Dual wielding pistols

Rikashey

There is no benefit to dual wielding a range weapon, literally 0 benefits. Practitioners of the dual pistol art try to say that it allows you to fire at multiple targets simultaneously but all that does is divide your attention and will get you killed. You will see no self-respecting combatant ever trying to dual wield a range weapon.

Lets just skip all this and add a mini gatling gun.

NOT!!!!

I say no too.

It would be lile.watch a resident evil game.

Or watching a little lara croft character.

To dual wield anything takes a hell of a lot of skill. Because we normally grow up focusing on a left or right. Its very rare to have skills in both unless its a natural skill. My brother can write in both his left and right hands but not at the same time.

Now firing two pistols takes skill. But even then individually aiming down each site in turn. Like.if your firing them in two different directions in turn. Tried it once with 45's hard.

I use nunchucks and to dual wield i had to train with my off hand first because my brain could not focus in doing 2 seperate movements unless they are in rythm.

Trying to strike.forward with the left while reverse gripping the right is very very hard. But doing them in turn is easier.

So i say NO as we are not super heroes.

I think it'd be great to implement this precisely because it'd be a bad idea from a survival perspective.

A game should havefer as many options as possible and I don't think every option should be a good one - that everything should work is the kind of 'everyone wins/every way viable' handholding that happens so often in games today. So yeah, give peeps the option and let them suffer the repercussions.

The accuracy decrease, the difficulty of reloading, fatigue penalty, etc would all punish the one doing it, but a smart player who goes in thinking it'd be a good idea would learn from doing it (or learn when or where it might, at all, be a viable strategy). A bad player who just isn't paying attention to the negatives or situations might keep trying to hit the square peg through the circle hole but, especially in multiplayer, they'd make very useful decoys - yes?

Sometimes, though, in cases where it's time to go out in a blaze of glory, it might be still be handy. Zombies are overrunning and there's nothing else to do but take up two shotguns and blast everything until you're fatigued and spent. Combined with a hotkey to toss your equipped weapons and draw sheathed weapons (like a practical sidearm, used two-handed like a rational person) to mop up, it might be a great way to sweep a clogged road far, far away from your safehouse. Or maybe to pre-empt an oncoming gang of raiders so that others could survive.

Or maybe even to attract every stiff in a mile to one spot, while you sneak away - well, *if* you can sneak away.

I'll have to say no to this one. 

If they do add it in, it needs to cause damage to your characters arms everytime you shoot, and affect your hearing. Also the accuracy needs to be dropped to 10% or less.

Hahaha no.

Also I like what Smiley said about this game having options/features added even if they are bad.

You wanna be an idiot dual wielding well enjoy the extra noise, the incredibly low accuracy, and god forbid you need to reload in a hurry. The newer versions of this game aren't as brutal as the old. Where you made silly mistakes a lot of us are aware of not making, like not being loud in the house or leaving the oven on.

Dual wielding pistols is actually much, much slower than just firing one pistol to empty, dropping it, and moving to the next. If you're firing both pistols at the same target, it's simply a waste of time and ammunition and the recoil is going to be out of control. If trying to fire at two targets, you're going to either have to take your time to aim or not hit anything. Anything. Even professionals who try to dual wield pistols just end up looking silly most of the time- and they freely acknowledge it's worthless. It's hard to hit targets with a pistol even if you're a trained professional. A regular person trying to do it with two is laughably stupid, and you'd be better off using a single bullet on yourself and leaving your ammo and weapons intact for the next survivor who comes along, who might have some common sense and survival instinct.

you could hold one regular and the second one sideways with the sights above the slide of the first gun, it would at least look cool xD

* i think the only way dual weilding would be effective is if you were facing human targets and had a submachine gun in each hand, just spray a ton of bullets in their direction without worrying about pinpoint accuracy

I am in love with that thing.

It's still faster just to have a belt or strap with them on it and do it by hand, and you're still only going to hurt yourself using two pistols at once.

* i think the only way dual weilding would be effective is if you were facing human targets and had a submachine gun in each hand, just spray a ton of bullets in their direction without worrying about pinpoint accuracy

In a practical sense, anything that results in substantially lowering your accuracy isn't worth it at all. You're still better off in any plausible situation firing down the sights of a single SMG. Always. If you have to have two identical guns on your person, drop the first when it's empty and pick-up the second to shave a few seconds from your first reload. Dual wielding is a myth propagated by Hollywood and the video game industry. The only intelligent method of dual wielding is pistol/knife or pistol/flashlight and even that lowers your proficiency with the weapon by a significant margin.

You can dual wield pistols, and as for accuracy and range, the game is isometric so the firefights are going to be stupidly short ranged anyhow (like 10-30 meters).

You are not going to hit a zombie in the head from 50 meters with a single pistol, so having dual pistols just means more rounds to fire close up to headshot them.

Dual wielding pistols suffers badly based on the size of the gun and ammunition though.
The recoil on 10mm and .40 calibers are high so the best you can do is use smaller rounds like 9mm guns at most in a dual wield situation. Maybe a .22 caliber pistol?

In regards to the .22 caliber rounds for these guns, they are much more common than the 9mm rounds and basically should have plentiful ammo in a sense in a rural area. These rounds are also used in hunting and the same rounds are used in rifles too.

.22 LR rounds are pretty much recoiless on a rifle, so the dual wield is very likely with the same caliber on pistols.

So a dual wield .22 pistol video:

Very very low recoil, very rapid firing.

You would think that dual wield would be useless in any situation in a zombie apocalypse, but I see it as a handy way to take out a line of zombies close up while moving backwards, going for a small area of their head to aim mainly at. The reality is that you don't have to alternate fire between guns at all, you could fire and empty one gun then switch to another without having to scramble for it in a backpack.

So the best use of dual wielding pistols, is for the better ammo capacity when in a situation where you need to take out many zombies at once at close range.

You can dual wield pistols, and as for accuracy and range, the game is isometric so the firefights are going to be stupidly short ranged anyhow (like 10-30 meters).

Still a bad idea. It gives no benefits over firing one at a time.

In regards to the .22 caliber rounds for these guns, they are much more common than the 9mm rounds and basically should have plentiful ammo in a sense in a rural area. These rounds are also used in hunting and the same rounds are used in rifles too.

Not sure where you live, but in the U.S. there's actually a huge shortage of .22 and .22 lr right now. You'd be hard pressed to find a single round in stores after the zombie apocalypse. You can't even find them in stores on a good day right now half the time.

You would think that dual wield would be useless in any situation in a zombie apocalypse, but I see it as a handy way to take out a line of zombies close up while moving backwards, going for a small area of their head to aim mainly at. The reality is that you don't have to alternate fire between guns at all, you could fire and empty one gun then switch to another without having to scramble for it in a backpack.

So the best use of dual wielding pistols, is for the better ammo capacity when in a situation where you need to take out many zombies at once at close range.

The reality is, the only way to do it that's beneficial is, as I've said, having one holstered to swap to rather than spend the time reloading. Everything else, no matter what YouTube and Call of Duty teaches us, is a gimmick.

another penalty should be you have to shoot your gun sideways like your one of those gangsters, would be hilarious

in multiplayer this would be kinda funny to see a newer survivor wasting bullets and attracting more attention,

i actually dont mind and see anything wrong, just have drawbacks. this just gives players more options and thats always good right albiet bad option, but thats what seperates a survivor from a dead one