Weapon you wanted added to the game the most

GoldenBullet

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i also agree on ordinary, average Joe kinda stuff. Stuff people have in their houses / garage...

barstools and chairs, table legs, branches and sticks.

then of course hatchets, forks, brooms, garden shovels, snow shovels...(if playing in different climate maps)

bows / crossbows..why not.. if playing in a more rural map / setting.

what I would love even more than more weapons is stuff to actually lure / distract the zombies. like firecrackers, alarm clocks,

toys or rc-cars. especially when youplay mor of a sneaking- out of the way character it would be cool to be able to lure hordes away from the place you actually want to sneak into.

Steel bar, or rebar.

Cricket bat from shawn of the dead.

Pickaxe handle. Head optional.

Chair leg.

Table leg.

Sign post.

Metal.gauntlet.

Wooden mallet.

Rubber mallet.

Drain pipe.

Monkey wrench.

Large spanner.

Chainsaw.

Metal baseball.bat.

Baton.

Circular saw.

Cordless drill.

IED's.

Traps.

Flame thrower.

The ability to kick.. So i can kick zombies out of windows or down stairs knocking zombies over like pins.

Or.kick them off roofs etc. Hahahaha.

Even grab and throw them would be cool.

love the metal baseball bat idea. from my (somewhat limited) experience from trips to the US, metal bats are far more common than actual wooden bats. (highschool and college baseball, softball....) all use metal bats.

should be a dramatic improvement (faster swing, less tiring, but not upgradeable or repairable)

One thing i least want in this game is a one weapon being an improved version of another. I mean, i dont want a better gun, if it will be better than pistol with all aspects. Firstly it encourages meaningless pvp in my opinion. Secondly it removes diversity among combat styles. I want a weapon to be better at one aspect, and worse at another (excluding butter knives, planks etc.) 

I find hunting rifle and semi auto assault rifle at the top of my list. They're rather common for people to own. Additionally, bows and crossbows both with arrows and bolts respectively. Additional knives would be nice as well, combat or butchers knives and machetes. More unique weapons would be things like bowling balls, dumbbells, appliances and furniture. I'd like some type of fire producing weapon, not a flamethrower, but perhaps being able to use a gas can and gasoline to create a protective wall of fire or commit suicide in a burning house. Lastly, things we could throw. Large rocks, books, hatchets, knives, etc. There are a lot of everyday items you could use against zombies.

water pistols filled with zombie blood/bleach, more range than a melee weapon, is silent, but only has an effect against other players/NPC's :-D

lol. if 'silence' is a wet farting squeek and the sound of you giggling then yes indeed. Boy would I love to survive with you, what would your tactic be for fighting a bear?

A lot of people are forgetting where this game is located in the world, Kentucky... most if not all the people there have either a loaded gun cabinet full of shotguns, pistols, hunting rifles, and a lot of the time one AK/AR-15; A lot of people outside of Louisville LOVE to hunt and shoot, one of the few pasttimes they have out there.

Second thing people seem to take a bit too literally are the katanas, or swords... I posted that novelty katanas should be added, because a LOT of the same people will also collect store-bought swords and such, which are NOT real swords, but can be used very briefly as a weapon. It has nothing to do with what the average person can do WITH the weapon, but rather the fact that anyone during a zombie outbreak would most likely choose to use a novelty sword, at least for a short time before finding something better or it breaks at the hilt.

Now I understand that as it stands, PZ should NOT add more guns until something formulates as an aiming system, but the addition of something like a hunting rifle and an automatic would really help with something I found kind of a problem; Weapons don't get used often and when you do, you would usually have PLENTY of rounds to deal with what you need to. To adjust this super influx of ammo, either more weapons with different ammo types should be added to vary up the kind of ammo and weapons you will find, or reduce the overall ammo count found on a map. Now that last one can be adjusted via sandbox settings, but it doesn't quite explictly do such, so you could still end up with more ammo than needed.

As for the more silly "Water-gun" weapons, why not really make something interesting like adding in a water rifle, like a super-soaker, and creating a recipe, Gas Can + Water Gun + Lighter + Duct Tape, to make an improvised flame-thrower. That would be interesting to see, not to mention dangerous for anyone to use lol.

-snip-

As for the more silly "Water-gun" weapons, why not really make something interesting like adding in a water rifle, like a super-soaker, and creating a recipe, Gas Can + Water Gun + Lighter + Duct Tape, to make an improvised flame-thrower. That would be interesting to see, not to mention dangerous for anyone to use lol.

I still remember reading something on the Internet about this back in highschool, on a website where peopel made their own flamethrowers/self-pressurising-water-gun-with-a-backpack-reservoir (*cough*).

Take your average water gun. Fill it. Use it. Now exactly how much water got all over you and your hands in the process? Most of the waterproof seals in water guns are made of synthetic rubbers that don't take kindly to flammable organic solvents such as alcohol and petrol. No think very carefully about what would happen when you fill a watergun with petrol, with an ignition source taped near the nozzle. Think very, very carefully.

-Perfect- antisuggestion to add into the game though, that's for sure :D

-snip-

I still remember reading something on the Internet about this back in highschool, on a website where peopel made their own flamethrowers/self-pressurising-water-gun-with-a-backpack-reservoir (*cough*).

Take your average water gun. Fill it. Use it. Now exactly how much water got all over you and your hands in the process? Most of the waterproof seals in water guns are made of synthetic rubbers that don't take kindly to flammable organic solvents such as alcohol and petrol. No think very carefully about what would happen when you fill a watergun with petrol, with an ignition source taped near the nozzle. Think very, very carefully.

-Perfect- antisuggestion to add into the game though, that's for sure :D

Hey, they let us drink bleach to die stupidly. Why not let us die a horrible flamey-explosion death, too?

I'd like to use a lever action rifle and revolvers and silencers for SMG's and pistols ;)

and since this is not the chuck norris kind of game I'd also like to see gun mechanics more "realistic" in a sense that guns must be maintained. You can't just shoot thousands of rounds and never clean your gun - at least if you want the gun in a reliable condition, so you would require time, oil and fabric to clean it. Weapons are also more difficult to handle during rain especially if it jams and you've got to deconstruct and reassemble it. this could be another skill - gun maintenance - and you don't know how to fix a gun unless you're trained like a police officer or security guy or read a book.

On top of that the weight of ammo should be more realistic. ammo is heavy and I mean heavy! Back in the day 1k 7.62mm rounds weigh more than one man could carry alone. rifles are unwieldy too. Carrying 15kg on your back and that stupidly heavy rifle at around 5kg was no fun at all. It shouldn't behave like it is in game... nowadays they use playmobil rifles so i'm not sure how heavy or light those are ;)

I'd like to see machine guns, too :)

at roughly 13kg per unit those things are not fun to carry either and a defensive weapon, as in stationary, and must be mounted, or at least lay down and dig your legs into the ground.

it would be a hell of an effort to gather the ammo and the MG and bring it back to your base, losing a week or so in the process, but it would be worth the fun to mow down a couple zomboids :D imo

continuous shooting should overheat the barrel so that you either have to change the barrel or wait or active cooling.

Also I could see how some rich weapons collector has some nice swords and stuff laying around in their house - probably alarm secured.

How about cars and a not so flat map... loosen the hand break maybe set it on fire and a gentle push should take care of some of them. and if not just be happy about the destruction once it hits another car or the glass front of a super market with all the shattering and sirens going off.

i'd like to see more fire in general. like burning houses and things like that.