Bedford Falls (Test V2)

RingoD123

Hello

I downloaded the map file. However when I try to open it up on my mac, my mac is telling me I need some program called crossover. Crossover tells me I need to buy their program in order to use it. I do not want to pay sixty dollars in order to open a map file.

Okay, so I've played about 5-8 hours of this map and there's only 2 bugs I've found. A: Diners, Every Diner I found had non-solid walls. B: Tattoo Parlor, One of the Tattoo Parlors I found had windows you can't see though. Sorry about not including coordinates, Didn't really have the tools to do so.

Been playing on this map for pretty much the whole day and it is epic! Just a coupla gripes that you are probably already aware of...stairs that are directly above/below seem to cause problems when you attempt to go back down. For example in this (see A) building. Oh and would there be some way to maybe make a wall texture look like an elevator door instead of actual doors? After I got to the upper-most floor I settled in in the penthouse, realized I couldn't get down. Started exploring for enough sheets to make a sheet rope to the ground and suddenly found myself falling 7 floors to my doom down an elevator shaft...I blinked for a few seconds and then cracked up laughing... :oops:

A: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=BedfordFallsV2#0.2930687871368344,0.24414361679874255,25.635791016870566

Okay, so I've played about 5-8 hours of this map and there's only 2 bugs I've found. A: Diners, Every Diner I found had non-solid walls. B: Tattoo Parlor, One of the Tattoo Parlors I found had windows you can't see though. Sorry about not including coordinates, Didn't really have the tools to do so.

If you jump on Blindcoders awesome map you are able to zoom in and copy the url to exactly mark where you were...one way to do it if you don't have anything for the coords. 

Like so: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=BedfordFallsV2#0.4010742435582648,0.30199907623551353,63.79005150309935

Been playing on this map for pretty much the whole day and it is epic! Just a coupla gripes that you are probably already aware of...stairs that are directly above/below seem to cause problems when you attempt to go back down. For example in this (see A) building. Oh and would there be some way to maybe make a wall texture look like an elevator door instead of actual doors? After I got to the upper-most floor I settled in in the penthouse, realized I couldn't get down. Started exploring for enough sheets to make a sheet rope to the ground and suddenly found myself falling 7 floors to my doom down an elevator shaft...I blinked for a few seconds and then cracked up laughing... :oops:

A: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=BedfordFallsV2#0.2930687871368344,0.24414361679874255,25.635791016870566

Hmm, I fixed the stairbug in this building since Ringo mentioned it in my thread. Maybe he's using the old one instead of the newer. I'll look up for it :) .

Oh and would there be some way to maybe make a wall texture look like an elevator door instead of actual doors?

There exist a wall texture of an elevator, but you can't go through or open it (there is a trick that would allow you to pass through the wall/door and you'll fall). I used these kind of doors, because the survivor has a chance to see if the elevator is on the current floor. If there will be some working elevator doors in future times, I'll add these.

If you're intrested how I made the elevator look here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/7520-siebens-little-how-to-i-made-some-stuff-for-buildings/#entry98916

Edit: He's using my old unfixed version of this building :(

Edited by Sieben

Hmm, I fixed the stairbug in this building since Ringo mentioned it in my thread. Maybe he's using the old one instead of the newer. I'll look up for it :) .

Oh and would there be some way to maybe make a wall texture look like an elevator door instead of actual doors?

There exist a wall texture of an elevator, but you can't go through or open it (there is a trick that would allow you to pass through the wall/door and you'll fall). I used these kind of doors, because the survivor has a chance to see if the elevator is on the current floor. If there will be some working elevator doors in future times, I'll add these.

If you're intrested how I made the elevator look here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/7520-siebens-little-how-to-i-made-some-stuff-for-buildings/#entry98916

Edit: He's using my old unfixed version of this building :(

Hey mate, thanks for the quick reply! Love the building aye! Playing on a max zombie population (albeit shamblers only) map and am slowly turning the place into a fortress. I turned the elevator shafts into rope ladder escape routes, been sandbagging certain hallways (I had the wrong weapon equipped and accidentally fired my winchester instead of swinging my axe...so now the bottom levels are swarming with zed) and dropping certain staircases to turn it into a long, drawn-out killing funnel. After I finally make a dumb mistake and die I think I might try a normal population (sprinters) map and see how long I can last in the same building!

