Bedford Falls (Test V2)

RingoD123

Hey Ringo, I am having trouble getting the  Bedford Falls to load for me.  I have extracted the files and placed them into the Zomboid folder on my HD but  when I start a new game  I  start in Mul.  I have updated to the IWBUMS 25.a branch and I have also uninstalled PZ and reinstalled it and upgraded back up to the  25.a branch.  I have also removed all my saves from  the game folders and still am unable to get the map to load.   So I am kind of at a loss here as to what else I can try to see if I can get it working. 

All you need to do is make sure your running the [iwillbackupmysave] branch through steam and unzip the file directly into your PZ install folder (generally c:\program files(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\projectzomboid on 64bit or c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\projectzomboid on 32bit ). Then just start a new game, you should see the description for Muldraugh has the text for Bedford Falls instead, select muldraugh as your spawn point and you will actually spawn in the north of Bedford Falls.

All you need to do is make sure your running the [iwillbackupmysave] branch through steam and unzip the file directly into your PZ install folder (generally c:\program files(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\projectzomboid on 64bit or c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\projectzomboid on 32bit ). Then just start a new game, you should see the description for Muldraugh has the text for Bedford Falls instead, select muldraugh as your spawn point and you will actually spawn in the north of Bedford Falls.

Let's say you were playing on a Mac...where would you extract it in that case?  Found the PZ folder with the app in it, steam\steamapps\common\projectzomboid, but tried extracting it there and no go.  Thanks!

In the building coordinated 13589,8227,

every storage even fridges and ovens spawn pillow, bath towel and sheet....

Please, we need food or weapons...

Btw, very huge and well-designed map with detailed, beautiful buildings.

Appreciate the effort so much.

Quick update, a lot of duplicated buildings have now been replaced, i may still replace a few more duplicated houses although they are already a lot fewer and further between.

The military area to the North of Bedford Falls is almost now complete too, just a bit of detailing to finish around the outskirts.

Probably only 2 or 3 days before i can get V2 out to you guys for testing.

All previously reported bugs, and all the ones i found myself have been fixed, thats not to say V2 will be completely bug free however.

Here's a pic:

post-66-0-48824000-1397500786_thumb.jpg 

How do i get stairs down? I just "installed" bedford falls for my build 25 and was heading there. after i finally reached it i went into that 7 floor office building just a few feets north east to "Large office building" POI. Once on the 7th floor i noticed i cant go down again. from 7th to 6th floor stairs work fine. but when trying to descend to 5th floor, nothing happens. it seems like the stairs to go up hinders me to go down... i tried both stairs in the building, the one in the center and the one at the south, but nothing worked.

so, anyone has an idea on how to go down multiple stairs? As i have no nails in my inventory and only 4 sheet ropes, i cant use the windows as an exit or else i die. please tell me there is a way to get out of the building alive so my nicely leveled char dont has to commit suicide...

OP updated with V2 of Bedford Falls! Have at it!!!! <3

Whats New?

Well, lots of buildings bugs have been fixed, a lot of duplicated buildings have been swapped out for previously unused ones, a large military area and water treatment facility has been added to the north of Bedford Falls, the town itself has been placed in its final (until the vanilla map expands this far) place and just needs a bit more love to join it up with the vanilla map properly. Bedford Falls is now also its own spawn location alongside West Point and Muldraugh (it no longer replaces Muldraugh as a spawn) and also has a variety of random spawn locations.

There may still be some buildings with bugged walls etc.

as great as this news is, and this really is great, especially the fact it now has it's own spawn points......

you can't throw in a line like

(until the vanilla map expands this fay)

and not get questions about it.

Thanks for the update, RingoD. Awesome to have it separate from Muldraugh now.

I noticed in survival mode the zombies were still quite scarce. When I switched to sandbox and put zeds to high it seemed to be what I would expect on normal.

Really enjoying the map. Keep up the good work.

Edit: Scratch that. Played a lot more and they seem to be flooding the streets now lol.

Cell 45,36

The upper floors of the firestation are inaccessable. The stairs are blocked on the ground floor due to the containers located directly beneath the the stairs. I get stuck at the top of the stairs from the ground floor, and there are a few containers in the loot window. I determined these containers are the ones located beneath the stairs by placing unique items in each container, and checking at top of stairs.

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=BedfordFalls#0.40079318036642536,0.2774676619927745,47.6674114699709

Many of the light switches/light sources don't work in this house. Most of the first floor is pitch black at night, exceptions being the kitchen and storage area out back.

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=BedfordFalls#0.3935024396565969,0.2916530922148639,33.10236907636869

Cells 45,35 , 45,36 , 46,35 , 46,36

A lot of light switches/light sources in buildings don't work at all. The switches make noise when toggled, but there's no light. I can't recall exactly which buildings they were all in.

Additionally there have been multiple occasions in residential houses where the doors to kitchens have been blocked by kitchen cupboards/benches, so in some homes, the only access into kitchens is via the window. Also, a lot of (if not all) homes seem to lack showers/bathtubs. I don't know if all of this is a design issue when the buildings were made, or if the furniture/fixtures are randomly spawned in, but it doesn't make sense from a realism point of view.

While not a bug, my only gripe with the map is all the long grass. Seeing as there's no option (yet) to cut long grass, it makes building/farming kind of annoying.

Great map, I had great fun yesterday when we tried this in our multiplayer server. Huge amount of zombies (about only times when zombies have managed to kill us properly!), and you said there could be even more...? *-*

Of course we managed to get our squad killed few times by throwing ourselves from what seemed to be a staircase but what actually was a shaft, lol.

Haven't tested this one yet, but is it possible to assign a custom spawnpoint like in normal multiplayer?

I am having a problem hosting server. (The server is private used for my friends and I)

I opened a topic in support sub-forum.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/7775-server-cannot-start-up-again-after-closing-it-unable-to-continue-server-save/

Now I believe this is related with the new map since it shows a number "43 , 33" which is the number of the cell where the new military building and water treatment building are located. I didn't have similar problem with v.1 but only with v.2.

Any idea please?

servererror.jpg