Does anyone actually play Westpoint?

Rikashey

"Smaller town with less custom buildings and about 1000 more zombies"

Don't find it very appealing.

I'd rather play Mauldraugh(?) since it's so big but everytime I play it I stick around the same areas anyways so it seems small.

Kinda wish the devs would add more custom buildings near the housing areas. Maybe a Ma and Pa shop here or there.

Being a brand new player, yet one very adept at these types of games, I found Mdrh to be the more difficult spawn, rather than WP. Reasons are that while the zed groups are fairly large and can be a hassle to deal with, the buildings are all pretty easy to break into and lose the zeds in, plus they seem to actually hold items that rarely pop up elsewhere on the map, like trowels and spades, plus the hardware store in the middle makes the stay in WP quite easy after stocking up on the axes and nails. I, however, choose to play in WP in my Sandbox run in Build 25 running with the new test version of Bedford Falls so I can (hopefully) last to setup in WP and travel to Bedford on foot to really experience it right.

I didn't really know there was a huge difference but I started in WP and now I'm about 3 months in and I can't really get anywhere close to the downtown area due to the obscene amounts of zombies everywhere. Still its been good fun playing so far though.

Ever since the devs added WP, I almost always start out there due to the terrific hardware store with tons of nails in it. Last time I got 10-15 boxes as well as 3 axes, plus all the wood glue I will ever need. Also, the GIGA-mart has a ton of shotguns and sells. After looting them, I tend to play all over the map. In my current game, I have set my base up between West Point and Muldraugh, in the diner with a compound.

I'm currently in a 2nd floor apartment in wp, above the hard wares tore.

Great location.

Problem is, there's not enough trees. I'm trying to decide where to focus my annihilating fury for cleaning up somewhere new to live.

I'll miss that apartment though.

Rick, you have no idea what you are missing! Granted, WP is not suggested for beginners but, i assure you, it makes for a much more intense zomboid experience! I highly suggest you try it out!

So I tried Westpoint.

dzRD6Am.png

Lol its funny because i had a huge horde in the same area, right in front of the giga mart... But like derek said you just need to go into the gun store, get tons of shotgun ammo, and the horde is nothing... I like west point because the city has good loot throughout the building, instead of just one house and go to the next, but it comes with the price of tons of zombies. the gun store kinda makes it too easy though

It's not like you couldn't loot the WP gunstore and hardware store while playing a Mudraugh save, in fact it probably would balance out the loot take with the long trips you'd be making. But like everyone has said, WP is very convenient, so it's kind of expected to be simple and relatively easy; Doesn't mean you won't die there one day.

It's not like you couldn't loot the WP gunstore and hardware store while playing a Mudraugh save, in fact it probably would balance out the loot take with the long trips you'd be making. But like everyone has said, WP is very convenient, so it's kind of expected to be simple and relatively easy; Doesn't mean you won't die there one day.

lol, getting to and into the hardware store in West Point is anything but easy. quite a few tool junkie zombies hang out around there waiting for the Snap On guy to drop off some new tools. i find it usually takes 2-4 boxes of shotgun ammo and a shooting spree in the Giga Mart parking lot to really feel safe entering the hardware store and taking enough time to find what i want and arrange it right in my bags.

but then again, i REALLY enjoy shooting sprees. maybe others have a quieter way to get in there.

Rick, you have no idea what you are missing! Granted, WP is not suggested for beginners but, i assure you, it makes for a much more intense zomboid experience! I highly suggest you try it out!

So I tried Westpoint.

dzRD6Am.png

Lol its funny because i had a huge horde in the same area, right in front of the giga mart...

I call that large mass of zombies The Giga Horde.

lol, getting to and into the hardware store in West Point is anything but easy. quite a few tool junkie zombies hang out around there waiting for the Snap On guy to drop off some new tools. i find it usually takes 2-4 boxes of shotgun ammo and a shooting spree in the Giga Mart parking lot to really feel safe entering the hardware store and taking enough time to find what i want and arrange it right in my bags.

but then again, i REALLY enjoy shooting sprees. maybe others have a quieter way to get in there.

What I ended up doing is leading them across the street to the apartment building near the coffee shop and running up to the top floor. I then locked myself in the bathroom then took a sheet rope to the streets. I then looted the hardware store taking only the essentials.

Best way into WP hardware store is to enter the Food Mart (East?) adjacent to it, go back toward the counter and enter the backway; so long as the zeds have either a) broken the doors for some time and already moved on or b) the Zeds have yet to enter and destroy the doors, you shouldn't have to worry too much about attracting others with those inside. If you wanted to go the loud route, just kite away towards the Food Mart and lead them along until you can safely enter the Food Mart to lose the mob and enter the hardware store. Don't be afraid to use that shout if you mean to kite the lurkers inside; it's way better than poppin' caps in the streets and dodging the masses.

Ever since the devs added WP, I almost always start out there due to the terrific hardware store with tons of nails in it. Last time I got 10-15 boxes as well as 3 axes, plus all the wood glue I will ever need. Also, the GIGA-mart has a ton of shotguns and sells. After looting them, I tend to play all over the map. In my current game, I have set my base up between West Point and Muldraugh, in the diner with a compound.

I have been meaning to make a safe house in that diner, its on my list. Currently have a WP life- Safe house at twiggys and one north end of town as well. But yeah looking forward to getting out to that diner :)

I have been meaning to make a safe house in that diner, its on my list. Currently have a WP life- Safe house at twiggys and one north end of town as well. But yeah looking forward to getting out to that diner :)

It's a safe neighbourhood once you've had some fun with a shotgun. Just watch out for the glitchy windows and walls. You can walk straight through some of them. Nothing a sturdy wooden wall can't fix :)

When I play solo I either:

A) start in Maldraugh, get geared up with bags and weapons, and then hit West Point for a full load of nails, beta blockers, both ammo types from the gun store and non perishables.

Or

B) start in West Point to easily get a big bag quickly, grab as much as I can carry, and then run to Maldraugh to set up base!

However when I'm playing MP there are wayyyy more options for team play in West Point! When you have people to help you handle the hordes the options just open up!

I love West Point - As of right now me and a group of friends (on my server) are taking over West Point even though the amount of zombies is insane!

We have had to rally up hordes and lead them away just to loot the city and its not always easy. Our base is setup all the way west where a big farm is located so we have multiple safe houses to live in while we get loot.

I have to say, West Point is hard but once we have cleared everything we can, Maldraugh is going to be a big hike and its going to be sweet.