Ghilly Suits

CatGuitarist

Anyone heard about the Ghilly Suit?

If you don't, its a suit made with cloth, an adhesive and grass.

It was a camouflage that dates back to 1934 that was used by spies, snipers and more.

So.. We have grass... Sheets and normal clothes, and.... Duct Tape...?

Maybe glue should be found in warehouses..?

Grass should be taken out..

Anyhoo, when it is finished, it will be:

A hood

Long shirt

Pair of Gloves

And the rest.

However, some Ghilly suits have a cape thingy to cover the backpack.

If done, Zombies' vision should decrease, considering the noise the character is making.

PS: Retired Militaries can keep their Ghilly suit, if they had one.

I wouldn't be entirely against this, it'd just need to conform to our zombie standards. I'd rather they only not see you if you're not moving at all. That means if the zeds haven't spotted you and you're lying completely still in the grass, they wouldn't notice you unless you moved. Otherwise, they'd notice you just like before. Could also help against players in MP.

^ I would add if not moving and a certain distance away so the smell don't get to them. Or rather a chance of not being noticed when in close proximity. That would give quite an excitement factor if you were chillin' in your ghillie and you'd see a horde marching your way. Duck n' cover! Then pray to your preferred god and hope no one notices you.

And as Rath said would be great for NPCs/Other players.

It's not Ghilly suits, it's Ghillie.

Fixed :razz:

Maybe useful for hunting animals :)

That's precisely what I was going to say.

Also, it should slow you down, and be rather weighty.

The ghillie suits I've seen, however, are made of netting or mesh, in which you just stuff sticks and brush into it, maybe tie some pieces off with twine.

I really don't see it being that useful with zombies. I mean, are you going to camp them like some a-hole in Halo? :P

^ I would add if not moving and a certain distance away so the smell don't get to them. Or rather a chance of not being noticed when in close proximity. That would give quite an excitement factor if you were chillin' in your ghillie and you'd see a horde marching your way. Duck n' cover! Then pray to your preferred god and hope no one notices you.

Well, why not go crazy all the way and add ...wind ? Firstly, the directional anisotropy of smell would make for some nice tactics, secondly, should it evolve dynamically, one would have to change positions ever so often and, thirdly, wind generates noise. In the city just making for some omnious noises, but near some trees, the rustling could be pretty zombie-like...

That one would actually fit in quite well with the decay over time suggestions (as gale force winds tend to do some damage - well, actually going out would be rather risky ...hmmm), as well as the sound ping idea.

i think the "not seen if not moving at certain distance" should only apply if your are on a proper tile (grass tiles). i think everyone can tell that this fluffy bush doesn't belong on the middle of a street. 

I'm not sure why a ghillie suit should make you slower or if it would really weight that much. it's basically cloth with some grass. even if you apply some sticks the overall weight of the whole suit is something around...a blanket. Maybe heat could be an issue (OP talks about home made ghillie suit made out of sheets)

How about a way to dissect zombies and wrap their organs around yourself as zomboid camo?

The longer you wear it the higher of a chance you have of getting sick and also a small chance of infection.

For the thousandth time. No. Read the sticky. It's even larger than the others. :/

How about a way to dissect zombies and wrap their organs around yourself as zomboid camo?

The longer you wear it the higher of a chance you have of getting sick and also a small chance of infection.

For the thousandth time. No. Read the sticky. It's even larger than the others. :/

there_is_no_need_to_be_upset-4390.gif

Kitchen Knife + Zombie corpse -> Dissect -> Zombie entrails

Please don't, we finally stopped those threads from appearing ;-;

whats annoying is that he has been linked to the suggestions thread a couple times, yet continues to post about stuff that is a confirmed NO

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

Dood calm down.

XYBgt.gif

actually i can understand sfy.

in the last weeks many new guys showed up in the forum (wich isn't actually bad or anything alike) and instead of doing there homework first, started to blast the suggestion forum with threads that have been discussed already, are confirmed yes or no already or are the opposite of the "how to write a good suggestion stickie" or just are double postst to already existing threads. 

and im saying this as a, in a matter of scale, new guy myself. there are a few, that seem to think they gotta catch up to those posting for years in here, in a matter of post numbers. there is sometimes many post with nothing said...

new ideas are great, but like said many time in the last days, read the stickies first and do your homework

whats annoying is that he has been linked to the suggestions thread a couple times, yet continues to post about stuff that is a confirmed NO

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

Dood calm down.

XYBgt.gif

actually i can understand sfy.

in the last weeks many new guys showed up in the forum (wich isn't actually bad or anything alike) and instead of doing there homework first, started to blast the suggestion forum with threads that have been discussed already, are confirmed yes or no already or are the opposite of the "how to write a good suggestion stickie" or just are double postst to already existing threads. 

and im saying this as a, in a matter of scale, new guy myself. there are a few, that seem to think they gotta catch up to those posting for years in here, in a matter of post numbers. there is sometimes many post with nothing said...

new ideas are great, but like said many time in the last days, read the stickies first and do your homework

It's not like I made a whole new thread suggesting it. All I did was make a simple comment and everyone has to blast it out of proportion. Just comment "It's already been suggested" or something like that. No need for people to go full on roid rage.