I Can Connect To My Sever, But My Friends Can't.

TissuesForMyIssues

Hi guys.I really need help ASAP.

I can connect to my server via 127.0.0.1, but I can't connect with my public IP. My friends also can't

connect. Please help me! I think It may be a  port forwarding issue. On some port checkers it says my ports are open, but on others they're not. Also I tried allowing them through my firewall and I tried opening them, but I don't think it worked.

Hi, you need to make sure you have the correct ports opened. You need 16261 open for communications and 16262 all the way up to however many slots you want your server to have for example 16263, 16264, 16265, 16266, 16267, 16268, 16269, 16270 if you only wanted 9 player slots (or is it 10?). I'm no pro I had trouble sorting it myself, but I'll leave you with a couple of links that I used personally to get my server running.

Making your IP static

Port forwarding

Hope this helps!

Hi guys.I really need help ASAP.

I can connect to my server via 127.0.0.1, but I can't connect with my public IP. My friends also can't

connect. Please help me! I think It may be a  port forwarding issue. On some port checkers it says my ports are open, but on others they're not. Also I tried allowing them through my firewall and I tried opening them, but I don't think it worked.

You will only ever be able to connect on port 127.0.0.1 - your friends will only be able to connect with your public IP. Definitely check firewall/router/port-forwarding as recl said.

• 2 months later...

I made an account just so I could post my solution. After spending hours searching the web and changing ports to udp or tcp over and over I found out what I was missing.

Make sure you have 16261 under udp

and add individually in tcp the 16262 then add 16263 and so on.

Of course just doing that doesn't fix it.

What you have to do is, start the server after you did the above. The big step that I missed is, RUN THE GAME AS ADMIN.

Once you did that you can connect to your server from your public ip or the internal ip. That's all you had to do.