Bedford Falls (Test V2)

RingoD123

Were you playing alone on the server, allot of players, fresh restart?

Sounds like allot of loot, gathered all in 1 loot run?

Solo. I used the luck trait but even then it's a bit much. After all this I went south past the big red (hotel?) building towards a 3 story school. Building on the roof there. While scouting that area I found another hardware store looking exactly the same as the one in my post above, I now have almost 35k nails. The only thing I need right now is books and an elevator. There aren't even zombies around. Highest chance of dying is probably from falling of stairs :P

More positive stuff: the map looks great, I love the different kinds of building that aren't all symmetric bricks. 

Solo. I used the luck trait but even then it's a bit much. After all this I went south past the big red (hotel?) building towards a 3 story school. Building on the roof there. While scouting that area I found another hardware store looking exactly the same as the one in my post above, I now have almost 35k nails. The only thing I need right now is books and an elevator. There aren't even zombies around. Highest chance of dying is probably from falling of stairs :P

More positive stuff: the map looks great, I love the different kinds of building that aren't all symmetric bricks. 

True. But yeah, in MP you currently have 1 spawnpoint and trust me, the area will be stripped within hours :).

True. But yeah, in MP you currently have 1 spawnpoint and trust me, the area will be stripped within hours :).

Sp also has only one spawnpoint afaik. I read that you can change the server settings for MP to choose a different spawn. Dunno if it's possible for SP but that would be really nice because in SP atm it's too easy. 

By default, the original map, you can spawn in in either Muldraugh or West Point (both have several random spawn if my memory doesn`t fail me). With the Bedford Falls town added to the original map (not stand alone, the town is added!) you can spawn in Bedford Falls (fixed spawn in K and B house) or West Point, random spawns  if i remember correctly.

When you run the Bedford Falls map you actually have to make the trip to Muldraugh (which is awesome in MP) to get the piles of good loot located there :)

You should be able to change / customize a spawnpoint in SP to your liking  :). Do some searching or I can help you find out, np.

Is there a well anywhere on the map?

Northwest farm.

Thanks, but I found another as well about an hour after posting the question.

Theres a much closer one to town in the camping site south of the starting area.

Ive been making some good progress with Bedford Falls in the past few days. The 4 road cells leading North from Bedford falls now have all of their buildings placed, mainly Siebens awesome buildings but also some of Texas' buildings, however, I didn't want to use many of Texas' as I will at some point (soon) be placing the whole of Dreadwood a few cells north of Bedford Falls, in what will be the "Mega Map Mod" that will include all full cell/town map mods in 1 pack.

At the minute im going back through all the cells, replacing buildings that occur more than once in Bedford Falls, although there will still be a few houses which are duped, but hopefully far enough apart that it wont be obvious. Im also using this time to fix any/all bugs that ive come across so far, so, the next few days will be a very good time for you all to post any bugs you have found here, meaning I can release a V2 with as few bugs in as possible.

Heres a teaser pic:

post-66-0-94957000-1396542393_thumb.jpg

To make it look more of a zombie apocalypse I suggest having parts small or big dont matter with military fence around and in some parts broken, to simulate a quarantine took place, but still hell broke loose, just a small opinion. What do you guys/gals think?

Edit:

If people who make custom tilez, adding more government signs would be nice, like:

1. !Warning quarantine zone!

2. Military Checkpoint

3. Yellow caution tape

4. FEMA Camp signs

5. Hazard signs

adding new stuff like:

1. Military tents

2. More military accesories

(Boxes, jerry cans, ammo boxes,)

3. Flood lights with generator

To make it look more of a zombie apocalypse I suggest having parts small or big dont matter with military fence around and in some parts broken, to simulate a quarantine took place, but still hell broke loose, just a small opinion. What do you guys/gals think?

Edit:

If people who make custom tilez, adding more government signs would be nice, like:

1. !Warning quarantine zone!

2. Military Checkpoint

3. Yellow caution tape

4. FEMA Camp signs

5. Hazard signs

adding new stuff like:

1. Military tents

2. More military accesories

(Boxes, jerry cans, ammo boxes,)

3. Flood lights with generator

Good point but also few cars (seen one in reincarnation:sneak peak) it will make the city alive it doesn't matter if they are loot-able as boxes......

Woooooow! Man you are good at this! Still excellent tent for me. Imagine having a small camp of USNGs somewhere not populated, their mission was to go back in the city(Bedford Falls) and town (Dreadwood) to rescue stranded civilians to evacuate them to a safe place. Some died and some still their living and continuing following orders to rescue civilians, even though they havent heard anything from central command in months.

Hmm, maybe it's intend to be empty.

But zooming near the building in PZMP, the rooms looks really empty...

The creator should asked :)

It looks like its intended to be an apartment building that wasn't completed ingame. It really is quite useless. Zombies can just walk through the walls and theres nothing to loot.

Friend of mine's running a small private server for the two of us and I never see any loot anywhere, and every time I try to open a container she sees this message in her console:

"Error requestitemsforcontainer no square or invalid index"

Everything works fine for her, which means it's probably something on my end. Ideas? I installed the map exactly as instructed.

EDIT

Disregard, she didn't install the map the way I told her to. But I'll leave this post here anyway in case anyone else runs into that error.