Finding Katanas in Museums

PunishmentPanda

So Ive been playing the game a lot recently, I bought it about a week ago. so I signed up to the forum and the first topic i read was a guy complaining that the game has no Katana's or other swords. I personally agree that this would be a good idea. However one of the Reasons flagged up because it would not work, was that the only people to have a sword would be sword enthusiasts, but why not just put them in a museum, I also would like to see a manor house somewhere on the map, perhaps combine the two into a single site? 

Just my two cents. 

I don't think you would be finding many museums in a rural Kentucky town, if any. And if there were museums, I doubt you'll be finding any medieval Japanese swords in them. This game is trying to portray a zombie apocalypse in a more believable sense. I do like the manor idea though, perhaps there would be some more established houses off in the woods a bit. While it isn't in Kentucky, I would like to see a Falling Water equivalent, An artistic historic house built off in the woods or along a desolate road.

Hmm... Finding some antique flintlock firearms in an old manor house...

This is about the only way I can see 'crafting your own ammunition' working. Raid gunstores for black powder, raid fishing stores for lead sinkers to use or melt down to form musket balls...

This could actually be a thing!

Most items in museums are replica's while the real stuff is locked in a safe, not to mention that even the real swords in museums are usually worn down and old. Ifthey do add swords they would just need to make them rare like shotguns. The chance is much higher of finding a real katana in an upper income house than it is in a museum, well unless it is a museum dedicated to Japanese culture.

Til you get it stuck in a zombie, Be a great weapon then won't it -_-

Only if you stab, but a Katana is a slashing weapon and isn't really designed for stabbing motions. As a slashing-type weapon, a Katana is actually one of the best weapons you could use to fight the undead because a very well made Katana in the hands of a master swordsmen could slice through at least two or three zeds with one stroke.

The key details here being that no average person is going to be particularly well trained in the art of wielding a Katana and that pretty much the only well made Katana swords you'd find in Kentucky would be exceptionally rare. Probably only about two or three on the whole damn map. Hell, swinging a Katana is so different from swinging any other kind of melee weapon that you'd damn well need to unlearn pretty much everything you've come to understand about swinging a melee weapon and rebuild that training from the ground up just to be able to swing a Katana properly.

The only way I could see having Katana swords be in the game at all would be if they're so rare you'd only find a couple of them on the map and training in them would be its own separate skill. 

ac6.jpg

Gomenasai, my name is Ken-Sama.

I’m a 27 year old American Otaku (Anime fan for you gaijins). I draw Anime and Manga on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Japanese games. (Disgaea, Final Fantasy, Persona series)

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my sword license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Japanese fluently, both Kanji and the Osaka dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Japanese history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Japanese visa, I am moving to Tokyo to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Studio Ghibli or a game designer!

I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Japan, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Japanese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Japan!

Wait, you do realize that the vast majority of the Japanese people don't wear kimonos and that by doing so (especially as a foreigner) you're going to make yourself stick out more than if you just wore normal clothes, right? …Right? And that by doing so you'd be disrespectful to the older generation of people who take their traditions seriously as a foreigner pretending to be part of their culture, and you'd be a joke to the younger generation who don't follow the old traditions?

And don't call yourself an Otaku within earshot of any native born Japanese. There is a huge social stigma against Otaku culture in general. Maybe not as much as it used to be, but you still shouldn't be calling yourself that in polite company.

guys, he claims to be a history expert and seems to think Japan is his destiny.

let him follow his muse, somethings simply must be learned first hand.

if you are right (and i'm not saying you are wrong) then he will learn that soon enough., either to his benefit or to his detriment. either way, it will be a learning experience.

good luck with your plans. hope it is all you want it to be.

Wait, you do realize that the vast majority of the Japanese people don't wear kimonos and that by doing so (especially as a foreigner) you're going to make yourself stick out more than if you just wore normal clothes, right? …Right? And that by doing so you'd be disrespectful to the older generation of people who take their traditions seriously as a foreigner pretending to be part of their culture, and you'd be a joke to the younger generation who don't follow the old traditions?

And don't call yourself an Otaku within earshot of any native born Japanese. There is a huge social stigma against Otaku culture in general. Maybe not as much as it used to be, but you still shouldn't be calling yourself that in polite company.

if you are right (and i'm not saying you are wrong) then he will learn that soon enough., either to his benefit or to his detriment. either way, it will be a learning experience.

c07.png

Just to clarify I realise I did not make it clear in my first post, but I am simply trying to keep people happy by finding a way to include peoples suggestions in a logical and implementable way. I personaly do not care 2 Fecies if the Katana GOS in or not, it was someone else's suggestion not mine, but I would love to see a museam and a manor, which where my actual suggestions, flintlocks and perhaps a medivel weapons museum would be welcome additions in my view, also I would love to see the devs put in a katana, Store bought quality, to screw with people who are trying to be cool by using it.

c07.png

congratulations, you just exposed yourself as a troll.

good luck getting taken seriously in here now.

c07.png

congratulations, you just exposed yourself as a troll.

good luck getting taken seriously in here now.

Lighten up, bro.

Have a laugh once in a while.

i do, especially at people who actively expose themselves in such a manner.

in truth, i'll be sharing this to many other sites and letting others laugh at it as well.

hell, you just made my weekend.

(now, since i got a friendly warning from Rathlord yesterday over a thread involving you, you will be going on my ignore list. i like it here, not gonna let one person get me points that would have me take a holiday.)

Just to clarify I realise I did not make it clear in my first post, but I am simply trying to keep people happy by finding a way to include peoples suggestions in a logical and implementable way. I personaly do not care 2 Fecies if the Katana GOS in or not, it was someone else's suggestion not mine, but I would love to see a museam and a manor, which where my actual suggestions, flintlocks and perhaps a medivel weapons museum would be welcome additions in my view, also I would love to see the devs put in a katana, Store bought quality, to screw with people who are trying to be cool by using it.

TL:DR

OMG guys, i was totally joking, i don't care about Katanas, it was someone else's idea, i just want to see a museum and a manor (see thread title "Finding Katanas in Museums" ) which is my REAL suggestions, but i would love to see katanas anyway.

Well somebody totally missed the joke

Well somebody totally missed the joke

blIWPz8.gif

Yup, I have better things to do with my life than remember obscure 4chan jokes.

On the other hand, I wouldn't recommend trolling a moderator or the other lovely members here as that's a fast way to find a you-shaped hole in The Indie Stone's community. Unlike anarchist 4chan, we expect people to be friendly and lovely at all times. Remember that.

You are more likely to find medieval weaponry in museums than an a Asian Katana, and even then whether they are replicas of real would be another question.

At best you can use a battle axe or a broad sword as steak knives.

But that doesn't stop us from modifying a Battle Axe or a Broadsword into a weapon of its own right?

With proper modification you can turn a straight sword's blade into a spear at the very least.