Weapon you wanted added to the game the most

GoldenBullet

Interested to see what everyone's most desired weapon to be added to PZ is. I'm pretty sure they will eventually add more so this thread can serve as a good resource of what people like and are looking for. List what weapon you want to be added the most and why you think it would be useful or fun.

Mine is the Wakizashi which is a shorter version of it's cousin the Daito and a member of the Katana family.A wakizashi has the legendary cutting power of a katana, is light, and can be wielding in close quarters unlike the longer version.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh lord, no more sword discussions... :P I still doubt the average Joe could effectively wield a long blade.

Well, I certainly don't want to see too many new firearms, if any. I'd like to see a crossbow, because I love the things, but I'm not sure how effective they'd be in real life.

well they could puncture plate mail at a fair distance so a should be simple enough to down a shambler with one (providing you can hit the head) the reload would also be a bit long depending on the model (we talking daryls crossbow from the walking dead or something with more draw strength) other then that I'd also like to see crossbows in the game as well as a maul

Offcourse i want the "lobotomizer" from the WWZ book. For whoever doesn't remember it's the "Standard Infantry Entrenchment Tool" and it is a combination of a shovel and a double bladed battle axe. What would be the features of the lobotomizer you may ask. Well...

1. Totally badass name, offcourse i want to wield the lobotomizer around.

2. A must have reference to Max Brooks and his awesome books.

3. A really usefull tool with great probability to one-shot your enemy and to use around raising your fort (if the devs make a shovel a requirement to raze walls and other entrenchmenting processes), farming (again if they let you farm just using a shovel), etc.

4. It will need a lot of sharpening (if sharpening is included) if you use it as a shovel and then you want it to be effective at killing.

5. Having the famous shovel handle you are able to pull it easily from your enemy's thick skull bone with zero probability of it getting stuck (if they include a recent great suggestion that bladed weapons should have a small probability of getting stuck in your enemy's skull).

6. Offcourse it isn't easy to make one in game. There should be two versions. The simple version where you just get a shovel and cut it a little to make it really pointy and you sharpen it (light, lower durability). And the badass version where you also need welding to make it full metal (heavy, awesome durability).

wwz_info__the_lobotomizer_a_k_a__the_lob

Well, i imagine it much more pointy to be able to thrust it into their skulls and with a shovel handle to be able to pull it easily from their skulls, i think it would be much more effective that way. But you can imagine it as a battle axe, like above, too i guess.

Don't know why, but I really like using non-conventional items as weapons. not even crafted weapons, but things you find around the house/outside.

For that reason I think I'd go with stuff like wrenches, branches, etc.

Offcourse i want the "lobotomizer" from the WWZ book. For whoever doesn't remember it's the "Standard Infantry Entrenchment Tool" and it is a combination of a shovel and a double bladed battle axe. What would be the features of the lobotomizer you may ask. Well...

1. Totally badass name, offcourse i want to wield the lobotomizer around.

2. A must have reference to Max Brooks and his awesome books.

3. A really usefull tool with great probability to one-shot your enemy and to use around raising your fort (if the devs make a shovel a requirement to raze walls and other entrenchmenting processes), farming (again if they let you farm just using a shovel), etc.

4. It will need a lot of sharpening (if sharpening is included) if you use it as a shovel and then you want it to be effective at killing.

5. Having the famous shovel handle you are able to pull it easily from your enemy's thick skull bone with zero probability of it getting stuck (if they include a recent great suggestion that bladed weapons should have a small probability of getting stuck in your enemy's skull).

6. Offcourse it isn't easy to make one in game. There should be two versions. The simple version where you just get a shovel and cut it a little to make it really pointy and you sharpen it (light, lower durability). And the badass version where you also need welding to make it full metal (heavy, awesome durability).

wwz_info__the_lobotomizer_a_k_a__the_lob

Well, i imagine it much more pointy to be able to thrust it into their skulls and with a shovel handle to be able to pull it easily from their skulls, i think it would be much more effective that way. But you can imagine it as a battle axe, like above, too i guess.

