Zombies Tear Down Fences

Etsamaru

I was thinking, currently the zombies CLIMB fences, which seems odd. I think that zombies should press against fences and wear it down over time, or just have sheer numbers tear down the fence. Think the walking dead, and the prison fences.

It's kind of weird currently that I scale a fence trying to run away and all the zombies scale it just as fast as I could and keep following me.

I'd love to be in a fenced in area and just hear the moans and growls of zombies and the sounds of rattling fences all night.

Having them bunch up against the fence, topple forward, and stagger upright again could be nifty. Would mean that the fences can keep a few zombies at bay (provided they don't feel the need to go over the fence), but large hordes would simply steamroll their way through them.

As it stands, having a horde bunch up to cross over a fence is one of the best ways of inflicting massive damage with a shotgun. Which I like :D

Well the zombies from night of the living dead were quite mobile. Not sure if it counts as basic Romero lore or not but they were fast and could keep up with them and I pretty sure I even recall one throwing a brick through a window. In my personal opinion, the stupid zombies are more enjoyable, which i envision such things as pounding on the fence like in the walking dead at the prison. Maybe even show them flop over the fence because the manner in which they hop over now isn't appealing to me. Running zombies are fine but at which point of the mental capacity seems to be too much. So if a zombie could hop a fence with such ease, why can't it pick up a pistol and shoot me in the face? If that zombie hopped over that fence with such ease why couldn't it just open windows and doors? 

Human is top heavy. Walk.way railing and fencing has to be a set height for safety reasons due to the human body being top heavy.

If a zombie comes up to a fence lets say waist height the it would not climb over it but reaching for you with its arms and leaning forward would fall over it. Due to its single minded side. Zombies think straight lines for the most part. Will walk through fire walk in.to and then navigate around a object like water flowing around it.

I worked with a special needs child who was veru very single minded visually. If he saw something he wanted he would travel towards it in a very straight line. With tunnel vision. Stumbling over anything. Walking in to lets see a car and then once stopped, try and walk through the car. He could not grasp the concept of navigation unless the car was parked at an angle so he would slide along the car length until he was all the closer to the object he wanted. Like water. Path of least resistance.

He would fall over a fence because he would not see the fence, if it was waist height.

Push through or try to push through a 6foot chain fence like mincing machine.

Walking in to a wall then pressing against it left or right until he found a hole (door or window)

Now thats what a zombie should be like

As for climbing then yes a ladder would be navigated but not easily.

Well the zombies from night of the living dead were quite mobile. Not sure if it counts as basic Romero lore or not but they were fast and could keep up with them and I pretty sure I even recall one throwing a brick through a window. In my personal opinion, the stupid zombies are more enjoyable, which i envision such things as pounding on the fence like in the walking dead at the prison. Maybe even show them flop over the fence because the manner in which they hop over now isn't appealing to me. Running zombies are fine but at which point of the mental capacity seems to be too much. So if a zombie could hop a fence with such ease, why can't it pick up a pistol and shoot me in the face? If that zombie hopped over that fence with such ease why couldn't it just open windows and doors? 

That's where Romero zombies are different from Brooks zombies. In Romero lore the zombies are caveman like, they can use simple tools like bricks, sticks, things lying around to bash barricades. Eventually if left alone long enough, or trained, they can even remember bits and pieces of their humanity, doing things like attempting to perform/reenact jobs that they did while alive. They can also vaguely remember people that they knew while alive as friends or enemies such as passing over a former friend and not eating them, or in one case (I think it was "Land of the Dead"?), a zombie clumsily picking up an assault rifle and using it to kill the guy who betrayed him earlier in the film.

As for the game I'd prefer the dumber Max Brooks zombies where they tumble over smaller fences or simply slap their bodies against larger fences until it collapses under the "dead" weight (sorry, I had to).