(REQUEST) Digging!

Hello! I am loving the game so far and am wondering if there would be any way to add digging into the game. I know we can set up patches of dirt for crops but what i am talking about is more like base building/trenches.

Digging would allow you to build a moat around your base that would slow zombies down and offer a semi storeable are of water when it rains.

Digging deeper would allow you to build huge underground complexes to protect from the weather and from zombies. I think it would be cool if zombies could fall into your base sometimes if it is not well reinforced. Could use planks to keep it standing, and maybe cement and other things that dont quite exist yet!!!

Any other ideas would be great!

Oh and some other stuff would have course be items like shovels and other digging tools!!

I believe digging is planned into the game developmrnt, though unsure where I read that.

It would certainly be wonderful to be able to dig pits and maybe even tunnels (wooden shoring, anyone ? Hell, even concrete shoring could be made easily.), nevertheless, the real question is: Does the current version of the game allow it ?

This has been suggested a few times already and might be included in the main game as said. No official confirmation has been made although basements and sewers are planned. At the moment this is impossible to do (modding or in game) however, due to the game engine not being able to process levels below 0.

Digging would essentially be a form of construction since all it does is generate 'structures' like floors and walls' but looks different and gives the illusion that it's below ground.

For instance making trenches that are 'deeper' than the usual floor height, when a character stands on it, their 'height' in pixel on the screen is lower and you see a 'cutout' of the interior like there is a floor under the floor.

It's like being inside a house on the lower side of the screen and the game cuts the wall out and shows you tiles there.

PZ getting Sewers and underground interiors like basements would be interesting.