kinyoshi

Do you concur?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Well, Do You??

• YES
    • NO
  2. 2. Dual Wield At Grandmaster For That Weapon?

• Yes
    • No

I want to be able to put  a knife in primary slot and another knife in secondary slot and do a pretty spectacular dual stabby kill in zombies heads, like the jaw stab, but with both knifes in the left and right side of the skull.

Also, dual wielding two bats would be awesome, of course with a swing speed penalty or something...

Dual wield would only be usable once you Grandmaster that particular skill.

Edited by kinyoshi

Your joking right? Knives i could see but bats?

Bats and Axes.. I could go around smashing stuff in real life with two bats, two axes would be a bit hard, but if my adrenaline was pumping good enough I could probably keep it up for 15-20 minutes with a huge crash of course, because that would kill my knees (army injury)..

If I could do that in real life, I could see doing it in the game. With huge penalties of some sort of course.

Join the Dark Side young Skymagnum 2.0.16 (cuz your a robot and you keep getting your hands chopped off. :P) Get it? (I fixed the spelling of your name :))

(hope above line didn't spoil The Lord of the Jedi movies for anyone...)

what about two forks? one could to some harm with them. two sledge hammers would be hard, because of the weight in PZ, but in real life a strong person could reasonably do it for a few minutes before being very tired.

Think about it  :D.

Edit: :D

Look at what I have found. :D

Ya you probably should be 16+ to look at this..

31954-4-1361348466.jpg

Edited by kinyoshi

I could see dualwielding small weapons like guns or knifes, but honestly I don't think that you could effectivly do any critical damage with two bats or axes.

Anything that is heavy and uses the force of impact do do harm should not be dualwield because you can't build up enough force when only using one arm.

I could see dualwielding small weapons like guns or knifes, but honestly I don't think that you could effectivly do any critical damage with two bats or axes.

Anything that is heavy and uses the force of impact do do harm should not be dualwield because you can't build up enough force when only using one arm.

Das ist nicht gut. But I value and respect your feedback. (no offense meant btw. I just like using translator)

I kind of agree with it too :D. half/half :)

Edited by kinyoshi

What about having to charge it longer than it currently charges for weapon strikes? and strength requirements. and fail chance. and horrifically funny kill art work for their heads exploding from two sledge hammer smashes the sides of the zombie skull.

Edited by kinyoshi

It is definately for advanced fighters but 2 small axes is humanly possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf8jWtCdFWI

Perhaps it doesn't do as much damage per hit, and the character would not be able to dual wield obvious two handers, but you hit twice as fast and it takes trait points which means you can't have another advantage like running faster, hitting harder, or needing less food to survive! Having such a character get an advantage in combat imho is not imbalanced. You need much more to survive zomboid than just combat skills.

I personally think the athletic trait is much more usefull. :) Even if you gain the option to fight three times as many zombies before the odds get overwhelming then you're still outnumbered 100 to 1.... An american rugby player specialized in running and dodging would outlive a fully armored and trained knight in a zombie apocalypse. (Mostly because the knight can't run)

Rule number 1. Cardio... :)

So if you add it as a trait, and give that player twice as much killing power as a consequence, but it costs him other traits. I think there will be no problem...

Eh, gonna vote no. In no way can a human being carry two large fire axes at the same time without tiring with the first swing. Pistols, sure. It'd have to be horribly inaccurate since the recoil would probably bust the hell out of your wrists and/or shoulders. Bats would also be like wielding two fire axes. Have you tried swinging two bats at the same time? It gets uncomfortable and tiring. However, two small hand axes would be fairly easy. They do have weight on them, so it'll require some training on the wielder's part.

All in all, it seems you're basing ideas on movies. Hollywood never does things realistically, man. They never do.

Eh, gonna vote no. In no way can a human being carry two large fire axes at the same time without tiring with the first swing. Pistols, sure. It'd have to be horribly inaccurate since the recoil would probably bust the hell out of your wrists and/or shoulders. Bats would also be like wielding two fire axes. Have you tried swinging two bats at the same time? It gets uncomfortable and tiring. However, two small hand axes would be fairly easy. They do have weight on them, so it'll require some training on the wielder's part.

All in all, it seems you're basing ideas on movies. Hollywood never does things realistically, man. They never do.

I'm not basing anything off of movies.

Dual wielding pistols, is not as impossible as you'd expect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HhY2xQr0zw

But I expect any survivor would shout "screw this" after 15 seconds and just continue with one pistol.

