Bedford Falls (Test V2)

RingoD123

Look really cool but why does it replace Maldraugh? Are you able to have it as a completely separate map to choose from?

what movie is that??? (your avatar)

I can't remember but I think it might be from a Harold and Kumar movie.

Currently Bedford Falls hasn't been "meshed in" to the vanilla world properly, so when leaving BF from the west or north along the highways the roads will just end, the next version will have them joining to existing highways in the vanilla map. You can however still travel West to Muldraugh (about a 20-30 min irl hike through wilderness) or North West to West Point (about the same distance). I actually watched SirTwiggy make the LONG run from Bedford Falls to Muldraugh last night.

Ahh I see, that would explain why I can't seem to find it using WP as my spawn. I have messed around in Bedford using a non-zed exploratory sandbox, and it looks incredible and a much needed addition to the map, so I can only hope it gets meshed somewhat soon; I don't particularly like to decimate the mobs of zeds in cities, to make runs in and out more interesting, but now that my character has most, if not all, the supplies needed in his WP vicinity, I may just have to start taking that idea and throwing it out until the full release. Oh well, keep up the good work!

By the Gods I've done it... I've cut a path directly to Bedford, all within a few days IG... Danny Glover is amused! ^.^

Edit: There is only one thing left for Danny to do.... Build a massive wooden pathway through the forest where the logs are laid now, so I can have a true pathway to Bedford!!

Noticed a couple of potential mistakes, holes in a fence, a house with part of it's roof missing, two exact duplicate houses next to each other. But aside from that it's great to try a new map. It definately does lack a certain consistency that I've noted in the other two towns though.

i downloaded it, extracted it, moved it to my zomboid folder then selected extract here to be sure and made a new game on survival, I know i did something wrong with the load in beta branch and the overiding, how to i load it in the beta test branch thing

On steam right click on Project Zomboid and select properties. On the window that opens up go to the Beta tab on the right hand side and choose the one you're interested in. I think the current one is 2.5a and then there is a iwillbackupmysave one for the 3d models if I recall correctly. Is this what you were asking for 123Imirish?

On steam right click on Project Zomboid and select properties. On the window that opens up go to the Beta tab on the right hand side and choose the one you're interested in. I think the current one is 2.5a and then there is a iwillbackupmysave one for the 3d models if I recall correctly. Is this what you were asking for 123Imirish?

I figured that out but how to I overwrite the files

VIDEO TUTORIAL IF POSSIBLE

@TheVastatore: To revert back to the base map, right click on zomboid in steam and go to properties>local files and click "check integrity of games cache", this should re-install all files that have been edited/changed/replaced etc, if that doesnt work then an uninstall/reinstall of zomboid will do the trick for definate.

@123lmirish: once you have the iwillbackupmysave branch installed just unzip the mod into the pz install folder, overwriting all files when asked, then in game select Muldraugh, it will have the description for bedford falls and spawn you there.

@alicecooper: yes you have permission to run public MP servers with bedford falls, bear in mind though there is a few bugs here and there that will be fixed in the next version, ill add more spawn points too.

Thanks!

Quick question, running a linux dedicated server and I was wondering if I am placing the files in your *.rar in the right location. I assume I just add the maps files to the map directory on the server, but what about that folder with MainCreationMethod.lua file? The "Shared" and "NPC" folder don`t exist when I copy them to the LUA map on the server, is this correct?

And what exactly does the MainCreationMethod.lua  do? :)

Thanks again.