Bedford Falls (Test V2)

RingoD123

Hi RingoD123.

I found two buildings in Bedford Falls, where a door entrance was missing.

I pointed it out on the map, via a closeup picture and the coords, where the problem is.

ALIVE INSIDE - no entrance ca.:
Coords:  13580x8212
Cell:       45x27
Rel:       8012
- This building i partly burned down. It's a building with several apartments. On the first floor, there's a barricaded door. I tried open it, with no luck. So I tried smashing my way trough the barricades, but that only resulted in the door braking instead. When the door broke, I saw the problem. There's no whole in the wall for the door to be. Only the barricades are left on the wall.

No entrance ca.:
Coords:  13614x8115
Rel:       114x15

- This one is a home, where the backside is not accessible, unless you smash a window. I believe it should have been part of the whole building, but when you are in the kitchen there is no access to the rest of the house on the street-level.

Thank you for the good work you are doing. I enjoy this game a lot :)

post-11931-0-24878500-1397998146_thumb.j

post-11931-0-72481200-1397998150_thumb.p

post-11931-0-04004300-1397998155_thumb.j

post-11931-0-46390500-1397998160_thumb.j

with my server online, me and my friends are in Muldraugh, with V2 of Belford can we walk there or we have to die and choose to spawn there ?

You can walk there, but I would recommend running.. 

THIS road links up to THIS road (in version 2, it is in a different location for version 1.)

Ran it to confirm.

Cell 45,36

The upper floors of the firestation are inaccessable. The stairs are blocked on the ground floor due to the containers located directly beneath the the stairs. I get stuck at the top of the stairs from the ground floor, and there are a few containers in the loot window. I determined these containers are the ones located beneath the stairs by placing unique items in each container, and checking at top of stairs.

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=BedfordFalls#0.40079318036642536,0.2774676619927745,47.6674114699709

Many of the light switches/light sources don't work in this house. Most of the first floor is pitch black at night, exceptions being the kitchen and storage area out back.

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=BedfordFalls#0.3935024396565969,0.2916530922148639,33.10236907636869

Cells 45,35 , 45,36 , 46,35 , 46,36

A lot of light switches/light sources in buildings don't work at all. The switches make noise when toggled, but there's no light. I can't recall exactly which buildings they were all in.

Additionally there have been multiple occasions in residential houses where the doors to kitchens have been blocked by kitchen cupboards/benches, so in some homes, the only access into kitchens is via the window. Also, a lot of (if not all) homes seem to lack showers/bathtubs. I don't know if all of this is a design issue when the buildings were made, or if the furniture/fixtures are randomly spawned in, but it doesn't make sense from a realism point of view.

While not a bug, my only gripe with the map is all the long grass. Seeing as there's no option (yet) to cut long grass, it makes building/farming kind of annoying.

Looks as though your reporting bugs from V1 of Bedford Falls Gomboid, the Fire station and kitchen access were fixed for V2.

Theres not much i can do about light switches not working, a room either has a light switch or doesnt, if there is one there but it doesnt work then you can probably guess that the bulb is gone :-D

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=BedfordFalls#0.4880466754264103,0.30345644486778856,93.77289377289378

when you walk up these steps, at the top you seem to fall down a flight leading to the broken bone moodle

Cheers, fixed for next version

Hi RingoD123.

I pointed it out on the map, via a closeup picture and the coords, where the problem is.

- This building i partly burned down. It's a building with several apartments. On the first floor, there's a barricaded door. I tried open it, with no luck. So I tried smashing my way trough the barricades, but that only resulted in the door braking instead. When the door broke, I saw the problem. There's no whole in the wall for the door to be. Only the barricades are left on the wall.

No entrance ca.:

- This one is a home, where the backside is not accessible, unless you smash a window. I believe it should have been part of the whole building, but when you are in the kitchen there is no access to the rest of the house on the street-level.

Cheers! fixed, and fixed!

Hi RingoD123.

No entrance ca.:

Cheers! fixed, and fixed!

Wow, that was super fast. Now this is why I enjoy this game more than the game itself. You really care and want to make a great game. Thanks guys!

Here's Bedford Falls V2 on the Project Zomboid Map Project:

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=BedfordFallsV2

Enjoy :-)

Thank you so much for this :D I was needing this and was just waiting and hoping for it to come soon ^^ Can't wait to get to the new areas in Bedford.

Okay, I may be the only one who was wondering this, but the lake is fishable in and this works in build 26 without any problems that I have found.

Also... in the mall HERE that door on the second floor is the control room. The roof itself is not solid, so if you exit the control room through that door you fall and hurt yourself. 

