Your best fortress

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys have all built awesome, multi-storey, solid fortresses to withstand the zombie horde. I just run around houses with my trusty weapon, eating dead rats and whatever I can find. I don't know why I didn't bother to settle down, I never survived long enough to starve. XD

If you guys wanna have fun with building huge stuff, you can cheat easily...

Go in media\lua\BuildingObjects\ISUI\ and open ISBuildMenu.lua with any text editor, then the 11th line will be : ISBuildMenu.cheat = false; just replace the "false" by "true" and there you go, infinite building :D

It's just for fun/testing, you'll get no fun at all by doing it in a classic run :)

You guys have all built awesome, multi-storey, solid fortresses to withstand the zombie horde. I just run around houses with my trusty weapon, eating dead rats and whatever I can find. I don't know why I didn't bother to settle down, I never survived long enough to starve. XD

That was my problem exactly :)

Settled_down_south_part_o_town_zps856a7a

Not really a fortress, more like a small fortification, took a lot of work anyhow(had to run from the south end o' town all the way up to the northern warehouse for a damn hammer!).

For anyone wondering this is the house location : http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.3741301886595295,0.4975352943712405,154.00000000000003

So far I've survived for 20+ days and still going. Probably going to sneak up to the police dep. soon and nab a shottie, I have 80 shells that are beggin' to be used.

Go in media\lua\BuildingObjects\ISUI\ and open ISBuildMenu.lua with any text editor, then the 11th line will be : ISBuildMenu.cheat = false; just replace the "false" by "true" and there you go, infinite building :D

It's just for fun/testing, you'll get no fun at all by doing it in a classic run :)

Imagine the creative and elaborate constructions people could make given unlimited resources. Indeed might use this later on :3, purely for academic reasons of course.

I've tried the item spawn mod in build 15, to get some nails after I lost a massive bag of them somewhere and couldn't find any more, but it kind of killed the fun so I removed it. I'd rather chop all the wood and gather all the nails I need (which became a lot easier with the introduction of crate-smashing).

Here is v2.0 of my farmhouse project (cross-post from bug report, hence the captions):

MxNHp2m.jpg

It's far from finished, but I have 500+ nails left and can now carpent at level 5 :cool:

:) its time to make a fort that can be seen from space. Never mind i decided to play the game not make a huge fort i will never use.

Edited by Shivster

I've tried the item spawn mod in build 15, to get some nails after I lost a massive bag of them somewhere and couldn't find any more, but it kind of killed the fun so I removed it. I'd rather chop all the wood and gather all the nails I need (which became a lot easier with the introduction of crate-smashing).

Here is v2.0 of my farmhouse project (cross-post from bug report, hence the captions):

MxNHp2m.jpg

It's far from finished, but I have 500+ nails left and can now carpent at level 5 :cool:

Doesnt there need to be a ground tile for it to be dry underneath that bit?

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, here's my fortress. Didn't have time to finish it, I was going to build two towers in it. Unfortunately while I was away scavenging some stuff, seven zombies spawned in my garden (despite my walls). I killed them off upn my return, but didn't see the crawler among their corpses. Darn. Took me about a month to build it but I'm not gonna finish it now. I need a carpentry skill of 3 to buld stairs and I'm not gonna level that bitch up again :)

Anyway, here's my fortress. I call it "Chateau trailer trash"
Image 1
Image 2

I am currently using Cortman Medical as my base, can't say that I feel safe there always hordes of zombies right outside the door, but I have tons of food and water so I'll survive a bit longer.

I want to migrate to the house up north,

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.554039420427313,0.4245194475864252,83.50957106447592 )

but I do think I need to go 3-5 times to get all of my stuff up there, and that might be though, but it looks like a great place to build a base, and hopefully safe and with less zombies.

but I do think I need to go 3-5 times to get all of my stuff up there, and that might be though, but it looks like a great place to build a base, and hopefully safe and with less zombies.

I settled there one of my games, set up a farm on day two or three, because why the heck not, The day after the place got overrun by zombies. They trampled all my crops and because there's only one exit I got  scratched to death on the way out.

I was thinking of trying the farm just a few screens north of that location next.

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5839535374038981,0.39090674955877935,41.86587478946656

Here is my newest effort.

The top floor is only accessible by sheet rope. To achieve this i built stairs up then filled in the area with floor tiles placed a sheet rope and then destroyed the stairs. I will add on to the front gate when i get a chance i ran out of nails and need to make a run to Mccoys to get more.

Click to enlarge.

t7ex.png

There's no water source in that farm, right?

True, but an army of waterbarrels will fix that soon enough, plenty of wood in the area!

And it's much closer to the city than the western farm so excursions won't become sleepover affairs.

There were some zombies mulling around, nothing a baseball bat could not handle, but I'm curious to see how isolated it truly is.

True, but an army of waterbarrels will fix that soon enough, plenty of wood in the area!

And it's much closer to the city than the western farm so excursions won't become sleepover affairs.

There were some zombies mulling around, nothing a baseball bat could not handle, but I'm curious to see how isolated it truly is.

There is another cabin in the woods with a well: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.43216724529528455,0.2563034004205503,114.01569803667931

• 2 weeks later...

My best was in yer old 0.1.5d builds, i ran to K&B house collected a ton of wood n nails then boarded up a single-story house 2 doors to the left :P

Edit: In the current builds, my best was in the motel - second floor very last one to be exact, i had the one window boarded with 1 plank and with a sheet, i left 25 cigarettes, 3 cans of soup, a can opener, a frying pan, x2 bowls of water and sleeping pills in the side drawer, the base was intended as a fall-back base unfortunately the save corrupted (thanks to kinyoshi's sleeping overhaul, not his fault, it was mine for installing on 2.9.9.16) and i had to start fresh