Not a great start... / Looking for RP

Strider

So I've had three experiences with multiplayer

1. Logged onto a server, server was empty, everything was looted and all the zombies were dead. Logged off, deleted the save

2. Logged onto a server, everything was looted, walked to the warehouse whereupon I was immediately shot and killed. Hold on, will just check I'm not playing DayZ. No DayZ, check!

3. Played it with my nephew. Stopped playing after one sitting. Was never continued.

All in all, judging from my experiences of MP it's not been an improvement at all. I'm looking for a long-play RP server. I won't be unhappy if PvP is turned off. 

I like the idea of being assigned a role be that forager, farmer or base building. 

Thanks for reading. Here is hoping that such a server exists else I'll have to wait for NPC's to get my TWD simulator.

You'll have to find a decent RP server then, most games with multiplayer end up like this. Which is why i dislike DayZ so much.

But hey, there'll be assholes in multiplayer. Get lucky and you'll find some decent people.

Yeah. It's not what I expected. I thought that PZ would have pocketed communities where RP/Whitelists/longplay's went on but alas no, straight to PvP.

It's amazing how many people have bought PZ just because it has Z's in it. I don't think they'd know a LP if it slapped them in the face.

At the moment, I'm holding out hope for SP and NPC's. I think they're the way forward. I think the game will be more fun looking after the NPC's, getting them to/or helping to farm, construct, guard, forage, hunt and then managing the social dynamics of the group sound like a lot of fun.

You'll have to find a decent RP server then, most games with multiplayer end up like this. Which is why i dislike DayZ so much.

But hey, there'll be assholes in multiplayer. Get lucky and you'll find some decent people.

Yeah. It's not what I expected. I thought that PZ would have pocketed communities where RP/Whitelists/longplay's went on but alas no, straight to PvP.

It's amazing how many people have bought PZ just because it has Z's in it. I don't think they'd know a LP if it slapped them in the face.

At the moment, I'm holding out hope for SP and NPC's. I think they're the way forward. I think the game will be more fun looking after the NPC's, getting them to/or helping to farm, construct, guard, forage, hunt and then managing the social dynamics of the group sound like a lot of fun.

Well, there are children who somehow find this game 'cool'. So they whine to their parents to buy it, but since parents these days are dumb as hell and don't give a damn if a game's violent or not, they buy it anyway. Which is why CoD is filled with children with squeaky voices who rage when their own killstreak is broken, and since kids don't even know what a zombie game is all about.

They just think "ohai, multiplayer!, ima go kill me sum nubs!" as they swear into the chat and insult you with puny insults. But hey, welcome the the Millenium generation!, and i'm going to admit something, i'm technically born somewhere in the late 90's and i hate being born with this generation of teenagers..

I won't say that it'll be impossible, since I've had plenty of surprises in my years of gaming, but your best bet is going to be to find a group of dedicated players that have the same mindset as you.

If you have a group of friends from another game, such as World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, whatever it may be, it might be a good idea to toss the idea around with them to see if they might be interested in starting up a server with you.  If not, tolling around these forums and popping in to chat with people or checking out Project Zomboid's community on Steam might get you somewhere as well.

Just keep yourself in the public spotlight and be sure to jump on opportunities to play as they arise.  Don't let a few random server experiences ruin your fun, it's just a matter of time until you find what you're looking for.

I won't say that it'll be impossible, since I've had plenty of surprises in my years of gaming, but your best bet is going to be to find a group of dedicated players that have the same mindset as you.

If you have a group of friends from another game, such as World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, whatever it may be, it might be a good idea to toss the idea around with them to see if they might be interested in starting up a server with you.  If not, tolling around these forums and popping in to chat with people or checking out Project Zomboid's community on Steam might get you somewhere as well.

Just keep yourself in the public spotlight and be sure to jump on opportunities to play as they arise.  Don't let a few random server experiences ruin your fun, it's just a matter of time until you find what you're looking for.

I'll certainly try to keep an open mind to MP sir. Thanks

If your still looking for a good group of people to play with, hit me up on steam [XI] Firebrand.

That's very kind Firebrand but I think my nephew is going to start playing again. I suppose we could join your server or the other way around. Assuming that is you play a kind of roleplay and don't pvp.

I'll add you on steam anyway

Archived