Just a idea, but how about a second marker set for bugs on the map?

We could just post it there (with description of course) and the map developer could easily look where bugs are. Since once implemented on blindcoders map it would be a feature for all maps in there.

Less work, better usability imho

Just a idea, but how about a second marker set for bugs on the map?

We could just post it there (with description of course) and the map developer could easily look where bugs are. Since once implemented on blindcoders map it would be a feature for all maps in there.

Less work, better usability imho

That's a nice idea, but poses a problem:

The website uses static data only. There's no database behind it, mostly because it would slow things down too much. That also means that there's no way to share data. The only not-quite-but-still-somewhat static part is the POI submission, which is a script writing to a text file.

For some reason I can't see my crops. They should be there, because I can water them and see info, but I can't see them. I'm afraid to step on them (the get damaged of that right?).

I've tried with potatoes and tomatoes. Is this a bug I should report here or? - Because I'm still playing in Bedford Falls :)

Okay, I may be the only one who was wondering this, but the lake is fishable in and this works in build 26 without any problems that I have found.

Also... in the mall HERE that door on the second floor is the control room. The roof itself is not solid, so if you exit the control room through that door you fall and hurt yourself. 

Thanks Saranis, this is now fixed for the next version!

<3

For some reason I can't see my crops. They should be there, because I can water them and see info, but I can't see them. I'm afraid to step on them (the get damaged of that right?).

I've tried with potatoes and tomatoes. Is this a bug I should report here or? - Because I'm still playing in Bedford Falls :)

I think thats a bug with .26 that was fixed with a hotfix yesterday.

Thanks Blindcoder, damn that was fast work! :-D <3

You may have to go back and check the markers that you copied from version 1. Things like the Police Station and Diner #10 have moved. I can't tell is Diner #9 is still accurate but it doesn't appear so.

Thanks for the notice, I'll check.

I extracted the files into the zomboid folder and still doesn't show up in game. theres no tutorial which would be super helpful. anyidea what I did wrong. I'm getting frustrated been trying to get this to work for 2 days.

It doesn't show up in the list of mods ingame unless you make it a mod. 

Heres a step by step guide for windows on how to make it a Mod that shows up ingame that can be turned on an off (and doesn't get overwritten with every game patch) Please note that this guide is for a vanilla install of Project Zomboid. 

1) Download BedfordFallsV2.zip

2) go to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\Zomboid\mods 

3) Create Folder called 'Bedford Falls'

4) Unzip 'media' folder into 'C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\Zomboid\mods\Bedford Falls'

5) Create file called mod.info inside 'C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\Zomboid\mods\Bedford Falls' (you can do this by creating a text document and just changing the extension)

6) Open mod.info and add the following.

name=Bedford Fallsid=bedfordfallsdescription=Bedford Falls

7) Save mod.info

Now when you start project zomboid you should be able to go into the MODS list and activate or deactivate the map. Previous game saves of the other installation method (just unzipping in the PZ folder) should be compatible (at least all of mine were). With the new Servers (build 26) you can also use this method to run the mod on Multiplayer. Earlier versions will need to use the other installation method in order to run the map through MP.

I extracted the files into the zomboid folder and still doesn't show up in game. theres no tutorial which would be super helpful. anyidea what I did wrong. I'm getting frustrated been trying to get this to work for 2 days.

It doesn't show up in the list of mods ingame unless you make it a mod. 

Heres a step by step guide for windows on how to make it a Mod that shows up ingame that can be turned on an off (and doesn't get overwritten with every game patch) Please note that this guide is for a vanilla install of Project Zomboid. 

1) Download BedfordFallsV2.zip

2) go to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\Zomboid\mods 

3) Create Folder called 'Bedford Falls'

4) Unzip 'media' folder into 'C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\Zomboid\mods\Bedford Falls'

5) Create file called mod.info inside 'C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\Zomboid\mods\Bedford Falls' (you can do this by creating a text document and just changing the extension)

6) Open mod.info and add the following.

name=Bedford Fallsid=bedfordfallsdescription=Bedford Falls

7) Save mod.info

Now when you start project zomboid you should be able to go into the MODS list and activate or deactivate the map. Previous game saves of the other installation method (just unzipping in the PZ folder) should be compatible (at least all of mine were). With the new Servers (build 26) you can also use this method to run the mod on Multiplayer. Earlier versions will need to use the other installation method in order to run the map through MP.

These are the most clear directions I've ever seen but for some reason I am still messing it up somewhere along the way. 

When I load into Bedford Falls, it either stops loading at, " This is how you died", or loads me into a huge empty grass field with withe random zombies. 

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?