Host a Hamachi Server/Regular Server/Failure to connect.

Handlebar

I will get this bit out of the way.

So with no luck doing the above I tried to run it with Hamachi, I know hamachi works as I just hosted a Kerbal Multiplayer server not to long ago and everyone was able to join. So I put in my IP from Hamachi and I'm able to join my game right off the bat. So I invite two other people, both are located in the UK, I'm from the US. They both get failure to connect. So, then one of them try and host the server, The other fellow from the UK get a failure to connect and I get failure to connect aswell. I am able ot connect to servers that are posted in the Server forum, I am using the [onlinetest] version on Steam. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

I called Comcast to verify that they would not be blocking any ports that I would be forwarding and they said they would not. Things I will try this evening, Disabling local IPv6, making IP static following instructions on this website: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address-in-xp-vista-or-windows-7/

Even though I thought my IP was already static.

I set my IP as a static IP, and Magic! It works, so it seems if you don't open all the ports, and set the IP as static you will have no luck just hosting a Server. Also note those "Port Checker" site will still say your ports are closed. I've had 8 people on my server at once, no lag, runs great, and everyone is from different countries U.S/UK/Finland.

So.

Open Ports 16261 - 16270 For 8 People UDP/TCP

Make sure Project Zomboid is allowed through your firewall. Should be listed on your inbound exceptions.

Run the server.

You do not connect to it with your own ip, you use your local ip. 192.168.0.x or 10.0.0.x depending on which ISP/router you have.

Port should be 16261.

Again, port checker sites are not accurate as you can have them say "closed" but have people able to join your server.