Newtown (WIP)

RingoD123

Hey guys, as some of you may know, the first community map mod, Bedford Falls ( http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/6672-bedford-falls-test-v1/ ) is in its first test phase, once I have enough reported bugs and a few more buildings have been finished I will be tidying it up, meshing it up properly with Muldraugh and West Point and releasing it as a final version.

In the meantime I have started planning the next town (city really), which at the moment has the brilliantly original name of "Newtown" because:

A) Its new

and

B) it has a very large city area made up of typical American "blocks" that reminds me of New York.

:-D

Its 10x10 cells big, making it 4x the size of Bedford Falls, were looking at 4 full cells of very dense city centre, 12 full cells of less dense city centre around it, 12-14 full industrial cells, about 24 full residential cells and a good 6-8 cells worth of farms, the rest will be made up with wilderness around the outskirts of the map.

Obviously this map mod is going to take some considerable time to complete compared to Bedford Falls, but I wanted to get the basic plan out there now so all you lovely building makers have some ideas of buildings that i'll need. Im going to measure the smallest city blocks and the largest city blocks and then let you guys know these dimensions so you can make your "city centre" buildings accordingly.

Specifically, I would love buildings that occupy an entire block, but with each face (North, East, West and South) possibly belonging to a separate store/office. So, for example, you might have a 5 story city building where the south facing side is a store that is restricted to the first 2 floors, the west side is also a store, but is only on the ground floor, the east and north facing sides are both offices that reach all the way to the top floor, but do not join up inside (unless someones takes a sledgehammer to the walls :-D ).

Any/all other buildings are still welcome, but the above style buildings will help the city centre look a lot more like a city centre. Also, another "type" of building we don't have that many of at the moment are regular houses/stores that face West or North, so they would also be good to concentrate on.

Anyway, heres the first 2 pics so you guys can get a good idea of the layout, notice I even have an area for a "central park" :-D

post-66-0-53196400-1394738424_thumb.jpg post-66-0-23031700-1394738440_thumb.jpg 

<3

Give me the values ​​of the land and I'll make you one, or maybe several. ;)

Skype me.

Were looking at 40x23 tiles for the smallest "block" and 63x39 tiles for the largest "block", so buildings of these sizes and anything in between would be great. But if anyone wants to make larger buildings, thats fine also as the city area just outside the centre has larger "blocks" which range from 70x58 tiles to 103x112 and values inbetween.

If anyone who wants to make a "city centre" building wants to know the exact values of a certain block to make sure your building will fit then just give me a holla, but generally speaking, at least for now, any city buildings made to these sizes or inbetween will fit somewhere in the city.

This will be amazing to play on multiplayer or single player with npc, imagine setting on insane(lots and lots of zombies)hopefully the city will only have hordes of zombies and it will reduce the further you get away from the city.The developers need to include cars before this gets it's first release....

• 2 weeks later...

Once I release Dreadwood I'd love to take a more active role in this. I think of Zomboid every time I go into Boston. If I could get the specific cell size for the Central Park I'd be really interested in doing that.

Here are some town names cupcake.

Northtown

Bradford

Redridge

Holsworthy

Newham

Braedon

Once I release Dreadwood I'd love to take a more active role in this. I think of Zomboid every time I go into Boston. If I could get the specific cell size for the Central Park I'd be really interested in doing that.

Northtown

Bradford

Redridge

Holsworthy

Newham

Braedon

*Pops out of ground*

Now those are some names i could use too... because GREAT ARTISTS STEAL!

*Steals all the names*

Northtown

Bradford

Redridge

Holsworthy

Newham

Braedon

*Pops out of ground*

Now those are some names i could use too... because GREAT ARTISTS STEAL!

*Steals all the names*

Seriously, if you need names, use this: http://www.seventhsanctum.com/

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...