Dual wielding pistols

Rikashey

*holds two pistols*

Lookit me, ma! I'm a badass!
*gets eaten*

In spite of what movies or those other, more action oriented, video games tell you, dual wielding anything is a really good way to die horribly. You're not able to look down the sights so your accuracy drops significantly. In a survival situation where every bullet counts, this is a huge no. Plus all the extra noise would just invite more zeds while you're still shooting at and missing the one right in front of you.

he also wants to wield dual shotguns................

love to know how he plans to reload

in the remake of Turok you were able to dual wield shotguns...i still ask myself how he managed to reload

even normal guns are going to be a pain to handle, once they both are empty.

and like kajin said, we are talking about a scenario where headshots are your only chance. and dual wielding is your personal express lane to death in this case

please no.

Please . . .

What he said above me.

Although, with such a great accuracy penalty . . . that could be punishment enough.

What's wrong with dual pistols? An accuracy penalty would be fine.

*holds two pistols*

Lookit me, ma! I'm a badass!

*gets eaten*

In spite of what movies or those other, more action oriented, video games tell you, dual wielding anything is a really good way to die horribly. You're not able to look down the sights so your accuracy drops significantly. In a survival situation where every bullet counts, this is a huge no. Plus all the extra noise would just invite more zeds while you're still shooting at and missing the one right in front of you.

If I were to go on a supply run and wanted to carry light then I'd brings my pistols. If I got chased down by a giga horde then dual wielding pistols would help tremendously. Especially if I were to get trapped in a room with no way out. As soon as the horde breaks down the door I go into last stand mode.

he also wants to wield dual shotguns................

love to know how he plans to reload

You don't.

If I got chased down by a giga horde then dual wielding pistols would help tremendously.

It'd help you to miss the vital, much needed head shot if that's what you mean. Lots of torso hits, shoulder hits and neck hits if you were really lucky. But much needed head shots? No. Because you're not aiming, you're spraying and praying. You're relying on the false deity of statistical averages that says if you throw enough bullets at it you'll eventually score a hit to the head and drop a zed.

Project Zomboid isn't an action packed thriller. It's not a summer blockbuster movie with golden gods playing lead roles and receiving top billing. It's a survival experience that aims to being as close to realistic as possible. And no average guy is gonna be able to dual wield anything and consistently, reliably hit a zombie in the head which is the only kind of shot that matters. You'd be better off just using one pistol at a time and aiming properly because you'd take out more zeds at a faster pace without being such a huge waste of ammo.

Well i hate this idea but seriously I have like 8 pistols in my storage and nothing to do with them....

Guns need a decent grade of maintenance, maybe there are plans for guns to get worn or get damaged...at this point, having 8 of them could get handy  ;-)

The shotgun in the game seems to be a pump-action and would not be viable to fire without a hand actually pumping it. So it can't be dual-wielded.

Dual pistols are reasonable. It would just reload very slowly and be very inaccurate. It would only really work at point-blank range. But it is within human capability to carry a gun in each hand.

But hey, there is a video of a guy wielding 2 AK-47.

FPSRussia?, i can't even tell if he is even holding a real minigun or it's just fake. A man his size wouldn't even be able to hold a minigun in his hands... and before you say "He's russian, dummy.", he isn't. :<

All this time I had thought he was Californian . . .

Time to point fingers at you and start laughing. You lose. >:D

Why being russian would make you stronger? Also, no. It's some australian guy.

Nah, just made a joke since russians have incredible accents. And the fact that FPSAustralia doesn't have that rough accent makes me cringe.