No Admin Account after launching Server?

Maxunit

Heyo there,

I purchased Project Zomboid a couple hours ago, after I saw the MP release and started hosting a MP Server right away on my Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x64 Root Server.

Now..

I missed out creating the proper "Zomboid" folder in the user's root directory and also adding the world.db file. I did that, after the Server spilled out the error.

Problem now is, I had nothing coming up, which told me to enter a password for an admin account or how to add one properly.

My Server is already configured with a world.db file for whitelisting and that only whitelisted accounts can connect.

How do I modify a whitelisted account now to be an Admin?

Duh...just figured out, that it is Build 24 and not 25. Are the admin features already available in Build 24? I'm not sure about updating to the IWBMS Build right away.

Also:

I cannot use any commands on the server console? Save, quit etc does nothing or do I have to enter them with a / there as well?

Like: /save

Last, but not least:

Generally, it runs fine. I have not noticed, that any of the other players had de-synced clocks or something like that, but usually we face de-syncing if it comes to the other player's position and some other minor stuff. Like zombies disappear while we attack them or they flicker with other "sprites" for a moment. Blood splats are also not synced.

If I would "renice" the server process under Ubuntu, could it fix or lessen (some of) the de-sync issue?

Greetings,

Maxunit

I just updated the Server to the IWBMS Build (Build 25) and same for the Client.

None of the stuff was lost, so I can revert back to Build 24 at any time and I have Admin features now as well. Nice.

Still, will look into it, if some sync issues can be fixed with a "renice" command. Means, giving it a higher priority. There are already a good bunch of syncing fixes in the IWBMS Build.