Bedford Falls (Test V2)

RingoD123

I am new, and not entirely sure on how the process goes to installing the map. Once downloaded, I unzipped the folder into my zomboid folder. and launched the game to find the map, there was nothing there only> Mauldraugh, and West Point maps, there was no mention of bedford falls inside of the survival, sandbox, or last stand map selections. Help please?

I am having a problem hosting server. (The server is private used for my friends and I)

I opened a topic in support sub-forum.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/7775-server-cannot-start-up-again-after-closing-it-unable-to-continue-server-save/

Now I believe this is related with the new map since it shows a number "43 , 33" which is the number of the cell where the new military building and water treatment building are located. I didn't have similar problem with v.1 but only with v.2.

Any idea please?

Now with build 26, the error message also got update, although not fixed.

Maybe it helps a bit to understand why it happened with a more describing line.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: map_meta.bin world size (1145393987x1) does not match the current map size (23x26)

at....

Please, I need help. I still cannot open multiplayer server with this version 2 map, as re-opening the server after first time play is not successful.

error_build_26_bf_v2.jpg

Try verifying your PZ cache. Go to your steam and click properties on PZ, then verify steam.

I have a problem with Bedford some of the map is missing. I had never been in this area before today. 

Vaguely, it's these two areas:    Screenshot2014-05-08065718_zpsda86ca53.p

Every other part of the map seems fine however. 

More screenshots, up close and personal.

Screenshot2014-05-08072546_zps004f5f8a.p

Screenshot2014-05-08072535_zps9899012a.p

Screenshot2014-05-08072535_zps9899012a.p

Thank you in advance.

Yup, I have this problem too. Except it isn't showing like the half of the bedford falls.

make sure you are all running the latest IWBUMS branch of zomboid on steam before installing, also if your still having problems then delete the contents of "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Zomboid" folder (cut and paste the contents somewhere else if you want to keep save games etc).

all you need to do is copy the "media" folder inside the zip file into your PZ install folder (C:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid - or where ever you installed it)

Then you will have the Bedford Falls location available on the map selection screen when you start a new game.

Any problems getting the map to work on a MP server should be discussed in the "PZ Multiplayer>Help" section of the forums.

yes it should be, simply copy and pasting the dreadwood lot files into the muldraugh folder should do the trick for SP, although you wont be able to spawn there unless you also add a dreadwood folder to the "maps" folder with the required files inside. Simply taking the bedford falls folder, making a copy, changing it to dreadwood and editing the desription.txt and map.info should be enough to give the option of spwaning in dreadwood, you will then need to edit the spawnpoints.lua to point at places in dreadwood, after this you should be set.

Does anyone know how to install this for multiplayer? Cos the person running the server I am on says he is having trouble getting it to work. A step by step guide would be appreciated :)

He can play in single player? if he does, open c:/users/"username"/Zomboid/server/servertest.ini and change the "Map=Muldraugh, KY" line to Map=Bedford Falls, KY

I've tried installing the map as a mod and didn't work well, just replacing the files worked for me. Didn't try the map that i'm working on...

yes it should be, simply copy and pasting the dreadwood lot files into the muldraugh folder should do the trick for SP, although you wont be able to spawn there unless you also add a dreadwood folder to the "maps" folder with the required files inside. Simply taking the bedford falls folder, making a copy, changing it to dreadwood and editing the desription.txt and map.info should be enough to give the option of spwaning in dreadwood, you will then need to edit the spawnpoints.lua to point at places in dreadwood, after this you should be set.

I actually havent been able to get this to work. Either Dreadwood doesn't load or bedford falls doesnt load. I have run from westpoint all the way through past dreadwood (which loaded) to bedford falls (which didn't load) to see if I could get them to load together. another time when I started in bedford falls dreadwood didnt load.

So theirs some broken spots in the map I have been finding 

1) the Stairs in the HQ section north most part of the MB the building that kinda looks like a flight control tower, theres no floor at the top of them you walk up and then fall in behind the steps.

2) The warehouses on the MB both have control rooms that you get to via steps theses rooms have no floor 

So I have noticed a very odd bug, I don't know if it happens in single player but in multi player the Far East side of the map is really jacked up. From what I can tell all the buildings east of the eastern road that runs north and south that the military base ( MB ) is on, are somehow out of sync. What happened was when I went into buildings east of this road, the places had nothing in the containers, not a single item, also other players could not see changes made to the buildings by other players. So if I built a box in one of them they could not see it, and could walk right over the tiles ect. Also if one player dropped a item no one else could see it, as well as any items put in a container could only be seen by the player that put them there. Tested this on two servers running Bedford and with two other players. I uninstalled PZ and Downloaded the map files twice with the same effect. It seems like these cells have some major glitches going on. The effects are the same out side of the buildings as well I can build a safe house out there and be the only one that can see it.

Hi

Ok so I downloaded this zip file. I extracted the contents of it.

However when I copied this file, and tried to place it in the installation folder for project zomboid, no such folder seems to exist where my zomboid folder is.

By the way I have a mac operating system, so I'm not sure if perhaps I'm just looking in the wrong place?

Thank you so much for this map!

Me and my friend have been eager to play this map together since we saw it but I had extreme trouble getting it to work on a server. I could get it to work on single player following your instructions where it would replace Muldraugh files. That worked fine like it should but when you ask a server to use Bedford Falls, it would not start up, and choosing any of the other maps would obviously not have Bedford Falls linking to it.

After hours of frustration on minupilating files and placing them in different places I came upon the answer (I don't know if this was obvious but I found no help on getting Bedford Falls working on a sever on google so here it is for others like me). I got rid of the line in the map.info where it would borrow it's lotheader files from the replaced Muldraugh files and just placed them inside of the Bedford Falls folder. This (I have not tested it but I assume) will stop you from traveling between maps however but atleast it allows you to use the map for servers.

For people having trouble running a server with this map, I believe I can help.

Simply extract this zip file into SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid/media/maps. Make sure to have the original copy of Muldraugh and not the replaced files you get with the original upload.To use this on a server, go into Users/(user)/Zomboid/Server/ and open the servertest config file. Replace "Map=Muldraugh, KY"

or what ever map you had with "Map=Bedford Falls, KY".

Download the map folder here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=53469498144967968692

All credits go the the creator of the map, I simply rearranged his files and made it easier to host a server with the map.

something weird going on here. if i open a save game that i have played for a while, the whole map shows up.

but if i try to start a new survival game, the entire section of the map above the Mcoys and Twiggys is just a green field. no asylum, no lake.

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=BedfordFallsV2#0.31612568745643305,0.2716788819987175,17.620337960625832

reinstall the map, get a message "no such lot 45-36"

How long is the distance from Bedford Falls to Muldraugh? I've been aimlessly sprinting west from the asylum for literally 30 minutes and all I see is long stretches of empty road. I don't know if my map is bugged or I am just travelling in the wrong direction.

So theirs some broken spots in the map I have been finding 

1) the Stairs in the HQ section north most part of the MB the building that kinda looks like a flight control tower, theres no floor at the top of them you walk up and then fall in behind the steps.

2) The warehouses on the MB both have control rooms that you get to via steps theses rooms have no floor 

I'll check this out. Thanks!