Russia - Ukraine

Cdr.Keen

I see Khodorkovsky has been holding some speeching in Ukraine claiming Russia is lying about Crimera and the neo-facists. That's interesting. Did he help finance the maidan or is he just there to slap Putin in the face?

"Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries - for heavy ones they cannot."

~Machiavelli

As an American citizen I'd like to suggest the following:

My goverment is one giant walking hypocrite. Evidently we can send arms to Syria for their civil war (Which we did LONG before the chemical weapon attack) but Russia cannot intervene in a civil war on it's borders. Let's do some comparisons:

Syria

Bordering America - Nope.

Largely Identify as American? - Nope.

Nation in a civil war? - Yep!

Does america intervene? Yep! Supported the rebels from the get go. Sougth to overthrow the current regime (My country likes to do this).

Ukraine

Bordering Russia - Yep.

Largely Identify as Russian? Yep! 8+ Million (Mostly in Crimean region where Russia "Invaded").

Nation in a civil war? I'd say so, see the livestreams before the Russians showed up? (Hint: Lots of fire and violence).

Does russia intervene? Yep! Protected ethnic russians, the military bases housing their Black Sea fleet, their own borders, and even the Ukraines own people.

As of writing this I've heard NOTHING of Russian aggression in the region. If you really believe Russia is "Invading" you need to stop watching lie outlets like Fox and start getting your news from multiple sources.

If the U.S. goes to war with Russia I swear I'm moving to Germany because I refuse to be a part of it.

[...]

If the U.S. goes to war with Russia I swear I'm moving to Germany because I refuse to be a part of it.

you're welcome :)

our tv most show us two things

- pro ukraine youth and soilders in kiev pro ukraine, protecting the country agains russia invaders. they say putin and yakunovich were best friends and they are in a network of business together.

- ukraine soldiers fighting agains covered russian ppl in crimera which are trying to sabotage ukrain military barracks, russian tanks which are blockade ukraine military barracks. russian speaking ukraine ppl which are protest agains kiev in crimera.

also they say and show reports from covered russian ppl which are attacking reporters and independend observers in crimera.

if i compare and sum the information i got from "our media", it looks like putin and yakunovich have some dirty secrets. now the situation excalates and both want to hide their little secrets. they like to clean up the dirt before they will lost the overview of the situation when EU, NATO and other countrys get into the game.

the situation in kiev and crimera is nearly perfect for them to wipe out some footssteps, they really don't care about the ppl. because after all as we know EU or NATO or silimar will take care and finaly drive the bus agains the wall as they're always do. at the end no one will remember the beginings, because they cast the blame on EU/NATO.

As an American citizen I'd like to suggest the following:

My goverment is one giant walking hypocrite. Evidently we can send arms to Syria for their civil war (Which we did LONG before the chemical weapon attack) but Russia cannot intervene in a civil war on it's borders. Let's do some comparisons:

Syria

Bordering America - Nope.

Largely Identify as American? - Nope.

Nation in a civil war? - Yep!

Does america intervene? Yep! Supported the rebels from the get go. Sougth to overthrow the current regime (My country likes to do this).

Ukraine

Bordering Russia - Yep.

Largely Identify as Russian? Yep! 8+ Million (Mostly in Crimean region where Russia "Invaded").

Nation in a civil war? I'd say so, see the livestreams before the Russians showed up? (Hint: Lots of fire and violence).

Does russia intervene? Yep! Protected ethnic russians, the military bases housing their Black Sea fleet, their own borders, and even the Ukraines own people.

As of writing this I've heard NOTHING of Russian aggression in the region. If you really believe Russia is "Invading" you need to stop watching lie outlets like Fox and start getting your news from multiple sources.

The nicest response that isn't in some way identifies Russia as evil, coming from an american. Finally, someone grasps on the whole idea here.

This doesn't have to do anything with this "chat", but I just want to say, that I am bored with this whole Russia-Ukraine thing.

I hear it in everywhere.

In school, in TV, In radio.

I do like to know the facts of this kind of things, but now everything, that you hear in Finland is: "Does this affect to Finland's security or economy.

That is pretty annoying, because I have to listen to the radio for about 2,5 hours in every weekday. (I wave a long school trip: about 60km to school and back and I am the first one to enter and the first one to leave the taxi)

+ I don't think, that Russia is evil. I am just bored of hearing this. This doesn't mean, that I completely ignore this thing.

