PZ with Dynamic Shadows

DragonJockey

Wow. Just awesome. I would think this kind of thing would be possible after the 3D things are in (plus lighting overhaul is planned), but it would be farely far in the future as not all of the items in game will have 3D properties even then.

I am very pleased that 3d is planned for far future as i have seen in some games rushing 3d won't end up well. (Stronghold 2 is the best example)

-mod that moved op to suggestion thread, thanks for interest but it wasn't actually a suggestion. even though i asked devs to do it.

Not possible until we go to a 3D engine for rendering objects, and even then we'd likely only be able to do walls, floors and characters. Also since the optimizations the priority of the 3D engine has dropped a little. I wouldn't expect this for a long while but it is on our roadmap.

I agree shadows look sexy :)

im not a programmer or anything, but since there is a set day night cycle and you can only view the world from one angle, shouldnt it be possible to just create like a shadow scheme for every object in the game that just runs through the shadow "cycle" once per day, without having to actually do any ray tracing or resource-intensive shadow calculations that would require a 3d engine?

iZnPvyX.jpg

Look how awesome it seems. Devs, do it, please?  :(

Btw I found this on reddit, it's not my work. All credits to reddit user BradBuryMan.

This is incredibly awesome. Devs, what has been seen cannot be unseen, please give us amazing shadows with the 3D build.

Also, that's a nice fortress you've built on the roof.

Devs, what has been seen cannot be unseen, please give us amazing shadows with the 3D build.

Not possible until we go to a 3D engine for rendering objects, and even then we'd likely only be able to do walls, floors and characters.

Devs, what has been seen cannot be unseen, please give us amazing shadows with the 3D build.

Not possible until we go to a 3D engine for rendering objects, and even then we'd likely only be able to do walls, floors and characters.

Wasn't implying that the shadows have to be blown out of proportion Fourth-of-July-firework-show-21-gun-salute incredible, just that any type of dynamic shadow, even if they are just for wall, floors and characters, would be great.