PS5 controller won't properly work on MacBook Air M1

nikitaroma

Question

Hello,

I have been trying to play PZ using a PS5 dualsense controller on MBA M1 but facing the issue with rotating (using R) the character. The character does not rotate at all. I have noticed an interesting thing when I navigated to settings > controller. I could see my Dualsense and test it. So when I tested moving the left joystick, both (zero and first) axis bars were moving accordingly to my movements. But when the right joystick was moved, only the 2nd axis bar was moving (but the 3rd also should've). Then, I tried to press L2 and R2 buttons. While the R2 was triggered, only the 5th axis bar was moving. However, pressing L2 triggered both 4th and 3rd axis (but should've only the 4th).

I do hope for help in debugging it and I can provide any required attachments. What I have tried so far is 1) Mac Reboot; 2) Steam reboot; 3) Game reboot; 4) Connect both wired and wirelessly; 5) Test in other games (works fine).

3 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Beard said:

Does the same thing happen when you test it in the Steam Big Picture mode? You can configure and test controllers there as well.

No issues navigating in Big Picture Mode. Checked the controller configuration, and the R joystick responds as expected. Tried to re-calibrate the controller but the issue persists.

Not sure I can suggest much else to try in that case, could you perhaps try resetting the configuration for the game to the default values? Or use any of the Big Picture configs for the controller and see if that may help.

Archived