Bedford Falls (Test V2)

RingoD123

im doing all of that and everytime i do that i run the server and it works then i run it again and it fails to start the server

happens to every server using bedfordfalls v2

here is a edit to the server.bat file to fix it for now

set olddir=%CD%CD "C:\Users\JonSyn\Zomboid\Multiplayer\servertest"del "map_meta.bin" CD "%olddir%"".\jre64\bin\java.exe" -Xms6048m -Xmx6048m -Djava.library.path=./ -cp lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;sqlitejdbc-v056.jar;trove-3.0.3.jar;./ zombie.network.GameServerPAUSE

change CD "C:\Users\JonSyn\Zomboid\Multiplayer\servertest" to point to your servertest folder

There's a ton of passable walls in the red building south of the seahorse coffee shop.

The brick diner with the backdoor patio eating area's brick gating is half-overwritten by natural forest tiles.

The giant hotel's clean lawn cuts abruptly into natural forest tiles, making a jarring square box.

All the doors that open directly into a tree? Hilarious.

The 24-hour grocery with the spiffo's burger sign next to the Pizza Whirled is half-filled with industrial goods, half-filled with food. The bathroom paint is also weird and not uniformly applied.

Some problems with this map (Bedford Falls v2) on multiplayer and zomboid build 27 #1.

Don't know if this is a map issue or something else...

Map chunks loading is slow and opened area (loaded chunks of map around a player) is small as well.

But after some time map chunks stop loading at all (not cells, just small chunks of the map) leaving players stucked in a small map-box and nothing could be done at this point (chunks won't load anymore). It's not a ram issue, as server have lots of free ram and java not using allocated to server 8gb of ram (-Xms8192m).

Meanwhile, Muldraugh and West Point cells and chunks are doing okay, it's just Bedford Falls and some changed (by Bedford Falls) Muldraugh cells have this issues.

Some problems with this map (Bedford Falls v2) on multiplayer and zomboid build 27 #1.

Map chunks loading is slow and opened area (loaded chunks of map around a player) is small as well.

But after some time map chunks stop loading at all (not cells, just small chunks of the map) leaving players stucked in a small map-box and nothing could be done at this point (chunks won't load anymore). It's not a ram issue, as server have lots of free ram and java not using allocated to server 8gb of ram (-Xms8192m).

Meanwhile, Muldraugh and West Point cells and chunks are doing okay, it's just Bedford Falls and some changed (by Bedford Falls) Muldraugh cells have this issues.

It's an internet issue. If the server's upload/download can't keep up with all the info it needs to handle, I think it starts dropping stuff and never picks them back up again. You can get this error with any map, as long as your server's internet connection sucks. It has nothing to do with CPU.

It's an internet issue. If the server's upload/download can't keep up with all the info it needs to handle, I think it starts dropping stuff and never picks them back up again. You can get this error with any map, as long as your server's internet connection sucks. It has nothing to do with CPU.

I would like it was so simple, but it isn't. I've already tested this probability by using client on the same computer through localhost: same issue (but this wasn't an issue from the begining as the server have a good internet connection - long monitoring and good statistics: no packet losses). As i've wrote, this happening only on Bedford Falls map (regardless of any conditions: fresh clean installation + Bedford Falls, firewall, direct ip, vpn). Other maps, including Dreadwood aren't affected at all.

yeah this problem is server side, unfortunately that's where my knowledge ends as I havn't got around to setting up and hosting a server. There are already a good few servers out there running Bedford Falls v2 with no issues so its not a map issue.

Best bet would be to check the Servers/Multiplayer forum for advice etc.

Hey texas, I contacted Pride a few weeks back now to try and get a version of Dreadwood that I could connect to Bedford but havnt had a reply (literally just need one road from Dreadwood extended about 20 tiles). Let me know if you have access to the source files for Dreadwood, if you do it'll only take about  an hour between us to knock out a combined version.

As for remaining map bugs (walk through walls, broken stairs etc), i'll get these started in the next few weeks and get a V3 out for you guys which will more or less be the final version, apart from when the vanilla map is updated and I move Bedford etc to a more unpopulated, final location.

Hello. I like then zombies are inside the house on normal map, becouse I like make a risk in survival game like this hame, becouse if zombies dont been in buildings, game for me is boring. So, on this version game and map zombis on this map are been in buildings? Sorry Im not English.

Is Bedford Falls still being worked on?

As for remaining map bugs (walk through walls, broken stairs etc), i'll get these started in the next few weeks and get a V3 out for you guys which will more or less be the final version, apart from when the vanilla map is updated and I move Bedford etc to a more unpopulated, final location.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah I am having a major issue with this file.

When I try a new game with this file, It either doesn't complete the load, or it loads the game with my character in a huge grass area that seems to stretch on forever.

I found a few pockets of forest and a little bit of road, (which looked like it was missing some gif, png or jpeg file) to complete the road, and that's it?

Huge map area, but no buildings nothing?

I finally got so frustrated trying to find areas of this new town I just quit.

I'm thinking that normally new characters are suppose to spawn in some area within the new town not in a grass area?