batmap

I am still fairly new to the game, but it seems there is lacking a separate (and recent, I might add) location (ie forum or sub-forum) to discuss the pzwiki content. Unless I misunderstood, the pzwiki is probably THE place to go for background reading on Project Zomboid information. May I suggest to whoever is an admin for these forums to split the posts/topics related to the pzwiki off to a separate forum section or possibly a sub-forum section of the "General Discussion" forum. Along with that, might I also add it may help to separate sub-sections within the pzwiki 'area' by release/update/build numbers. So, when an official release happens, say 'build 41', 'build 42', etc, users might be able to find relevant information faster. I have no idea if any of this is relevant or viable as a suggestion, just my thoughts.

My question for anyone that cares is: if something is changed by a game build released to users in an official release 'build 41/42/etc', does the wiki reflect it? For example, you want to use build 41/42/etc to host a multiplayer server, does the wiki have a way to do provide all the background info for that build? Or, is it now up to players to figure out (by playing/experiencing those changes from the most recent build release) what changed and potentially update the wiki?

Maybe I am wrong, but if the later is the case, that would seem a bit backwards. I would think Indie Stone would be proactive in updating the source for game information for most new players. Is any of this making sense or am I way off?

Archived