Server not saving progress?

Ch1lly

Hi guys,

I started (hosted) a server last night with a friend. We found a house, established a base etc and quit for the night. I closed my client, then the server.bat. I thought I'd just quickly test to see if it's saved the progress but it seems not to have...?

Basically I started the server up again, and joined, and it's spawned me as a new character. I'm presuming I'm doing something wrong as what I've read in other threads, we should be able to carry on where we left off.

I also noticed I had several folders named 127.0.0.1_Ch1lly etc in my Sandbox folder, and I presume that it's related (see screenshot). 

Any help is greatly appreciated as we really want to get playing this thing! :D

post-9836-0-07773900-1394211282_thumb.pn

OK I've managed to resolve this issue myself, although I'm still not sure why it happened.

I made a copy of the save that I knew I wanted to use (in my case it was 127.0.0.1_Ch1lly1). I then renamed that folder to match the name of the other folders, 1 at a time, replacing them with the save I wanted to use. I now load into the right character every time :)

Hopefully this helps someone else, and someone in the know could let me know why it happened? Thanks.

OK I've managed to resolve this issue myself, although I'm still not sure why it happened.

I made a copy of the save that I knew I wanted to use (in my case it was 127.0.0.1_Ch1lly1). I then renamed that folder to match the name of the other folders, 1 at a time, replacing them with the save I wanted to use. I now load into the right character every time :)

Hopefully this helps someone else, and someone in the know could let me know why it happened? Thanks.

It's a problem when using 127.0.0.1 as an ip address for the server, not entirely sure why but it's a problem right now. Instead of using 127.0.0.1 as the ip address, use localhost instead. It seems more reliable and usually prevents this issue from coming up.