Timed events like electricity and water shutoffs

WAX

As we all know, water and electricity shuts off in a set period of time.. but what if more sandbox settings would be altered the same way?

This would be and example and those are things that they already exists in-game, so i think they wouldn't take much more effort to do. This settings would make the game feel more alive, as things are happening and it may change the players to do something different or to adapt the new situation.

In this example, i'ts expected that the general population survives max 60 Days, zombies evolve after day 90 or so and the world gets dryier and colder as time passes.

image.thumb.png.aae8eee2411bec7c2a5992d7cd935394.png

More of this table can be seen in a post at reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/projectzomboid/comments/zfc7pb/pz_story_creation_based_on_events/

**This post was made with mods in mind, so there is more options and a way of doing it yourself via mods.**

Thank you for your time reading this!

• 2 weeks later...

As WAX posted from the original reddit article, the only thing that would make the more "logical" sense would be the house alarms. Yes, after the power fails all alarms should fail (meaning non-existent) as what alarm will have any sort of backup source?

On 6/3/2023 at 3:31 PM, krilton said:

As WAX posted from the original reddit article, the only thing that would make the more "logical" sense would be the house alarms. Yes, after the power fails all alarms should fail (meaning non-existent) as what alarm will have any sort of backup source?

Some alarms work with batteries which can last for 6 months or more, I do not know for sure that those existed in the 90s but I wouldn't be surprised if they did, after all it's just a motion sensor and a speaker with basic batteries in it, nothing too advanced.

But to be fair in PZ batteries are pretty weak so I guess after not even a month those alarms would fail.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...