+1000000 for lobo

I think there could be a lot added, but my preferred would be novelty katanas, hockey sticks, sickles, spears/improvised spear recipe with pool cue, TMP/Uzi/Vector submachine gun, and last but not least, nail guns. I was contemplating some what of a joke weapon for super CQB, like a stapler, but the others I like here already would be a machete, bows and crossbows, and combat knives.

I know someone was talking about no more added guns, but I think one other alternate, an SMG to be exact, would be welcomed, especially during buildings you get trapped in, but I can see anything more powerful than that, ie rifles and explosives, could be vastly overpowered, but I wouldn't be opposed to it if, perchance, NPC army soldiers roam later on in future builds, "clearing the area" for resurgence to cities and setting up hostile bases around the map. It's all up to how they decide to use NPCs in the future for both story purposes as well as combat.

I think variation on weapons and calibers would be much more realistic and make the game harder. you can get the same gun chambered for several calibers and ingame that would make scavenging more difficult.

other weapons i think would be cool:

rebar

stone chisel

pickaxe

full glass bottle (liquid or sand)

a brick

the stock of a shotgun or rifle

a rock

compound bow

brass knuckles

also the ability to sharpen pieces of wood and metal tent pegs would be cool too

I would like a M14 rifle. I like semi-auto rifles and i miss them in PZ. Plus it's one of the most effective zombie killers.

There won't be 'named' weapons of sorts. I was kinda hoping they'd avoid adding these in, at least in excess, because I can imagine the chaos unfolding in things such as multiplayer. It'd encourage run and gun behaviour. 

I'd like to see a hunting rifle, since they're quite common as a civilian weapon. Also revolver. Just kidding. Or maybe not. Revolver plz? 

14732.jpg

I want to see common tools used as weapons instead of machetes, swords and other fancy weapons. This tools maybe. We already have fire axe and shovel, pickaxe and hook? (idk its name) might be added. These thing commonly found in institutions, schools etc.

I really wanna see extinguisher too, so we can deal with fire, or simpler, just let us fill buckets with dirt or water to extinguish fire.

Hatchets, survival knives, hunting rifles and bows/crossbows all top my list. Nothing outlandish or overpowered, just different in terms of use and durability.

That said, I'd love to see one of the long metal poles/prybars pop up in game. True, it'd be awkward as hell to use, but it's damn near a solid chunk of metal. Add in the ability to cut one into several pieces, find a way to bend and flatten the tips, bam. Even more crowbars for you to play with.

Hell, adding in the ability for a crowbar to be used to pry open windows, doors and crates, and I'd be a happy chappy. More tools that can be used as tools, and double as awesome weapons basically. Like a steel mallet.

Depending on how popular the sport is in the Kentucky area, you might even be able to get away with adding cricketbats...

Hunting rifle, bows and crossbows and other common and average (or craft able) mêlée weapons but still keep it simple because where is an average Joe going to find a katana and other fancy weaponry.  I don't particularly want high tech military weapons because it will increase pvp problems on multiplayer but I guess that they will come when military presence is added. 

I'd definitly like to see an archer shop in a new town some day. We would loot arrows, bows and crossbows. Maybe a blacksmith too, with some swords. That could be really fun, but no more M16, M200, DMR and co. First because the gun mechanics don't provide a way to use it efficiently for now, it wouldn't be fun at all. And the fact that there is no M16 or any überpowerful weapon is an asset to this game, with a classical arsenal the game just wouldn't be the same. (Even with a baseball bat and with an insane number of zombies in sandbox, it's still not really difficult to survive, so imagine with a 200ammos/reloading military rifle how boring would it be...)

That's why it would be better for any military weapons to be in mods, so people would have a choice to play with or without it. At least in my opinion.