[41.78] Barricading xp doesn't get boosted by reading books.

Ashery

While stuck indoors due to dense fog on a serious character, I decided to start working on metalworking by barricading and unbarricading a window in my safehouse.

Fast Learner, 3x multiplier from reading a book, and barricading gave me 1.95xp. That would be the expected 1.5xp x 1.3 from Fast Learner with no book modifier.

Weird. I hear the occasional comment about book xp boosts bugging out, so figure this might be one of those cases. I load up a test character to check things out more.

2.7x multiplier from a book...and I get 1.5xp again.

I decide to try out plank barricades. This character has Handy, so they have a baseline +400% xp boost to carpentry. Sure enough, building a plank barricade gives 3xp (0.75 x 4).

I read a carpentry book a bit to get a 2x multiplier. Building a plank barricade still gives me 3xp.

So, the bonus xp from being proficient in a skill gets applied, but not the books.

I create a new test character to test this hypothesis further, this time a metalworker.

With the full bonus from starting with +3 metalworking, building a barricade gives me 9.96xp.

Reading a metalworking book to get a 0.5x multiplier, and a barricade still gives me 9.96xp.

Reading the book to get a 1.5x multiplier and, yet again, 9.96xp.

So, this is pretty clearly a bug with barricading. Deconstructing had its xp gains properly modified by the book multipliers.

The game is completely unmodded.