This doesn't have to do anything with this "chat", but I just want to say, that I am bored with this whole Russia-Ukraine thing.

I hear it in everywhere.

I do like to know the facts of this kind of things, but now everything, that you hear in Finland is: "Does this affect to Finland's security or economy.

That is pretty annoying, because I have to listen to the radio for about 2,5 hours in every weekday. (I wave a long school trip: about 60km to school and back and I am the first one to enter and the first one to leave the taxi)

+ I don't think, that Russia is evil. I am just bored of hearing this. This doesn't mean, that I completely ignore this thing.

Thanks for commenting on a topic to tell us how bored you are with said topic, totally added to the thread.

Partly a friendly reminder. Mostly just backseat moderating. I see this topic being potentially explosive so i just wanted to remind everyone to treat it as calmly and civilly as possible. Also didn't think it was just a thing moderators say. It is the unofficial slogan of this forum after all...

Partly a friendly reminder. Mostly just backseat moderating. I see this topic being potentially explosive so i just wanted to remind everyone to treat it as calmly and civilly as possible. Also didn't think it was just a thing moderators say. It is the unofficial slogan of this forum after all...

I'm talking about the sarcasm. How is that unlovely unless you're ultra thin skinned? Being "lovely" is an alright slogan to have but I'm not going to pander to everyones subjective definition of the term.

Look, i just thought that some people might take the sarcasm the wrong way and start some kind of flame war. The comment was more directed towards anyone that *was* thinskinned enough to take it poorly, not you as you had already sent your comment. Please don't take it personally. :-(

Look, i just thought that some people might take the sarcasm the wrong way and start some kind of flame war. The comment was more directed towards anyone that *was* thinskinned enough to take it poorly, not you as you had already sent your comment. Please don't take it personally. :sad:

You're fine, don't worry :)

I hear it in everywhere.

I do like to know the facts of this kind of things, but now everything, that you hear in Finland is: "Does this affect to Finland's security or economy.

Entirely unstandable, here in the U.S. we have MUCH bigger issues than Ukraine-Russian affairs. We have serious issues that won't be dealt with (Probably intentionally) because everyones blowing this ordeal way out of proportion.

I personally believe it's just to distract the masses, how can you be upset about your politicians total failures when Russia is "invading" Ukraine? Uh oh! "Crimean Crisis!", "World War 3 On the Horizon?", and "Sen. Lindsey Gram says Alaska is next.". Are we REALLY f**cking serious? The whole thing is being blown way out of proportion and the obscene amount of bias is mind baffling. You know want Americans want? A stable economy and the ability to live without a fear of what tomorrow brings. You know what trade sanctions on Russia will give us? Absolutely nothing. It's political garbage because people don't like putin. And you know what? I'm not joining his fanclub either but playing this stupid war game is a waste of time that could be spent addressing actual problems in our homeland.

But ya know how can be focus on America when Russia is holding a referendum in a country that was literally on fire for one region that in the last Ukranian Census identified as mostly Russian.

---SNIPPED--- (See above quote).

Thanks for commenting on a topic to tell us how bored you are with said topic, totally added to the thread.

I think the aforementioned post does a lot to point out that we're blowing this way out of proportion. So in a way, though indirectly, it does add to the discussion

Hey guys

I’ve got some video information you may wanna look. This one will clarify some things about the 20th february Ukraine massacre. Most of the mass media tells us that this was the fault of the government, but it’s not.

And this video will prove it.

Most of the mass media do not show the whole picture of the events as they should.

Seems that some people in Ukraine used that lie and faulty information to fool the people and to destroy the legitimate government. The US and the EU politicians used Nazis to accomplish their own interests against Russia. And now those terrorists kill innocent civilians that are denying the new government. Most of mass media claim that all this thing is Russia fault, they keep telling everyone that Ukraine territory is invaded by the russian troops. But they forget to mention that there is a special contract between Russia and Ukraine that states that russian military bases could be situated on the territory of the Crimea island. It’s absolutely legal.

I’m just tired of all that lie, I just want people to know the truth.

Please show this video to your friends, don't let the Nazis destroy the Ukraine.

The original video had more than 2 000 000 views, it was translated to show you what was really happened.