Edit: Oh and Sieben...the apartment full of flags, a mounted deer-head, barricaded windows and all the shoddy hand-built furniture...gotta say few place have quite caught my attention for their sheer character then that one apartment. A mate found it on his play-through and guided me too it. He said "I wonder how long they survived in there before the zombies got them?" I laughed and said "given the design choices I would say it was probably like that before the zombies started showing up" haha

This town is becoming good enough to be a part of the original game to be honest lol, maybe included as a pre-installed mod along with vanilla?

It would certainly not detract from the game in any way, I used to love games that came with one or two mods, that is how I got into modding, didn't even know about it when I was a little kid until I played a bundled mod and was like "Woah! You mean we can change stuff in the game?!". Think of like the special maps that came with warcraft 3 for instance.

I get this error everytime i go to start my test server with bedford installed

http://prntscr.com/3erqk9

Exactly same problem... (Reported as well)

I bet if you delete the "servertest" folder, you can open the server.

But the next time you want open again, this error comes.

This town is becoming good enough to be a part of the original game to be honest lol, maybe included as a pre-installed mod along with vanilla?

It would certainly not detract from the game in any way, I used to love games that came with one or two mods, that is how I got into modding, didn't even know about it when I was a little kid until I played a bundled mod and was like "Woah! You mean we can change stuff in the game?!". Think of like the special maps that came with warcraft 3 for instance.

This map is very beautiful ... And so is Dreadwood, the other community map.

It will be perfect if both maps become official part of the game.

They expand the whole game largely.

This map is very beautiful ... And so is Dreadwood, the other community map.

It will be perfect if both maps become official part of the game.

They expand the whole game largely.

I like to see that too :) . The only problem I've with it that there is no concept in the city/ buildings. It's like there is one canvas and 10+ artists and all are free to paint their impressions on it :D .

RingoD made a great job to sort and place the buildings ;) . Suomiboi made a better decision and said he want this and this kind of building in this style for his community map "Radcliff"

Anyway, as integration in the vanilla map or as selectable seperate working map it doesn't matter, it should be definitly part of the game :D

I extracted the files into the zomboid folder and still doesn't show up in game. theres no tutorial which would be super helpful. anyidea what I did wrong. I'm getting frustrated been trying to get this to work for 2 days.

It doesn't show up in the list of mods ingame unless you make it a mod. 

Heres a step by step guide for windows on how to make it a Mod that shows up ingame that can be turned on an off (and doesn't get overwritten with every game patch) Please note that this guide is for a vanilla install of Project Zomboid. 

1) Download BedfordFallsV2.zip

2) go to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\Zomboid\mods 

3) Create Folder called 'Bedford Falls'

4) Unzip 'media' folder into 'C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\Zomboid\mods\Bedford Falls'

5) Create file called mod.info inside 'C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\Zomboid\mods\Bedford Falls' (you can do this by creating a text document and just changing the extension)

6) Open mod.info and add the following.

name=Bedford Fallsid=bedfordfallsdescription=Bedford Falls

7) Save mod.info

Now when you start project zomboid you should be able to go into the MODS list and activate or deactivate the map. Previous game saves of the other installation method (just unzipping in the PZ folder) should be compatible (at least all of mine were). With the new Servers (build 26) you can also use this method to run the mod on Multiplayer. Earlier versions will need to use the other installation method in order to run the map through MP.

These are the most clear directions I've ever seen but for some reason I am still messing it up somewhere along the way. 

When I load into Bedford Falls, it either stops loading at, " This is how you died", or loads me into a huge empty grass field with withe random zombies. 

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Hi, having the same problem. Running on a Mac, please may someone create a guide to install Bedford Falls V2 for mac users. Appreciated!

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=BedfordFallsV2#0.3796597626426069,0.34086489799359826,26.62333328088523

There are some missing textures on the house on the left (on the walls, 2 black squares on the floor in fornt of the front door)

In both buildings, i am unable to go up the stairs. i go to the top of the stairs but am stopped by an invisible wall of sorts. so i cannot go to the second floor. Therefore maknig the apartment levels unlootable sadly. Was hoping to loot the building.

