Add a modifier to sandbox settings to cap the number of respawned zombies

MarryZ

Hi,

I think a big part of the community including myself doesn't really enjoy how zombie respawns work atm and turn them off completely. Currently, no matter how you change your sandbox settings, zombies will over the course of time always end up populating an area again to where it's as populated as it was when you first cleared it. 

I think the problem most players have with that is, that it feels like progress is getting erased. On the other hand I think turning of respawns completely makes it not as exciting. Even a seemingly quiet and empty city should keep you on edge not knowing if there's a zombie thats wandered in is waiting in a blindspot. With respawns off it doesn't feel like the zombie migration that's currently in the game does a good job with that.

My idea:

Add another modifier in the sandbox setting that allows you to set a % that is a cap on how many repawned zombies can spawn. So setting it to 0.1 means you'll only ever get up to 10% of the previous population in that zone.

That way you can't just rush mindlessly rush through a previously cleared area, but you also don't come back to McCoy a month later having to clear it all over again.

Edited by MarryZ

• MarryZ changed the title to Add a modifier to sandbox settings to cap the number of respawned zombies

That does seem like a good idea however the one problem with that though is having a zombie spawn inside of your base. I really didn't know how the respawn system worked and I'd go to sleep and wake up the next day, open the bedroom door and "PANIC" a zombie is in the room next to me.

• 2 weeks later...