So, dual wield melee yes, dual wield ranged, not likely.

Also not really relevant, I stumbled across it whilst searching dual wield stuff on youtube, but awesome enough to share:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_Vl67brJjM

(Agh I was talking about the mythbusters here only to see willow512 has already brought it up :cry:  2 minutes wasted)

Dual melee weapons I could see working well only for things like knifes, forks, frying pans (maybe). I don't like having two baseball bats or two axes as an option. These types of weapons are more useful when held using two hands (I don't think I can recall any baseball players who bat with one hand).

Voting yes, assuming things like dual pistols have lower accuracy and dual bats... don't make their way into the game.

If this somehow makes it way into the game, may I suggest an ambidextrous trait?

By default the primary equip slot would put a weapon into your dominant hand, and the secondary equip into the (for lack of a better term) inferior hand. Any weapon in the secondary slot would have a drop in performance*.

Having the ambidextrous trait allows items which are equipped in the secondary slot to act as if they were equipped in the primary.

*The drop in performance would only show if one were holding something like a gun & and a melee weapon. The reason being is that if one were holding two knifes and using them in combat, I do not believe not being ambidextrous would impact one's ability to fight.

(Agh I was talking about the mythbusters here only to see willow512 has already brought it up :cry: 2 minutes wasted)

Dual melee weapons I could see working well only for things like knifes, forks, frying pans (maybe). I don't like having two baseball bats or two axes as an option. These types of weapons are more useful when held using two hands (I don't think I can recall any baseball players who bat with one hand).

Voting yes, assuming things like dual pistols have lower accuracy and dual bats... don't make their way into the game.

frying pans? I can see bats but not frying pans...

I see the point with having a knife as secondary. Like that you hold the knife under the pistol while aiming. Sadly I don't agree using 2 melee weapons in each hand, if you would for example be in a street fight you would want balance and effective cuts. If you hold 2 axes you are probably gona drop your guard and having a zombie reach your chest in no time, compared to holding 1 axe where you can shove them away or block them with the part going over the chest.

Also with dual welding pistols, the character is most likely not used to reloading that way. Also bullets is the last thing you would want to waste, it is more effective to take them down with aim especially when it would be a lot harder to reload.

TL:DR

Knife + pistol = good

long melee weapon + long melee weapon = nope

firearm + firearm = nope

firearm + long melee weapon = nope

errrr gonna say nope. To impractical in my eyes.

Not everyone is cordinated enough to weild 2 weapons at once, let alone be able to get enough strength into a single swing/stab to crack/pierce a skull.

Knifes I get what you mean it would be pretty cool, but I still couldnt see it been of any use. It's still cordination & timing that most people wouldn't have.

Players swing bats, planks, hammers, sledgehammers and axes as a 2 handed weapons to get the most strength into a swing. Even then a zombie's skull doesnt always break. So if a 2 handed swing using the strength in both your arms cannot break a skull then how would one hope to be able to kill a zombie holding a 2 handed weapon in 1 hand? It'd effectively half the strength of your swing.

Sorry but mono-weilding of any weapon is really all I can see the average guy/girl been able to do unless they have undergone specific training in the forces or a dojo in the past. Might be possible as a career, perhaps martial arts master. But it's not something I would be terribly keen on seeing in the game anyways. I couldnt think of any practical use for it.

Here's the thing about dual wielding; you're more likely to hurt yourself then the target, unless trained specifically. Holding a knife and pistol, sure. 2 bats/axes? Have you tried swinging 2 bats at once, let alone axes? Hell, dual wielding axes can lead to serious self harm.

Here's the thing about dual wielding; you're more likely to hurt yourself then the target, unless trained specifically. Holding a knife and pistol, sure. 2 bats/axes? Have you tried swinging 2 bats at once, let alone axes? Hell, dual wielding axes can lead to serious self harm.

What about if dual wield would only be usable once you Grandmaster that particular skill.

Added a poll for it, delete your old vote and re-vote.

Just make it a 6 point trait, if people want it they can have it, but it will cost them. Like I said before, cardio is way more important in an apocalypse. Arguably moving silently and being resistant to disease are also more important than being a zombie killing machine. The game is supposed to be fun. Any trait that makes a character more fun to play but doesn't necesarily extend his life is a good trait for the game.

It seems to me that engaging in combat is always a risk. If you are a great fighter you take more of that risk, at one point the die is going to roll against you. A runner on the other hand. Skilled at running away from things, he's going to always run and survive. (Unless he rounds a corner and lands himself in the center of a horde)