Bedford Falls (Test V2)

RingoD123

so we cannot run a server with this map?

@alicecooper: yes you have permission to run public MP servers with bedford falls, bear in mind though there is a few bugs here and there that will be fixed in the next version, ill add more spawn points too.

RingoD gaves his permission.

figured it out lol.

Love the map, nice and big.

Just started taking over the resident evil mansion.

But found the fence incomplete around its borders.

some fence parts are missing to the left of the mansion hidden behind the office block left.

just point that out.

not sure if it deliberate or just missing.

loving the map so far. i can seriously see the entire map filled with tons of buildings.

but is their a hospital yet??

so we cannot run a server with this map?

@alicecooper: yes you have permission to run public MP servers with bedford falls, bear in mind though there is a few bugs here and there that will be fixed in the next version, ill add more spawn points too.

RingoD gaves his permission.

Oops  I meant to ask how do we start a server running this map. Seems like we are not allowed to choose a spawn point when join a server.

I can't find Bedford, yes Ive downloaded it and installed, but I'm trying to reach it from Muld by heading east and twice I just reach the edge of the map. Need a reference on the original map to head directly east from so I cant miss it please, is it higher or lower than the train yard for example? I know you can spawn there, but I'm playing on an open server that's hosting it and I dont wanna start a fresh character to get there. Getting sick of wandering around the woods.

I think you don't have the map correctly installed. When you choose Muldraugh as a spawning point, you should spawn in Bedford Falls and not need to go anywhere. Someone correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't actually tried it my self. :P

I might be of a bit, but i walked the route several times this morning. Note Bedford Falls V1 is a WIP-test. We should all be happy he made it available to the public Kaitel :)

Server is packed and enjoying all the towns :)

I will bribe Blindcoder and see if he can make a complete map (roads should be added soon i believe, not inter-connected atm).

it`s all good.

I didn't realize there were map packs available!

I installed and its running perfectly.

However, on build 25 IWBMS branch, v3, my char. is perpetually bald, and there seem to be very few zombies around in the newb zone. Not sure if thats by design or not-- am going to begin exploring further. All I've really found are a few fridges full of food and a frying pan, so its an interesting start to say the least.

One little funny moment, here is some burned building at 13580*8225, and there is many pillow, towel and curtain in ovens and refrigirators, it's looks funny, but there is no any food, or kitchen items etc. only bedroom stuff in all containers. May be this explaining WHY this building was burned  :)

Anyway, it's little cheating, in case in one floor i can found ~10 curtain.

And on 2nd floor there is door with barricade, BUT this door open only wall. Yep, there is no doorway, only wall behind the door.

post-11271-0-91561400-1396184956_thumb.j

However, on build 25 IWBMS branch, v3, my char. is perpetually bald, and there seem to be very few zombies around in the newb zone. Not sure if thats by design or not-- am going to begin exploring further. All I've really found are a few fridges full of food and a frying pan, so its an interesting start to say the least.

Bedford Falls spawn area can be a bit low on zombies @ start of a map / server. In MP the admins add a bit extra :).

Great map!

I might be of a bit, but i walked the route several times this morning. Note Bedford Falls V1 is a WIP-test. We should all be happy he made it available to the public Kaitel :)

Server is packed and enjoying all the towns :)

I will bribe Blindcoder and see if he can make a complete map (roads should be added soon i believe, not inter-connected atm).

it`s all good.

Seriously, I _have_ considered it, but tiling the entire Survival map (which would obviously be part of this) takes at _least_ 12 hours and has to be redone entirely with each updated cell. While it's still under construction that's just a waste of time and resources.

The cell coordinates map correctly to the survival map, though, which means that this road http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=BedfordFalls#0.12704634980238605,0.17523383531788733,33.10236907636869 is exactly here on the Survival map: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.7687846867807273,0.23388812559549008,18.48842588950363

It's possible to extrapolate from that.

Bedford Falls spawn area can be a bit low on zombies @ start of a map / server. In MP the admins add a bit extra :).

Great map!

Is there a tool for spawning zombies in SP?

Not that I know of thiosk.Maybe someone else knows how?

@ Doublebrain

Wrong topic man, but thanks :) (post it in the "Server forum" :)

@ Blindcoder

I had this feeling it would be tons of work :), thanks anyway. Well people, time to navigate (or use my crappy paint map, it already helped many :)

In steam I don't see a: iwillbackupmysave build in properties>betas. Should I use 25.b?

edit: I don't understand what to do. Do I put the whole map 'media' in the zomboid folder or just the 2 maps inside it (Lua, Maps). I still spawn on Muldraugh atm.

edit: nm I got it lol

If I may give a point of critique: I spawned in the north 2 times in a row (dunno if that's the only spawn or not) and got 5+axes, 5+saws, a gardening tool, 5+ hammers and 2300 and 800 nails in both saves. I found ALL of this in the area south of the spawn close to the bank (that gave me 3 shotguns and 200+ shotgun bullets). Way too easy at this stage of the game.