Jump to content

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError


jackcabu

Recommended Posts

It seems to be a display related issue, I do not see any out of memory error in the log that you may be referring to. Are you sure you sent the correct log?

As for the error you sent, can you make sure to download and install the latest drivers for your graphics card?
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/88190/intel-core-i56300u-processor-3m-cache-up-to-3-00-ghz/downloads.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2023 at 1:41 PM, Beard said:

It seems to be a display related issue, I do not see any out of memory error in the log that you may be referring to. Are you sure you sent the correct log?

As for the error you sent, can you make sure to download and install the latest drivers for your graphics card?
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/88190/intel-core-i56300u-processor-3m-cache-up-to-3-00-ghz/downloads.html

How do I send the right log, where is it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Beard said:

Yeah, there is no out of memory error in the file, unless you can point me to it?
There is only the graphical issue that I mentioned, did you update your drivers?

yes I updated my driver, but the game keeps crashing when I enter character creation

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2023 at 10:58 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

That's not an out of memory error. It's a crash involving loading a model.


Try updating your drivers here. The first one in the list is for Windows 10.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/88190/intel-core-i56300u-processor-3m-cache-up-to-3-00-ghz/downloads.html

I already installed the drivers but it still doesn't work, the game keeps crashing when creating a character

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could you try resetting your Intel graphics drivers to their defaults in that case?

Right-click on your desktop and select Graphics Properties.
Click 3D.
Click Restore Defaults.

If that does not help, do you have any graphical tweak applications running in the background perhaps?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Beard said:

Could you try resetting your Intel graphics drivers to their defaults in that case?

Right-click on your desktop and select Graphics Properties.
Click 3D.
Click Restore Defaults.

If that does not help, do you have any graphical tweak applications running in the background perhaps?

I tried to do this but for me this option doesn't exist, I looked for tutorials to solve it and the graphics option appears but this option hasn't appeared yet. I didn't download any graphics adjustments, I don't even know what that would be, one of the only things I downloaded after formatting my computer were some drivers and java

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does the option not exist in your Intel control panel at all? Depending on your Control Panel version, it can be in different locations. In the latest one it should be in the Preferences tab. Alternatively it would be in the 3D Settings tab.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Try checking the last "Preferences" tab and see if there is anything resembling a button to reset to the default values.
If there is not, I am not exactly sure what the issue might be, do you have the latest updates for your Windows 10? You do not need Windows 11, it should work perfectly fine on 10. But make sure to do all your updates and optional updates in your Windows Update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2023 at 6:57 PM, Beard said:

Try checking the last "Preferences" tab and see if there is anything resembling a button to reset to the default values.
If there is not, I am not exactly sure what the issue might be, do you have the latest updates for your Windows 10? You do not need Windows 11, it should work perfectly fine on 10. But make sure to do all your updates and optional updates in your Windows Update.

I did everything you said and it didn't work, today I downloaded Zomboid from a pirated site and without me doing anything the game worked. Doesn't the latest version of Steam have any problems?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It does not, you are honestly the only person I have seen with this specific combination of errors. Though the fact that the pirated version works gives us a clue, since it means there is some sort of problem with your Steam installation most likely.

Could you try simply reinstalling your Steam? Or you can first make sure to check if it has all of its updates installed.

Alternatively, try using the "Alternate Launch" option when starting the game through Steam and see if that works better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...