LUA MOD CHANGES REQUIRED IN 25

lemmy101

To start diverging into 'server' and 'client' lua, we've had to change the file structure of the lua directory. No mods will work unless they are changed to reflect these new directories.

There is a server, shared and a client directory. Please make sure files you modify in your mods are stored in the correct place.

Is there likely to be an option for disabling lua files in MP?

As far as I'm concerned NecroForge is a testing utillity & I'd rather not have to deal with any BS involved with people using it to cheat in Multiplayer.... If users are changing the mod in order to cheat it's on them, If I set it up so that people can cheat its on me :unsure:

EDIT:

Wait.... Scratch that. I can initialise the events based on a gamemode condition :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

This was the problem I was having with my first mod attempt. I had read this topic but didn't even realize it applied to me. If I can clarify for the other newbies:

You can't just dump a modified .lua file in the lua folder. It has to match the directory structure of where the original lua file you're trying to modify sits in the main Zomboid folder. If you're creating a new file from scratch (such as cheatMod) you can put it in /client.

• 2 weeks later...

this is really good! thanks for the information, i was wondering the reason for the mods being not working

i hope this information will be useful for the other guys:

ProjectZomboid\media\lua\client

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok so let me see if I have this right.

User\Zomboid\Mods\

This directory content will remain essentially the same

User\Zomboid\Mods\AnyMod\Media\Lua\Client\

This is the new folder we will put the mod content into in order for PZ to read the mod files properly in our SP games?

User\Zomboid\Mods\AnyMod\Media\Lua\Server\

This would be the structure for hosting a modified server?

User\Zomboid\Mods\AnyMod\Media\Lua\Shared\

Don't really need to use this for mods?

I've yet to try multiplayer functions, but build 26 is to slick not to be playing on, and I've spent a bit of time modifying other peoples mods to maintain some balance in survival, I'd rather not have to scrap my work if I can avoid it

EDIT: Ok so after some experimentation I've discovered that item distrobutions need to go into a "server\items" directory... Still playing around with everything but I'm sure someone else could explain it better. I'm not a modder, just a tweaker flying blind =D