Finding Katanas in Museums

PunishmentPanda

Can't we all just get along? :D

But then who would I ban?

. . . You.

Jesus, That scared me. I saw my title change to Sacrificially banned and was like "holy shit! did he really ban me? >_>"

In several years we'll laugh over this.

I sort of forgot the nice little smilie of "not serious." :(

• 1 month later...

"But the blow being strongly made, takes sometimes clean away the hand from the arm, has many times been seen(12). Again, a full blow upon the head or face with a short sharp sword, is most commonly death. A full blow upon the neck, shoulder, arm, or leg, endangers life, cuts off the veins, muscles, and sinews, perishes the bones: these wounds made by the blow, in respect of perfect healing, are the loss of limbs, or maims incurable forever."

"12 A blow cuts off the hand, the arm, the leg, and sometimes the head."

-George Silver, 1599

George Silver preferred the backsword, a sword without the heft to remove a limb for sure. As far as I can tell, he was mainly a "martial artist" more than a true fighter- to clarify, I don't think he ever saw much real combat, and while he was a brilliant duelist and I actually make the same case against rapiers and foils that he does (they're too dangerous to use to be worth it against other lightly armored foes), I think he may have been exaggerating a bit. He's right that it would be most commonly death, though. He's also correct that it would most frequently lead to the loss of limb- without any real way to repair severely damaged arteries in the 1500's, a wound like that meant amputation or death most of the time.

My friends, as has been said, real authentic genuine katanas are as rare as F1 mclaren cars. Like them, any person wanting to get one must be vouched for, investigated and certified before even being considered for a purchase. Also, like them, good luck finding one on an off-chance supplies run. You would have better chance finding a zombie debate team.

As for what's better...Well, nothing beats an epee but you will not get many hits with it before its done.

It definitely wasn't meant to be used against bone.

A katana considered the ultimate cause of its versatility, durability and agility.

In both cases however they are quite useless without specialized training (takes a long time)

Heavier weapons like axes or broadswords may be easier to use but leave you defenseless after attacks unless you have proper training (takes a long time)

Read Max Brooks "The Zombie survival guide" for a better insight into what could work or not.

For me, give me some sort of pitchfork every-day or a roman shield/gladius combo as used by riot cops today.

A full plated knight could be the ultimate weapon vs zombies! :P ( anyone remembers deadliest warrior pirate vs knight episode?) 

Arguing on why a katana cant cut through skull I think is pretty stupid when you could slice the zombies head off.  Also I don't see why a katana wouldn't be added a katana can be used as weapon.  Though I do want to see other things implemented into the game before a katana, but I don't really see why they should not be added into the game when they can be used as a weapon and you can level up your blade skill to make them more effective.  I mean we can already use pens, pencils, and butter knives as weapons why not a katana?

Because this is a realistic game about small town Kentucky. If you rea the post RIGHT above yours it spells it out quite clearly and concisely.

This is not a fantasy rpg or hack n slash game.

Because this is a realistic game about small town Kentucky. If you rea the post RIGHT above yours it spells it out quite clearly and concisely.

This is not a fantasy rpg or hack n slash game.

Yes project zomboid is a realistic game and it is realistic to implement katanas because there has to be at least a couple of people in Kentucky who own a katana. Katanas should be a very rare encounter but saying its unrealistic is false its actually more realistic because there is that chance you can find that uncommon weapon.

Sure, if you implement every single item on earth that's more common first.

But essentially, you're still wrong. The chances of someone out of the few thousand total population in this area owning a battle ready katana is nil.

Sure, if you implement every single item on earth that's more common first.

But essentially, you're still wrong. The chances of someone out of the few thousand total population in this area owning a battle ready katana is nil.

Well yeah it is true that they would be super uncommon so i guess it shouldn't be implemented, all well what I really want right nowis npc's that is going to make the game 5X better than it already is.