How do I transfer my server to a friend? In terms of being able to run the server without me (host)

gulablash

Go to C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid and copy the "Server" "db" and "Saves/Multiplayer" folders. Then send them to your friend in the exact same location. They should not be able to just start the server from the Host menu as you can.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys! Is there a way to make this automatically? For example, that all the members that have played in the server had a copy of it when they join? Even better would be that, if some member of the server want to join it alone, that copy of the "updated" or "last run" server could be available for the other members the next time they join, without the need for the last player to be online. So everyone can be the host and join the server whenever they want, and the changes that they do to the world are saved. Maybe the server info and world could be integrated to steamcloud for every member?

Thanks for reading. We with my friends really love the game and this could be really helpful.

On 9/26/2023 at 8:53 PM, poyoto said:

Hi guys! Is there a way to make this automatically? For example, that all the members that have played in the server had a copy of it when they join? Even better would be that, if some member of the server want to join it alone, that copy of the "updated" or "last run" server could be available for the other members the next time they join, without the need for the last player to be online. So everyone can be the host and join the server whenever they want, and the changes that they do to the world are saved. Maybe the server info and world could be integrated to steamcloud for every member?

Thanks for reading. We with my friends really love the game and this could be really helpful.

That is not possible at the moment.