Brave people throw themselves from the windows - Brave Trait

Raul_

I do see the value in such a move in some situations, don't get me wrong - I just want to point out that it should bring all the risks of killing yourself by executing this last resort move, because that's what it should be.

As you said, better than being zombiefood (for the moment) but jumping through a closed window (in the 90s probably dual-pane glass) may very well break a bone, cut some artery or damage your eyes which would take you back to square one, as the undead will be pouring through the broken window right after you.

What we are realistically talking about is "die for sure by getting dragged down in the room" vs. "most probably die outside by being too slow to escape".

I'd guess there is only a very slim chance getting away with only minor wounds.

Edited by getstoopid

20 hours ago, getstoopid said:

I do see the value in such a move in some situations, don't get me wrong - I just want to point out that it should bring all the risks of killing yourself by executing this last resort move, because that's what it should be.

As you said, better than being zombiefood (for the moment) but jumping through a closed window (in the 90s probably dual-pane glass) may very well break a bone, cut some artery or damage your eyes which would take you back to square one, as the undead will be pouring through the broken window right after you.

What we are realistically talking about is "die for sure by getting dragged down in the room" vs. "most probably die outside by being too slow to escape".

I'd guess there is only a very slim chance getting away with only minor wounds.

Yes today's windows are hard to break but back then they were fragile, most were single pane windows and not 44.2 tempered glass, I'm working for a windows manufacturer, so I kinda have a bit of knowledge in this field, even with a crowbar you're gonna have a hard time to break those windows because they act like windshields, they don't shatter, they create like a web pattern. Anyway keep in mind that we're not talking about brand new houses from the 90s but 60's 70's houses, especially in rather small towns like Muldraugh, Westpoint, Riverside...

Also by judging on how easy zombies can break windows with just their fists (and your character too can break it with a single elbow hit) I guess those windows aren't very strong then.

Now I agree with you about being really badly cut and also having some concussions and limping afterwards but once again if it's either that or being eaten alive... I'll take the risk, now do we absolutely need this in the game... meh... not really, but could be cool.

4 hours ago, Axezombie said:

Anyway keep in mind that we're not talking about brand new houses from the 90s but 60's 70's houses, especially in rather small towns like Muldraugh, Westpoint, Riverside...

Yeah, you're probably right... didn't think about older detached houses in rural kentucky and the fact that you can break a window with just a screwdriver (which actually feels very wrong to me).