Bedford Falls (Test V2)

RingoD123

I'm having trouble playing this mod, I've downloaded it as instructed and am playing it through the iwillbackupmysave beta, and after loading i am spawned in a large field in which there appears to be nothing in any direction (after running around for a rather long time), please help!  

BedfordFalls spills out a error too

Exception occurs in checksum

Won't load or at least we can't spawn there. Is this working on b27 on mp or does it need updating?

gives following error when installed on server

java.nio.BufferOverflowException        at java.nio.Buffer.nextPutIndex(Buffer.java:513)        at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.put(HeapByteBuffer.java:163)        at zombie.iso.IsoMetaGrid.save(IsoMetaGrid.java:319)        at zombie.iso.IsoMetaGrid.save(IsoMetaGrid.java:833)        at zombie.network.ServerMap.SaveAll(ServerMap.java:117)        at zombie.network.ServerMap.preupdate(ServerMap.java:624)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:311)

check this thread out okeer: http://theindiestone.com/forum/index.php/topic/8899-mulitple-mods-loading-and-bedford-falls-exception/

some good info on how to successfully install Bedford falls onto a server with the latest build, although for buffer overflow exceptions, changing your memory settings to allocate more/less RAM may help too.

The link gives me a 404 error, sure you copied the right thing? Was my thread anyway you're linking me too which didnt help me that much.

I managed to get Bedford installed last day, but now we're encountering blank plains in Bedford in middle of everything else beeing right. (Copied the files into server-files like the old way, not as a mod)

Seems like lots wont load up right, rear half of buildings missing but shadows for "there should be a building" are still there...

Awesome map, but it seems to lag and stutter for me a bit, especially when rendering multiple buildings or when i'm in a high floor/roof.

Now, my computer isn't exactly beefy but it runs muldraught and west point pretty smoothly, so i would appreciate if there's something that can be done. Also, i found various bugs and improperly placed objects in buildings, do i report them here or in some other topic?

check this thread out okeer: http://theindiestone.com/forum/index.php/topic/8899-mulitple-mods-loading-and-bedford-falls-exception/

some good info on how to successfully install Bedford falls onto a server with the latest build, although for buffer overflow exceptions, changing your memory settings to allocate more/less RAM may help too.

The link gives me a 404 error, sure you copied the right thing? Was my thread anyway you're linking me too which didnt help me that much.

I managed to get Bedford installed last day, but now we're encountering blank plains in Bedford in middle of everything else beeing right. (Copied the files into server-files like the old way, not as a mod)

Seems like lots wont load up right, rear half of buildings missing but shadows for "there should be a building" are still there...

have to start a new map and char i believe.

Here's a couple of bugged buildings/spots i have found:

In the kind of mini mall (not sure how to call it since my native language isn't english) here http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=BedfordFallsV2#0.5572582687857994,0.21608879750455992,12.900238422358179 the door in the spiffo's inside it is bugged, since it's made entirely of big windows with a door placed inside one, forcing you to break a window to get in. Also, there seem to be 0 zombies spawning in there, which i think is overpowered since there's so much valuable loot in there and you can fortify it easily ;

The church directly north of the last link also has some bugs: some sheds in the cemetary have transparent doors, while others have transparent walls meaning you can pass through them;

in the 7 floor hotel here http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=BedfordFallsV2#0.4875323615187239,0.22510491521858952,22.803836813969415, in the third or fourth floor (too lazy to go in game and check the exact floor) as soon as you go up the stairs there's no guardrail on your left, which led to me falling off while getting chased by a zombie (i survived fortunately, but with a broken leg :/ )

I know it's kind of vague, but some houses in this area  http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=BedfordFallsV2#0.21486052677274767,0.19580140822386083,26.749934392601915 have a visual bug in the some second storey rooms, some triangle like figures in the walls (sorry but i can't remember the exact buildings)

Overall, i think there's not enought zombies spawning inside high-value buildings, making it easy to loot and/or make a very safe safe house. I still haven't explored the whole map, so if i discover more bugged buildings/spots i'll report them here. Hope i helped.

how do i download this map onto my server?

Read below, its the same for hosting with your server. Though you can't really download it onto your server. You will have to shut down the server install this map then re host your server(Hard reset).

Unzip the file into your "Project Zomboid" install folder, overwriting all files etc as you go.

Load the game up and select your starting location. You can now choose between Muldraugh, West Point and Bedford Falls. Bedford Falls also includes random spawn points now too.

Download:

(Its the big orange "Download Now" button)

ENJOY! <3

im doing all of that and everytime i do that i run the server and it works then i run it again and it fails to start the server

Are you using the admin account to /quit to shut down the server? I'm not to sure about hosting servers, but it might be worth a try.