suggested before. No new items, no storyline. But it would be interesting if there would be "AI development" as time passes. At first they trust you pretty much as you are a human and no zombie. But by time they get more suspicious.

- Fresh food stage

- Farm stage

... but also some even more early stage than the "Fresh food stage". Somekind of "panic" stage.

i think this is a confirmed no too as far as i know

P.s. Welcome to the forum new survivors. and i would also like to remind you to read the Stickie threads first and do a quick search on yout topic to kkep the forum organized.

some decent ideas here. i just wish people would realize that what they see now when they play is NOT a finished product. still a lot of work to be done, a lot of planned features to implement, and a whole lot of map expansion to get done.

Think about it, it would be creepier walking through a littered house because crawlers could be anywhere. Aren't zombies attracted to smells also? Could affect your charcter's mood drastically, opens up more oppurtunities as you can see above.

Overtime when something isn't maintained it just gets worse and worse so it's something that would add a lot in terms of realism. Everything looking prfectly intact makes it look incredibly odd for an apocalypse. I don't see anything wrong with these suggestions except for the fact I'm sure it'd be a PITA to do, which is the only con I see. (feel free to list more cons if you see some). :)

Far away if it was planned? Yes. Leaving this out of discussion kills a lot of great suggestions so unless confirmed no or we have nothing to add to it, we should leave it up for discussion.

Hmm, another idea. Maybe if this is implemented, you could use a garbage bag to clean the mess that appears over time. Maintenance to your safe house to keep you, well, not sick I guess. And you could flip tables and stuff over again? That'll be cool. Developing this would still be hard. 

Personally i like that nothing is damaged. There's a special level of creepiness in SP when you wake up, everything looks absolutely normal except... No people. And then you see your first zombie..

I guess it is nice, but it really fits in with the "Its a Zombie Apocalypse" Theme.

some decent ideas here. i just wish people would realize that what they see now when they play is NOT a finished product. still a lot of work to be done, a lot of planned features to implement, and a whole lot of map expansion to get done.

Your right, its not a finished product yet. But when it is.... WOW! :D

- Fresh food stage

- Farm stage

i think this is a confirmed no too as far as i know

P.s. Welcome to the forum new survivors. and i would also like to remind you to read the Stickie threads first and do a quick search on yout topic to kkep the forum organized.

Well, thanks for the welcome! Its always nice.

The Buildings

The Streets

The Woods

spot on what this game need, I briefly mentioned it in the suggestion thing but I praise you for going into further detail 

- Fresh food stage

- Farm stage

starting during the chaos is a confirmed no

*snip*

starting during the chaos is a confirmed no

That not right. They said there wont be any "life before apocapylse". But making the start of it a bigger point in the game is something different. I just want to see the world change around me.

The first thing you see is chaos (stuff gets destroyed, signs that there was panic). Then quite a lot violence; zombies-human and human-human (not too much change in environment, people start barricading). Then maybe some kind of loneliness, everything quite because very much humans and zombies died (people are in some kind of shock situation, try to stay at secured homes). Then humans organize and try to ensure their survival (more human-made stuff appears, better fortified homes and such). Then nature takes over, growing plants... animals in towns.. (animals like raccoons would make a mess in houses, small animals would be quite common in the streets).

I think it would be very cool if the start of the game would be much harder than how it is now. Actually you would just need more zombies and humans at the start of the game and maybe add some kind of destruction (running into chair-> falls over; pack of zombies want over fance-> collapses). Things would get messy by itself.

Edit: I know its not easy, but when I see the "Erosion" mod I just want a more alive environment...

I'm sorry, but it that is right -- it's a confirmed no.

Though I'm sure the game could support something like that as a mod, it won't happen officially.

Which one? The starting during the chaos or the original post, or both? Probably both right? :(

Though I'm sure the game could support something like that as a mod, it won't happen officially.

Errrm.... I hope thats not a no to the post. It WOULD be realistic. I guess....

Errrm.... I hope thats not a no to the post. It WOULD be realistic. I guess....

it's mostly a no for the official Zomboid. And like said, probably would have to be made a mod instead

Just adding in my two cents; I don't think a super apocalyptic world would suit Zomboid at all. Sure, some signs of previous evacuation, cars and perhaps the odd body or two. But the silent, serene style environment suits the game's atmosphere far better. A chaotic world doesn't evoke depression in a player, it evokes excitement and action. Which isn't quite the Zomboid style. 

So while some things that picture a struggle long ago, or dormant cars, would increase the Zomboid atmosphere, fire, blood and chaos EVERYWHERE would simply loose the creepy feeling you have when sneaking about. 

Just adding in my two cents; I don't think a super apocalyptic world would suit Zomboid at all. Sure, some signs of previous evacuation, cars and perhaps the odd body or two. But the silent, serene style environment suits the game's atmosphere far better. A chaotic world doesn't evoke depression in a player, it evokes excitement and action. Which isn't quite the Zomboid style. 

So while some things that picture a struggle long ago, or dormant cars, would increase the Zomboid atmosphere, fire, blood and chaos EVERYWHERE would simply loose the creepy feeling you have when sneaking about. 

I agree with that, what I'm saying is for basically toppled furniture or maybe some beds that haven't been perfectly dressed by some angelic being. :P Lemmy also posted in the erosion mod saying that the mod is something they want in the game so that's basically as far as they would go, and would be great. (note the bold "want" doesn't mean it will happen)

Highways they said would look a bit more chaotic with cars filling it up a lot, I just can't remember what video I heard it being said in.

Well the chaos wouldnt last forever. First hours chaos, then a little more traffic than usual Zomboid and after the first day it would be pretty much Zomboid as we know it.

Btw I dont think the game will be too silent with NPCs and such.

it's mostly a no for the official Zomboid. And like said, probably would have to be made a mod instead

Hmmm. Thats a downer. Well, thanks for telling me. I didn't see this one. But this would be realistic. Also, it is still nice. So, I don't min :)

Guess your right ^_^ Having just a few signs of Evac would be enough. Maybe just a chair knocked down or something. But yeah, I agree too.