screws + screwdriver = hammer + nails ?!

LuckerLuke

Have you tried screwing in screw by hand through a solid wood board or plywood for that matter? It is very very slow going and not very efficient. However, I do see what you mean. Perhaps a hand powered drill would need to be found and used in conjunction with a screw driver and screws to build stronger stuff. Because screwing in screws without a pilot hole drilled out SUCKS.

Maybe when generators are put into play, more powerful/ faster power tools can be put in as well... they'd make a lot more noise of course.

Good idea IMO :)

i worked as a construction worker for ~5 years, i know its more work to screw than to nail, but u need less scews to make a stable construction as u would with nails, so it CAN be even faster.

E:  if someone is trained, screwing(even just with a driver) is way easier and faster than untrained, u could make them usable, but require +1 carp for all reciepes.

not a sole screw against a sole nail, but in effect, yes.

E:  f.e. if u had to attach a board(against a force) to something, u would only need a few screws, but lots of nails. Anyway, i would just disregard the difference in time and stability and make it exact the same, so its not overly complex.