9PXygA9.jpg

obYtRwa.jpg

also, i am not sure if the crops and water collection barrels are jsut deoration or usable. If they are meant to be usable, i cannot finda way to use them. Right click does not seem to work.

sx8Xvk3.jpg

Extra image of non climbable stairs. plus some light texture glitches with graffiti?

VEmtbQk.jpg

I extracted the files into the zomboid folder and still doesn't show up in game. theres no tutorial which would be super helpful. anyidea what I did wrong. I'm getting frustrated been trying to get this to work for 2 days.

It doesn't show up in the list of mods ingame unless you make it a mod. 

Heres a step by step guide for windows on how to make it a Mod that shows up ingame that can be turned on an off (and doesn't get overwritten with every game patch) Please note that this guide is for a vanilla install of Project Zomboid. 

1) Download BedfordFallsV2.zip

2) go to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\Zomboid\mods 

3) Create Folder called 'Bedford Falls'

4) Unzip 'media' folder into 'C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\Zomboid\mods\Bedford Falls'

5) Create file called mod.info inside 'C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\Zomboid\mods\Bedford Falls' (you can do this by creating a text document and just changing the extension)

6) Open mod.info and add the following.

name=Bedford Fallsid=bedfordfallsdescription=Bedford Falls

7) Save mod.info

Now when you start project zomboid you should be able to go into the MODS list and activate or deactivate the map. Previous game saves of the other installation method (just unzipping in the PZ folder) should be compatible (at least all of mine were). With the new Servers (build 26) you can also use this method to run the mod on Multiplayer. Earlier versions will need to use the other installation method in order to run the map through MP.

These are the most clear directions I've ever seen but for some reason I am still messing it up somewhere along the way. 

When I load into Bedford Falls, it either stops loading at, " This is how you died", or loads me into a huge empty grass field with withe random zombies. 

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Hi, having the same problem. Running on a Mac, please may someone create a guide to install Bedford Falls V2 for mac users. Appreciated!

Hi, the process should be the same for Mac users, the only difference would be the directory. From what I understand of Macs (which is virtually nothing since I haven't touched one in the past 15 years) the Directory for the Mods folder would be Macintosh HD\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\Zomboid\Mods and then just follow along the instructions above except replace the windows directory with the mac one.

I am having a problem hosting server. (The server is private used for my friends and I)

I opened a topic in support sub-forum.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/7775-server-cannot-start-up-again-after-closing-it-unable-to-continue-server-save/

Now I believe this is related with the new map since it shows a number "43 , 33" which is the number of the cell where the new military building and water treatment building are located. I didn't have similar problem with v.1 but only with v.2.

Any idea please?

Now with build 26, the error message also got update, although not fixed.

Maybe it helps a bit to understand why it happened with a more describing line.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: map_meta.bin world size (1145393987x1) does not match the current map size (23x26)

at....

Please, I need help. I still cannot open multiplayer server with this version 2 map, as re-opening the server after first time play is not successful.

error_build_26_bf_v2.jpg

I am having a problem hosting server. (The server is private used for my friends and I)

I opened a topic in support sub-forum.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/7775-server-cannot-start-up-again-after-closing-it-unable-to-continue-server-save/

Now I believe this is related with the new map since it shows a number "43 , 33" which is the number of the cell where the new military building and water treatment building are located. I didn't have similar problem with v.1 but only with v.2.

Any idea please?

Now with build 26, the error message also got update, although not fixed.

Maybe it helps a bit to understand why it happened with a more describing line.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: map_meta.bin world size (1145393987x1) does not match the current map size (23x26)

at....

Please, I need help. I still cannot open multiplayer server with this version 2 map, as re-opening the server after first time play is not successful.

error_build_26_bf_v2.jpg

Try verifying your PZ cache. Go to your steam and click properties on PZ, then verify steam.

I have a problem with Bedford some of the map is missing. I had never been in this area before today. 

Vaguely, it's these two areas:    Screenshot2014-05-08065718_zpsda86ca53.p

Every other part of the map seems fine however. 

More screenshots, up close and personal.

Screenshot2014-05-08072546_zps004f5f8a.p

Screenshot2014-05-08072535_zps9899012a.p

Screenshot2014-05-08072535_zps9899012a.p

Thank you in advance.