[24/7][Role-Play][East Coast][Build25v5] - It's too dangerous to go out alone!

RedDawn141

White list is now in full effect. You will get the message account not found if you try to join from now on if you are not white listed

The days of cheats/griefers/asshat children are alll behind us.

Remember to sign up for an application, write your backstory in the appropriate thread and message an admin your desired usernames/passwords to be white listed. 

READ THE RULES! and have fun!!!

Eh, I'd prefer to play with the normal standard amount of zombies and loot. As I said, this server is supposed to be mostly about roleplaying. You don't get that if you need to spend 20 minutes shooting hundreds of zombies to clear any one area.

message an admin your desired usernames/passwords to be white listed.

Which forum should be used for that: this one or the clan's one, or doesn't matter? Just to be sure.

The Clans, not this one.

Well. From what i listened, the username is the name of your character ingame. When your character dies, you have to contact an admin and tell him what's the name of your new character. Hope you don't die many times! I'm trying to mantain alive mine. Ahaha!

Yeah, it's been tough in this limbo state of not wanting to wipe everyones Buildings, but the soft reset isn't working fully and it's showing in the current low Population.  

I am highly considering a HardRest

I don't want to tell you what to do for your server but as a regular I highly suggest:

-Uniform zombie distribution so people can't just setup camp in the boondocks and avoid the cities until they are strong enough.

-Higher zombie count than the current one

-Best hearing with weakest navigation, slowest speeds, poor eye sight and whatever smelling.

That combination seems to make a much more dynamic map in my experience.

-Longest electricity would be cool too because right now the lack of electricity doesn't add much besides boredom.

-High heat and low rain chance.

-Bedford falls map would be a temporary boost to activity and help prevent the other bedford falls servers from stealing all the newcomers, more area to explore would also lessen the need for resets.

-People holding onto items (ammo/nails) from previous resets are really screwing with the game because they can setup new safe houses and start looting instantly after reset.

-Maybe turn on the skull icon when players turn off safety.

-Also maybe do something about the whitelist application, some people might be more natural role players than story tellers.

The server administrating is pretty great.

Except for a few thing:

Uniform Zombies - One, it doesn't make much sense for the zombies to be wondering into the woods in great numbers, mostly because there is far more noise in the city than in the woods (because, you know, no animals in the woods yet), and two camping in the woods is hard enough without having to break your axe on a random horde of zombies when you where planning on using it on a tree, so you could build a shelter before it started raining. Is it more realistic? Maybe, but I think some people like to forget that this is a game, and a game needs a balance between realism and gameism (pretty sure that isn't a word) for it to actually be fun.

Higher Zombie Count - Most people on the server would already agree that the hordes we get in west point and central Muldraugh are pretty ridiculous in size, increasing the count of those would just mean death for any newbie who ended up spawning near the center of one of the towns. Remember, this was a pretty small community before the outbreak, it isn't impossible for zombies from other towns to come over, but I doubt they would just flock to random towns unless the survivors set off a bunch of explosives.

High heat, low rain - Have you been on this server long? It's already nearly impossible to find water after the first two in-game days of the server resets, but now you want to make it so that rain is something that barely shows up? Are you mad!?

Bedford Falls - That map is a bit buggy and it requires you to replace the Muldraugh spawns. Not really an idea I hate, but it may make Muldraugh to much of a hassle to visit.

People holding onto items - Well, just because the server resets it doesn't mean that all of the RP stories going on before that reset as well, and I think people who have the forethought to keep building material on them before a reset should be rewarded for thinking ahead.

I prefer the way it is now

-Not uniform zombies

-Zombies are shamblers but when they see fresh meat get a little umf in their step

-Zombies have Normal visuals

-Zombies have keen hearing and keen smell

-Zombies memory is strong

No thank you on the silly poorly laid out Bedford falls

As far as white list, just doesn't seem to want to correctly work with java and crash a lot. Really a shame tech support doesn't even know wth is going on. Tis the life of an open beta. Same goes with soft reset, just works half assed on some cells. sigh

I assumed the server was using the classic standard Project Zomboid zombies. I'm losing interest in this server unfortunately though - far too much loot everywhere and very high initial zombie counts. I found a couple of pistols and lots of ammo on a bunch of dead zombies within the first 5 minutes; its not fun when finding that stuff isn't a challenge.

I assumed the server was using the classic standard Project Zomboid zombies. I'm losing interest in this server unfortunately though - far too much loot everywhere and very high initial zombie counts. I found a couple of pistols and lots of ammo on a bunch of dead zombies within the first 5 minutes; its not fun when finding that stuff isn't a challenge.

That unfortunately has to do with the drop rate the developers set for the zombies. Not much I can do about that.  Loot is already set to rare.

Except for a few thing:

Uniform Zombies - One, it doesn't make much sense for the zombies to be wondering into the woods in great numbers, mostly because there is far more noise in the city than in the woods (because, you know, no animals in the woods yet), and two camping in the woods is hard enough without having to break your axe on a random horde of zombies when you where planning on using it on a tree, so you could build a shelter before it started raining. Is it more realistic? Maybe, but I think some people like to forget that this is a game, and a game needs a balance between realism and gameism (pretty sure that isn't a word) for it to actually be fun.

Higher Zombie Count - Most people on the server would already agree that the hordes we get in west point and central Muldraugh are pretty ridiculous in size, increasing the count of those would just mean death for any newbie who ended up spawning near the center of one of the towns. Remember, this was a pretty small community before the outbreak, it isn't impossible for zombies from other towns to come over, but I doubt they would just flock to random towns unless the survivors set off a bunch of explosives.

High heat, low rain - Have you been on this server long? It's already nearly impossible to find water after the first two in-game days of the server resets, but now you want to make it so that rain is something that barely shows up? Are you mad!?

Bedford Falls - That map is a bit buggy and it requires you to replace the Muldraugh spawns. Not really an idea I hate, but it may make Muldraugh to much of a hassle to visit.

People holding onto items - Well, just because the server resets it doesn't mean that all of the RP stories going on before that reset as well, and I think people who have the forethought to keep building material on them before a reset should be rewarded for thinking ahead.

Uniform zombies isn't about "realism," it spreads out the zombies so you prevent death hordes from camping on a town. If you have zombies with a single strong sense they will start to congregate on where the players actually are and not based on an imaginary population that never existed. This also addresses your high zombie count issue. Also there are no hordes anymore, i can run up and down the towns screaming and not care about getting killed because it is just empty.

There is still so much water I can get by without a rain barrel. Dehydration and starvation are the only things that will force people to start grouping up once the zombies are mostly dead and the server is not being reset. And since farming doesn't work, and zombies are not a threat...

Zombie apocalypse is supposed to make surviving a hassle.

Keeping building material isn't much of a problem compared to ammo and gun hoarding.

Gameplay issues are causing people to want to role play elsewhere. Half the people I ran with before the server ip address was removed from this thread are gone. Its quickly becoming a glorified chat room.