At the end of the day TIS isn't a political forum -- please keep this topic to one thread.

And frankly, I'm a little leery about the causual throwing around of the word "nazi" to describe any group in this, unless there's a die-hard group that represents themselves as such. At best, it's manipulative, as no one would support nazis but nazis.

Hey guys

I’ve got some video information you may wanna look. This one will clarify some things about the 20th february Ukraine massacre. Most of the mass media tells us that this was the fault of the government, but it’s not.

Most of the mass media do not show the whole picture of the events as they should.

Seems that some people in Ukraine used that lie and faulty information to fool the people and to destroy the legitimate government. The US and the EU politicians used Nazis to accomplish their own interests against Russia. And now those terrorists kill innocent civilians that are denying the new government. Most of mass media claim that all this thing is Russia fault, they keep telling everyone that Ukraine territory is invaded by the russian troops. But they forget to mention that there is a special contract between Russia and Ukraine that states that russian military bases could be situated on the territory of the Crimea island. It’s absolutely legal.

Please show this video to your friends, don't let the Nazis destroy the Ukraine.

The original video had more than 2 000 000 views, it was translated to show you what was really happened.

WARNING, GRAPHIC, WATCH ONLY IF OVER 21 YEARS OLD.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=729_1393335320

Oh yeah hardcore nazi death-squad attacking here on the 20th.

Hey guys

No offence, but out-right throwing a conspiracy about Nazis into the open with very little evidence but a video that has been translated by god-knows-who is incredibly foolish - not to mention you're using that whole 'anon-E-moose' avatar also makes me believe that you're just another conspiracy theorist.

Your total post count of 1 (once again I apologise) makes me jump the gun entirely because we have no idea of your credibility.

Yes, I realise that all this stuff looks really strange. And yes, this is propaganda. But don't let that fool you.

If we look at the American propaganda with videos like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvds2AIiWLA  you will see what's this all about.

Just compare the budget and it will clarify lots of things.

And about Nazis,

We all have internet, and most importantly we all have google. If you don't believe me you can just search for some pictures from Maidan.

Maybe that will help?

http://s30.postimg.org/oewnfsctd/8553_60011.jpg

http://www.opendemocracy.net/files/Bankova%20-%2001%20-%20Version%202.jpg

http://img.rt.com/files/opinionpost/21/e8/80/00/ukrainian-nationalists-attacked-police.si.jpg

http://ukrpravda.ua/sites/default/files/styles/img_650x650/public/svastika_na_evromaydane_0.jpg?itok=Xlz9H59i

Yes, I realise that all this stuff looks really strange. And yes, this is propaganda. But don't let that fool you.

If we look at the American propaganda with videos like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvds2AIiWLA  you will see what's this all about.

Just compare the budget and it will clarify lots of things.

And about Nazis,

We all have internet, and most importantly we all have google. If you don't believe me you can just search for some pictures from Maidan.

Maybe that will help?

http://s30.postimg.org/oewnfsctd/8553_60011.jpg

http://www.opendemocracy.net/files/Bankova%20-%2001%20-%20Version%202.jpg

http://img.rt.com/files/opinionpost/21/e8/80/00/ukrainian-nationalists-attacked-police.si.jpg

http://ukrpravda.ua/sites/default/files/styles/img_650x650/public/svastika_na_evromaydane_0.jpg?itok=Xlz9H59i

Too be fair, something with this high media attention, you're bound to see these extremist groups. Doesn't mean they are at the centre of everything.

No offence, but out-right throwing a conspiracy about Nazis into the open with very little evidence but a video that has been translated by god-knows-who is incredibly foolish - not to mention you're using that whole 'anon-E-moose' avatar also makes me believe that you're just another conspiracy theorist.

Your total post count of 1 (once again I apologise) makes me jump the gun entirely because we have no idea of your credibility.

As Russian I can confirm that majority of what was translated in the video (and partially the ukrainian language) was truth and wasn't fabricated to look different. Yes, this video had both ukrainian and russian in it translated. My own research went further away than just one video and I can also confirm that this video isn't fake.

to Connal : The first link to the picture shows leaders of "Svoboda" group, who are taking political seats at the moment in ukrainian government building. Even if you believe that they aren't the center of attention, you are lying to yourself if you deny that these are a minority and there's something else behind it.