Bedford Falls (Test V2)

RingoD123

I tried to download it, I was so pumped! It looks great; but when I downloaded it, i went to open PZ and loaded the map, and when it loaded all it was, was land, no buildings, just land? Help?

Does Bedford Falls not work anymore? Because I tried to download it in my PZ installation folder and it's not appearing on my maps.

Same!!!!

Make sure that you have it placed in the right part of your install folder. If you've got it through steam, it'll look like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\maps

Make sure you aren't just putting the BedfordFallsV2 folder in there. Open that up and copy the bedford and muldraugh folders into your media\maps folder.

Hope that helps!

yes it worked, thanks so much! (fedora)

So did I read correctly that Trapping will not work on this map at all ???  (or on any player mod map)
sigh ... all that time I spent waiting for a bird to get caught in my stick traps >.<

what about Foraging ? will that work ?

... to everyone who worked on Bedford Falls .... it is absolutely wonderful ... thank you  ... it's beautiful

makes me want to research up some town where people are doing virus research and make a map of that area .... lol

So did I read correctly that Trapping will not work on this map at all ???  (or on any player mod map)

sigh ... all that time I spent waiting for a bird to get caught in my stick traps >.<

As far as I've seen, foraging doesn't work on this map. It came  out before foraging was possible, so it's missing whatever code that needs. I'd imagine that trapping is the same, but I've not tried yet.

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I've seen, foraging doesn't work on this map. It came  out before foraging was possible, so it's missing whatever code that needs. I'd imagine that trapping is the same, but I've not tried yet.

i think the reason for that is that the map doesn´t have the objects.lua file.

anyone can give us the  objects.lua file for bedfordfalls?

pd: sorry for my english i dont speak english very well

anyone can give us the objects.lua file for bedfordfalls?

Well no one can give you an objects.lua since no one has made it... It'll probably come with the next version.

anyone can give us the objects.lua file for bedfordfalls?

Well no one can give you an objects.lua since no one has made it... It'll probably come with the next version.

i was seeing the file and i think its not dificult to do the file, but is a hard work.i will try!

I love this map, except for all the Staircases of Doom. I now make my co-op friends go upstairs first, I've learned my lesson. Also, the area round the firing range/ helipad in the army base has a lot of glitches. the tower is in accessable, and has a SoD in the north west corner. The hangars nearby also have a deathrap in the office area upstairs. The barricades on the army base are also cosmetic only, you can climb right through, as can the undead. The building near the helipad have no doors, and the north most one has no floor. The 'elevator' in the hostpital was also a big surprise. In the south-west most brick building near the park, there is a 3 story doom staircase as well. the spiffos in the indoor mall near the police staion and army base has a door that opens into a wall.

Overall, very well put together map though. Lots of little details that make it feel much more alive (or formally at least) than the vanilla maps. Can't wait for v3.

I love this map, except for all the Staircases of Doom. I now make my co-op friends go upstairs first, I've learned my lesson. Also, the area round the firing range/ helipad in the army base has a lot of glitches. the tower is in accessable, and has a SoD in the north west corner. The hangars nearby also have a deathrap in the office area upstairs. The barricades on the army base are also cosmetic only, you can climb right through, as can the undead. The building near the helipad have no doors, and the north most one has no floor. The 'elevator' in the hostpital was also a big surprise. In the south-west most brick building near the park, there is a 3 story doom staircase as well. the spiffos in the indoor mall near the police staion and army base has a door that opens into a wall.

Overall, very well put together map though. Lots of little details that make it feel much more alive (or formally at least) than the vanilla maps. Can't wait for v3.

I recently played the map and I don't know why the airportterminal is not accessable. The deathtrap staircase is because the upper room has the same floor at the tower. I used the same floortiles at the military base and they are functional :( . Same at the controlroom in the hangar with the floor. I played the buildings in Last Stand and all rooms were accessable. If someone could test these buildings on another map I would be grateful!

The "tents" at the helipad don't have doors. The tents have no floors (similar to pavilons) they take the ground as floor where they are placed., so if there are trees and rocks inside then the tent was misplaced (or Erosion placed them there) ;) .

The "elevators" in the hospital  are deathtraps, sadly there aren't good door tiles to define them as elevator doors, so sorry :( . Never ever use elevators in an apocalypse!

• 2 months later...

I am having trouble properly downloading the map do i download directly into my project zomboid folder or do i have to unzip it into a specific file.

Download the mod and place the contents of the Muldraugh, KY folder into ---> Steam\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\maps\Muldraugh, KY

Click yes when prompted to overwrite.

and then place the Bedford Falls, KY folder into ---> Steam\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\maps

This is an awesome map. Good luck.

EDIT: sorry, a little misinformation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So does anyone know what's up with spawning in a part of Bedford falls entirely separate from the rest? On the map project the landmarks show up as dots but it's black. From what I can tell it's impossible to leave this small purgatory of Bedford

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

mk well got it to "work" here is the steps I did:

downloaded it and put it in as on SP

set the servertest.ini to show

map=Bedford Falls, KY

set spawnregions to show:

function SpawnRegions()
  return {
    { name = "Muldraugh, KY", file = "media/maps/Muldraugh, KY/spawnpoints.lua" },
    { name = "West Point, KY", file = "media/maps/West Point, KY/spawnpoints.lua" },
    { name = "Bedford Falls, KY", file = "media/maps/Bedford Falls, KY/spawnpoints.lua" },
  }
end

But now half the map (top half) is missing, any ideas? At least this is progress but, it aint fun with half the map gone lol

Alright after doing multiple other things such as:

Deleting my Zomboid folder

Changing around the settings of the servertest 

Trying to set Bedford falls as a mod (Doesn't work)

and just playing SP then MP over and over

I can now say that the part where bedford is cut off is the section where there was already map in game (So about 10% of the north map is gone) 

I know this may not seem like a big deal, but I would really like the whole map because it seems there are around 10-15 spawn points in the north making it where you have to find your way when spawned (which can be bad) 

Now what I think to be happening is somewhere the server is still caching map data and storing it (other than the zomboid folder) any idea where this could be? As the old part should be gone thanks to overwriting the map with your files (like how it works in SP) but, everytime the server seems to pull them from some unknown location..... Since you are a dev can you elaborate on this further?

wow! nice map, a lot of available home sites that has high walls easy to fortify 

usually at late game, when i have a sledge hammer, i destroy the stairs and i make wooden floor bridges from house to house. zombies cannot reach me and if one location is swarmed i just transfer to another house via the bridges, though, i have not yet build that in this map but i plan too... if i have the time :P.

i'll only die when zombies learn to climb sheet ropes XD (or die of carelessness)...probably in the future when there is an option in zombies navigation skill "living human like" or we get a "L4D zombie" option (relentless runners, can climb ladders, probably even sheet ropes) hahaha that would be a nightmare for me